Inauguration

January 22nd, 2017 at 5:33:23 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
I heard that those comparison pictures of crowd size were totally blatant, Obama's from peak size hours to Trump's hours before the event happened. Trump clearly gets that the more he catches and calls the media on their bias the better.

So now we are to the point where we all knew we might end up:

The press lied.

Instead of simply calling out the lie--the timing of the comparison and the extra security slowing things down and maybe reducing the numbers in certain viewing areas--Trump and his team doubled down and called it the "largest ever"...with no proof.

If you want to beat the press, you need to be full of facts and not fiction.

Trump's team lied.

The tinfoil hat theorists that think Russia made any difference in the election are pretty much just toys of the left--nothing at all has been proven and there was even false documentation spread around. They didn't think hacking was an issue when it came to Hillary's crap; suddenly it was...but they don't really want to talk about the compromising information that was gathered by the hackers. They are a bunch of sore losers with a sorry candidate who could not carry the day. It wasn't Putin, Trump, or anyone else that cost the Democrats the election--it was a candidate who could not close the deal with the voters.

That leaves us with a Trump Presidency that will be severely hindered if he battles lies with lies...
January 22nd, 2017 at 6:14:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
So now we are to the point where we all knew we might end up:

The press lied.

Instead of simply calling out the lie--the timing of the comparison and the extra security slowing things down and maybe reducing the numbers in certain viewing areas--Trump and his team doubled down and called it the "largest ever"...with no proof.

If you want to beat the press, you need to be full of facts and not fiction.

Actually if you want to beat the press you have to play the PR game better than they do.

A historical example would be Vietnam. We won battle after battle. The press said the war was lost. Who believed who?

Trump has won with over the media time after time by using a bombastic counterclaim when they showed bias. It throws the press on defense for a whole news cycle. Like in football, keep running the same plays until they stop working.
The President is a fink.
January 22nd, 2017 at 6:40:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I heard that those comparison pictures of crowd size were totally blatant.

Pence walking in front of empty bleachers
A PICTURE
AZ goes with "I heard" lol
The disconnect from reality is mind boggling.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 22nd, 2017 at 6:41:26 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Here is a link to a time lapse video from PBS of the national mall on inaguration day.

https://youtu.be/PdantUf5tXg

For most of the video, you can see people coming in, see how full it gets, then in the last few seconds during the song fanfare you can see people leaving.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 22nd, 2017 at 6:48:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
Pence walking in front of empty bleachers
A PICTURE
AZ goes with "I heard" lol
The disconnect from reality is mind boggling.

A picture taken at what time of day?

Yes, I heard it on several sources. Just another fake by the lamestreams, like the Dan Rather docs.

Seriously, give it up. Help make America great again.
The President is a fink.
January 22nd, 2017 at 7:19:49 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I saw such a picture.

This wasn't just a picture of empty bleachers,

It was a picture of empty bleachers with Pence and his secret service team walking in front.

If people wanted to see him, they needed to be in the bleachers at that time, when the picture was taken.

Was it a practice walk? Were they going to go back and walk in front of those bleachers again later when more people were there? Did Pence leave so early that people hadn't shown up yet?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 22nd, 2017 at 7:23:42 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
We know Golden Boy is 100% trustworthy in one respect: we can trust him to lie whenever he says something.

And half the time when he's not saying anything.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 22nd, 2017 at 8:06:24 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Actually if you want to beat the press you have to play the PR game better than they do.

A historical example would be Vietnam. We won battle after battle. The press said the war was lost. Who believed who?

Trump has won with over the media time after time by using a bombastic counterclaim when they showed bias. It throws the press on defense for a whole news cycle. Like in football, keep running the same plays until they stop working.

It almost sounds like you are ENCOURAGING the Trump folks to lie. "Bombastic counterclaims" should be something that is true and not lies. The crowd was larger than the press stated but smaller than what Spicer said on behalf of the President. I think there is room to be "bombastic" about it without telling a lie.

He has tools now that weren't available in the Vietnam era. Use them properly.

We cannot, of course, forget that the press covered up Obama's lie about keeping your coverage if you wanted to do so when the ACA was enacted. They pretty much let that one, among others, for the entire eight years.
January 22nd, 2017 at 9:38:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC
It almost sounds like you are ENCOURAGING the Trump folks to lie. "Bombastic counterclaims" should be something that is true and not lies. The crowd was larger than the press stated but smaller than what Spicer said on behalf of the President. I think there is room to be "bombastic" about it without telling a lie.

He has tools now that weren't available in the Vietnam era. Use them properly.

We cannot, of course, forget that the press covered up Obama's lie about keeping your coverage if you wanted to do so when the ACA was enacted. They pretty much let that one, among others, for the entire eight years.

I am encouraging him to beat the media at the communications game. This one was not something that really mattered. When he counterclaims the press must then report the "real" numbers, and they are then caught in their own lies.

Any POTUS not a liberal has to deal with an antagonistic press, we have learned this since the early 1990s. The Bushes tried "the truth will set you free." It didn't work at all. What Trump did was made the media cover their own lie. It kind of worked, though I doubt anyone cares about attendance much. Setting the tone, however, was the big thing. He ain't lying down.
The President is a fink.
January 22nd, 2017 at 9:57:12 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This is why there will be no substative discussions with the righties like EB and Duffy here over the next four years: they have no shame.

They are not embarrassed by lying out of their asses and making a fool of themselves. All we can do is mock them, it's a waste to try to engage.

"Trump won in a landslide."
"Trump had the biggest inauguration crowds ever."

Anyone with two eyes and a fully functioning brain knows these are blatant falsehoods. Not up for debate. I don't think they even truly believe what they are saying. It's almost like a form of trolling. They hope that if they keep saying it, we'll just let it go and accept that people believe it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman