Inauguration

January 20th, 2017 at 7:40:49 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: ams288
Kellyanne Conway, on the other hand........ yikes.

Don't tell my wife but I'm in love.
January 20th, 2017 at 7:57:31 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
As of today, George W. Bush is no longer the worst president in recent memory.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 20th, 2017 at 8:26:48 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Nareed
As of today, George W. Bush is no longer the worst president in recent memory.

That's BS. Trump's done nothing as president yet. You gotta give him a week or a month to truly screw up. I am sure everyone will be able to find righteous anger or insufferable praise soon enough.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 20th, 2017 at 8:34:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
That's BS. trumps done nothing as president yet. You gotta give him a week or a month to truly screw up.

Yeah but after the screw up we have had the last 8 years it will be hard to do worse.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2017 at 8:35:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Yeah but after the screw up we have had the last 8 years it will be hard to do worse.

LOL - must be weird living in such an isolated bubble.

Obama's approval ratings are at 60%.

I'd bet that Donald never ever reaches 60%.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 20th, 2017 at 8:41:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
LOL - must be weird living in such an isolated bubble.

Obama's approval ratings are at 60%.

I'd bet that Donald never ever reaches 60%.

Approval ratings are not the measure of a good POTUS.

Unemployment and GDP growth were awful under Obama. Just two measures of his failures.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2017 at 8:41:56 AM permalink
TheCesspit

Wow, and that's hyperbole as well... It's hardly like the US has fallen into the see, had hyper inflation and falling job totals. You might not like it, but if you take a look around at other countries, you can truly see how terrible a leader can actually be.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 20th, 2017 at 8:46:04 AM permalink
ams288
Unemployment and GDP growth were awful under Obama. Just two measures of his failures.

Okay - we shall see if Donald does better.

The numbers will speak for themselves. His will have to be better than Obama's in order for you to consider him a success, no?
January 20th, 2017 at 8:46:54 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Approval ratings are not the measure of a good POTUS.

Looking at some stats from 2015. GDP growth has been comparable to Bush II. Unemployment has fallen from about 10% to about 5% (source: http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/10/28/which-presidents-have-been-best-for-the-economy)

Hardly great numbers. Hardly extremely bad. Bush II had a massive rise in unemployment. And if we are going to claim external factors for that, we'd have to claim external factors for Obama, too.

Both Bush II and Obama have been terrible for the debt increase, Obama probably is the worst though. Inflation has been pretty constant for the last 16 years.

I think it's hard to claim Obama has been outstandingly bad compared to his immediate predecessors.

(edit:) What I'd be most curious is to see if the rate of wealth transference to the top tiers has been faster or slower under Obama (though surely the Houses should share some of the blame and praise for the changes in the economy as a whole, right?).
January 20th, 2017 at 8:49:26 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: TheCesspit
I think it's hard to claim Obama has been outstandingly bad compared to his immediate predecessors.

It is - but that won't stop righties who live in the bubble like Duffy from trying.