2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

July 9th, 2020 at 1:11:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
Trump piggy backed off Obama's economy. He inherited unemployment trends. One of the major talking points from conservatives is that "Obama never achieved 3% GDP annually." Guess what, neither has Trump. Both never got above 2.9%. And Trump's best GDP quarter is Obama's 5th best quarter.

Obama left a stumbling economy going nowhere. I have met people who said business picked up literally days after Trump was elected. One employment agency stopped taking new clients because they already had too much business to fill.

IOW, the economy did better in spite of Obama, not because of him. Reagan had far worse in 1981-82 and his recovery was many times what Obama's was. Obama presided over more than half the months of >7% unemployment since we started counting.

See, Obama never did anything in the private sector so he had no idea how it worked. He hid from reality on campus and in government.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2020 at 1:38:42 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Call it clearing of the accusation then.

No, did not read it. I do not have the time on my hands the liberals do to real all that. Or the desire to read about nothing.

I'm not a Liberal; I just prefer to have information about a topic known to me before commenting on that topic to too great an extent. I wrote an article that had a bit to do with this if you want me to find you a link, btw.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 9th, 2020 at 1:43:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
I'm not a Liberal; I just prefer to have information about a topic known to me before commenting on that topic to too great an extent. I wrote an article that had a bit to do with this if you want me to find you a link, btw.

The ones I heard waiting to read it were mostly Trump haters. The haters that make Trump the center of their lives. Some on here. Perhaps you like to read that kind of work to be informed, but that does not change who the big market was.

No need to link. It showed the Russia thing was in the imagination of the left. Nothing more worth it for my time on it. Other things to do.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2020 at 1:51:00 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Other things to do.

mmmhmmm

You've been refreshing this page for three hours.
July 9th, 2020 at 2:11:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
mmmhmmm

You've been refreshing this page for three hours.

Been a slow afternoon at work. But I would do most anything instead of read that boring report.
The President is a fink.
July 9th, 2020 at 2:24:31 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
The ones I heard waiting to read it were mostly Trump haters. The haters that make Trump the center of their lives. Some on here. Perhaps you like to read that kind of work to be informed, but that does not change who the big market was.

No need to link. It showed the Russia thing was in the imagination of the left. Nothing more worth it for my time on it. Other things to do.

It didn't show that, but you can believe whatever your preferred news source tells you about it. I don't know who the intended market was, but you're probably right. I mainly read through the thing because I wrote a series of articles following the betting odds of Trump being Impeached/Removed...for the record, the only line I was wrong about was IMPEACHMENT-NO. I was correct on any other related bets.

So, not to say I was pro-Trump because I certainly wasn't, but I do like to be pro-objectivity to the limited extent I can set aside personal biases.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 9th, 2020 at 4:45:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

It was a joke. Get a sense of humor. And a life.

Are you saying there are people
that took that obvious joke
seriously? No there aren't, you
made that up. How could anybody
think it was anything but making
fun of how inept our own gov't
is. Nobody would be that out of it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 9th, 2020 at 5:03:11 PM permalink
Tanko
The economy was moving in the same direction under Trump as it was under Obama. And Trump brought trillion dollar deficits back, while Obama and sequestration cut them.

Trump policies created 5 million jobs in his first two years in office. He did that the right way, with tax cuts and policies to move the supply chain back to the US. He didn’t need $4 trillion in QE to create a false economy built on digital currency.

Who told you Obama cut the deficits?

The Budget deficit in 2015 was $439 Billion. It grew 34% to $587 billion in 2016. It grew another 13.3% to $665 billion in 2017.

Tax revenues have reached record levels every year since the tax cuts went into effect on Jan. 1 2018. The tax cuts didn’t add a dime to the deficit.

How much should Congress raise taxes?

That leaves spending. Over 80% of the growth in government spending is for mandatory spending on social programs, and interest on the debt.

The other 20% in growth is in Discretionary spending. Half of which is for military spending. The rest is spent on funding programs for education, health and human services, transportation, housing, energy and many others.

Where should the spending cuts be made?

Trump has proposed over $5 trillion in spending cuts. Congress has refused all of them.

The Democrat controlled House controls spending. Not Trump. It's July and they still haven't drafted a budget resolution for 2020. If they're so concerned about the deficit, they have the power to make the spending cuts and raise taxes.
July 9th, 2020 at 5:45:21 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: Tanko
Trump policies created 5 million jobs in his first two years in office. He did that the right way, with tax cuts and policies to move the supply chain back to the US. He didn’t need $4 trillion in QE to create a false economy built on digital currency.

Who told you Obama cut the deficits?

The Budget deficit in 2015 was $439 Billion. It grew 34% to $587 billion in 2016. It grew another 13.3% to $665 billion in 2017.

Tax revenues have reached record levels every year since the tax cuts went into effect on Jan. 1 2018. The tax cuts didn’t add a dime to the deficit.

How much should Congress raise taxes?

That leaves spending. Over 80% of the growth in government spending is for mandatory spending on social programs, and interest on the debt.

The other 20% in growth is in Discretionary spending. Half of which is for military spending. The rest is spent on funding programs for education, health and human services, transportation, housing, energy and many others.

Where should the spending cuts be made?

Trump has proposed over $5 trillion in spending cuts. Congress has refused all of them.

The Democrat controlled House controls spending. Not Trump. It's July and they still haven't drafted a budget resolution for 2020. If they're so concerned about the deficit, they have the power to make the spending cuts and raise taxes.

What veto proof spending bills has trump signed since taking office? None of them. If the self Proclaiming “king of debt” was concerned about spending (he campaigned on a promise of eliminating all of
our deficit), he would’ve vetoed the spending. He didn’t. He signed. Buck stops there or nowhere?

The house has the sole authority to make cuts and raise taxes...without Trump’s signature?

Obama inherited a 1.3 trillion deficit from Bush. It was 685 billion when he left according to your data. So...when you ask who told me he cut them? You did.
July 10th, 2020 at 4:25:52 AM permalink
Tanko
What veto proof spending bills has trump signed since taking office? None of them.

Would you prefer he vetoed the bills, shut down the government, furloughed thousands of government employees, including air traffic controllers, doctors and other health care professionals, until the dems caved?

Quote:
The house has the sole authority to make cuts and raise taxes...without Trump’s signature?

With a two-thirds majority, the House can over ride a presidential veto on any spending and tax bill.

Quote:
Obama inherited a 1.3 trillion deficit from Bush. It was 685 billion when he left according to your data. So...when you ask who told me he cut them? You did.

Obama’s budget deficit grew 51.5% from 2015 to 2017. He did not reduce the deficit as you claim. He added to it be getting us involved with three more CIA inspired civil wars.

Again. Most of those increases are built in to the budget through mandatory spending on social programs.

Since you seem to have all the answers, I asked you how much Congress should raise taxes, and where should the spending cuts be made. You still haven't answered.

In another thread, I asked you what policies would you suggest to reduce income inequality. You still haven’t answered.

Quote:
So my fix? Institute policies that reduce the MASSIVE income inequality that has been rising for the last 30 years since voodoo economics was put into place.