No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

March 26th, 2017 at 6:24:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The media is in shock over how Trump
is handling the bill failure. He's acting
very gracious and presidential, they say.
He's 'opening the door' to work with
Dems on what they want in health
care and hopes to form some coalitions
on the other side of the aisle. There
was a Dem congressman on a show
who said he's never seen a politician
with as much energy as Trump. Twice
as much as Obama had on his best day.

If Trump cozies up to the Dems it will
really piss off conservatives. Oh well..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 26th, 2017 at 6:39:47 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
You clearly do not have the same news sources as I.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 26th, 2017 at 7:14:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64
You clearly do not have the same news sources as I.

The coalition story is from the Wall Street
Journal. Probably more fake news.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-opens-door-to-democrats-in-wake-of-health-bill-failure-1490547877
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 26th, 2017 at 7:47:02 PM permalink
Dalex64
I see you are willing to believe such a "fake news" site when it suits you, same as the way you deal with polls.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 26th, 2017 at 7:52:32 PM permalink
Dalex64
Also in the news, Trump was looking who to blame, Trump wanted revenge, Trump is going to "move on" , and Trump will let Obamacare collapse and thinks that is a good idea.

Someone must have finally convinced him that he and the Republicans would take the blame for obamacare's collapse now that they are in charge, not the Democrats.

Still, you can't take him at his word.

I think there was some representative who was among the first to suggest actually cooperating with the Democrats, when defeat seemed inevitable.

I look forward to a bill that Democrats would vote for.
March 26th, 2017 at 8:29:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
I see you are willing to believe such a "fake news" site when it suits you

I usually get all my fake news from CNN/MS,
but WSJ and NYT are often good for it also,
and WaPo.
March 26th, 2017 at 8:31:53 PM permalink
Evenbob

I look forward to a bill that Democrats would vote for.

Um, it's already in place, called Obamacare?
They unanimously voted for it, remember?
March 26th, 2017 at 8:59:10 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Um, it's already in place, called Obamacare?
They unanimously voted for it, remember?

Yup.

And if it was really so awful.... Republicans would have repealed and replaced it by now.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 27th, 2017 at 7:50:09 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Reading up on the dismal failure of the Golden Boy and GOP attempt to legislate, I came across a criticism of Obamacare (aka, the ACA). The fact that it limits insurers from charging the elderly more than three times what they charge the young; thus making the premiums for younger people more expensive.

This sure sounds unfair, right? after all, the elderly use up more medical services.

Well, yes. they've also been paying into insurance longer. And the young will as well. So what's the big deal?

I've always had medical insurance. I've made use of it a grand total of zero times (that's I've NEVER made use of medical insurance at all). I've never been hospitalized for any reason, had any major surgery, or any minor surgery since a tonsillectomy at age 3 (which was probably unnecessary). But chances are I'll use the hell out of it in the last 15 years of my life. So I pay it as an investment in future peace of mind.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 27th, 2017 at 2:26:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
This has to be fake news, at least 26
Hispanic/American construction
companies are bidding on the wall?
Are they traitors to their people?
Don't they know that after last week
there will be no wall, Trump is packing
his bags and is going back to private
life? They should quit watching Fox
and go back to CNN where the real
news is.

"Aguilar is the owner of Construction Technology Network, a small Northern California company that specializes in project management. He’s one of at least 26 Hispanic-American business owners to have registered with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to bid on government contracts to build the border wall.. A massive infrastructure project that has attracted interest from more than 600 firms. Any company that meets the minimum requirements can submit a bid, and while the federal government often gives preference to small or minority-owned businesses, a Customs and Border Protection spokesman wouldn’t comment on whether Hispanic-American-owned companies would have a leg up on the competition."

https://news.vice.com/story/hispanic-american-contractors-who-want-to-build-trumps-border-wall