2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 8th, 2017 at 4:47:44 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
The GOP gets slaughtered last night and the righties are talking about... Hillary.

I'M LOVING IT.

A landslide and a sweep.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 8th, 2017 at 4:52:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Dalex64
A landslide and a sweep.

My few local elections that were contested and not predictable before election day went to Republicans by narrow margins. I am pretty sure these were decided because of local issues and not because people love or hate Trump. Can someone summarize the elections that they think being a Trump supporter made a difference in a negative way? Thanks.
November 8th, 2017 at 5:34:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Can someone summarize the elections that they think being a Trump supporter made a difference in a negative way? Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but take a look at the Virginia house of delegates.

The GOP went from a 66-34 majority (thanks, gerrymandering) to what currently looks like an even 50-50 split (there are still 5 close races that will be determined by a recount). Literally NO ONE was predicting that the Dems could pick up that many seats.

Donald's unpopularity *may have* contributed to this.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 8th, 2017 at 7:05:20 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
Wow, the Dem won gov in VA by only 3 points
in an all blue state. That's a huge sign of how well
Trump is viewed if a Repub can come that
close in a rabid blue state that had Terry
McJerkWad as gov for the last term. Nobody
but nobody thought the Dem would lose, but
it was really close, considering..

I'm still fascinated by where EB got this total B.S. from... Literally every sentence in this post is a lie:

The Dem won by 9 points.
VA is not a rabid blue state by any means.
LOTS of people thought the Dem would lose and it was not really close, considering..

I don't expect EB to talk about last night's elections till after he can get his talking points from Rush later today... if he even talks about them at all.
November 8th, 2017 at 7:05:58 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
Trump becoming a lame duck President in his first year? This is certainly a new first for the record books.

The lack of leadership, the tantrums, the grandstanding over nothing, the attempts to suppress lawful inquiries and all the rest, are perfectly consistent with the first Moron-American president.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 8th, 2017 at 7:44:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but take a look at the Virginia house of delegates.

The GOP went from a 66-34 majority (thanks, gerrymandering) to what currently looks like an even 50-50 split (there are still 5 close races that will be determined by a recount). Literally NO ONE was predicting that the Dems could pick up that many seats.

Donald's unpopularity *may have* contributed to this.

Virginia voted for HRC over DJT by over 200,000 votes. Not even close. Around the same margin of victory for the Dem statewide officials this year. Not sure how a 50-50 split in a state that overwhelmingly voted for HRC over DJT is as big news as you want it to be. I'd say it is a little (though surely positive) deal for the Dems.

And yes, you answered my question. Thanks.
November 8th, 2017 at 8:36:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Virginia voted for HRC over DJT by over 200,000 votes. Not even close. Around the same margin of victory for the Dem statewide officials this year. Not sure how a 50-50 split in a state that overwhelmingly voted for HRC over DJT is as big news as you want it to be. I'd say it is a little (though surely positive) deal for the Dems.

And yes, you answered my question. Thanks.

2016 Virginia
Clinton 49.8%
Trump 44.4%

2017 Virginia
Northam 53.9%
Gillespie 45%

Not the same margin
Republican vote share pretty much stayed the same while Dem vote share increased a lot
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 8th, 2017 at 8:43:09 AM permalink
ams288
Not sure how a 50-50 split in a state that overwhelmingly voted for HRC over DJT is as big news as you want it to be.

It says more about gerrymandering than anything, tbh...

Thanks to last night, when the districts get redrawn after 2020, there will be a Dem governor overseeing it.
November 8th, 2017 at 8:48:26 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Setting aside the 2008 primary (Obama vs. Hillary), here's a question for ya: between 2009 and 2016, did Obama ever actively attack a fellow Democrat? Nope. I can't think of a single time when Obama really hit a Democrat and hit him hard.

Contrast that with Trump. How many times since Trump was inaugurated has Trump attacked his fellow Republicans? Constantly. McConnell, Ryan, Flake, Corker, McCain. Trump's protege Steve Bannon wants to unseat every Republican in the Senate!

How can a football team beat the other team if they spend the whole game tackling their own side? They can't. Trump is at war with his own party, and so far as I can tell the only winners of this war will be Democrats.
November 8th, 2017 at 9:26:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: reno
Setting aside the 2008 primary (Obama vs. Hillary), here's a question for ya: between 2009 and 2016, did Obama ever actively attack a fellow Democrat? Nope. I can't think of a single time when Obama really hit a Democrat and hit him hard.

Contrast that with Trump. How many times since Trump was inaugurated has Trump attacked his fellow Republicans? Constantly. McConnell, Ryan, Flake, Corker, McCain. Trump's protege Steve Bannon wants to unseat every Republican in the Senate!

How can a football team beat the other team if they spend the whole game tackling their own side? They can't. Trump is at war with his own party, and so far as I can tell the only winners of this war will be Democrats.

Bottom line
Trump is a troll
He would be suspended here if he became a member
I consider him a typical a**hole due to all the derogatory name calling
If a friend acted like Trump, my 1st reaction to the person is "Why are you acting like an a**hole"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"