2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

June 20th, 2017 at 11:51:30 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
So by and large the nation is actually pretty evenly divided. The people who didn't vote at all outnumber the ones who voted for either party We are not at civil war despite the rhetoric of some pundits. So the reality is there must be a lot of centrists.

The bad news is the two defining civil wars in history took place due to a very even political division. One is the big Roman civil war between the Optimates and the Populares. The other is the US Civil War.

And if you dig into the meanings of Populares and Optimates, you begin to get scared at the parallels.

Still, it's doubtful Americans would fight an actual shooting war among themselves, despite the widespread availability of weapons. A more likely outcome would be a kind of acrimonious separation, with the country divided in at least 3 parts.

If things go that far.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 20th, 2017 at 11:51:31 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Pacomartin
So by and large the nation is actually pretty evenly divided. The people who didn't vote at all outnumber the ones who voted for either party We are not at civil war despite the rhetoric of some pundits. So the reality is there must be a lot of centrists.

The bad news is that two defining civil wars in history took place due to a very even political division. One is the big Roman civil war between the Optimates and the Populares. The other is the US Civil War.

And if you dig into the meanings of Populares and Optimates, you begin to get scared at the parallels.

Still, it's doubtful Americans would fight an actual shooting war among themselves, despite the widespread availability of weapons. A more likely outcome would be a kind of acrimonious separation, with the country divided in at least 3 parts.

If things go that far.
June 20th, 2017 at 12:03:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Someone on the Left finally gets it,
what I've been saying all along.
Katrina vanden Heuvel, the editor
of The Nation, writes:

“There’s nothing to this Russian thing, and this total focus on it is allowing Trump to implement parts of his agenda that nobody’s paying attention to. And this is why we didn’t want him elected. He had an agenda. We opposed it, and he’s implementing it.”

Yup. The stuff he's doing that nobody
in the lamestream press in reporting on
is fantastic. Every day it's something. As
he manipulates the press with his tweets
that they beg him to stop making, he's
snickering at them behind their backs
and getting what he wants done.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 20th, 2017 at 12:23:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
As
he manipulates the press with his tweets
that they beg him to stop making

The press begs him to stop tweeting? Are you insane?

The press loves his tweets!

It's the Republicans in Congress, the WH staff, and his legal counsel who beg him to stop tweeting!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 20th, 2017 at 1:04:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Frank Luntz had a focus group of Repub
voters last week. He asked them:

“We’re now in the middle of June. I want you to give me one word or phrase to describe Donald Trump. Now that we have some idea of who he is, give me a word or phrase to describe Donald Trump.”

VOICE: I’d say honest.

VOICE: Determined.

VOICE: Effective.

VOICE: True.

VOICE: Strong.

VOICE: Productive.

VOICE: Tough SOB.

VOICE: Very authentic.

Luntz was stunned, he hadn't expected this
at all. When he asked how many thought
Trump should keep tweeting, every single
hand went up. Every hand. This was on CBS
and they were just stymied, they thought for
sure Trump's base was deserting him in droves
and just opposite is true. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 20th, 2017 at 3:17:46 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Is there much difference between a focus group and a poll?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 20th, 2017 at 3:22:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Dalex64

Polls are more scientific.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 20th, 2017 at 4:18:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Did you see the tech giants praising Trump
to the hilt after yesterday's meeting? They
love him.

BEZOS: I applaud the formation of the Innovation Council, and I thank Jared for doing that. Using commercial technologies wherever possible — I think you guys are already headed that way. But to leverage those will save taxpayers a lot of money.

BOOKMAN: I’m really excited and honored to be a part of today’s conversation, and I applaud the work that Jared and so many others here are leading. It’s clear to me that a lot of the thinking being applied is exactly what’s been needed for a long time.

SCHMIDT: Mr. President, thanks to Jared and Ivanka for sort of driving this so hard. I’m absolutely convinced that during your administration there’s going to be a huge explosion and new opportunities because of the platforms that are being built in our industry. It’s going to happen soon during your leadership.

THIEL: Very honored to be here today. I think that the tech industry’s an industry that is doing well in America and we need to sort of make it do even better. I think your administration’s off to a terrific start in doing these things.

It went on and on and the Leftie tech world
is in meltdown over it, that these tech giants
even went to the meeting, let alone fawned
all over the Trump family for the great work
they're doing.
June 20th, 2017 at 4:20:31 PM permalink
Evenbob

Pillsbury Doughboy Luntz hates Trump's guts,
so you know he went out of his way to find
voters he thought would give him negative
answers. He even tried to talk them out if
what they were saying. lol
June 20th, 2017 at 4:45:52 PM permalink
Nareed

Polls are for determining preferences and widely defined opinions.

Focus groups allow for more depth and texture of the data, and can be turned to specific subsets of items (like commercials or TV shows)