Inauguration

January 25th, 2017 at 10:52:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Actually it is. If you do not have residence you should not be registered to vote.

Isn't Donald's white supremacist sidekick Steve Bannon registered in two states? LOCK HIM UP!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 25th, 2017 at 11:08:48 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Isn't Donald's white supremacist sidekick Steve Bannon registered in two states? LOCK HIM UP!

When you move from one state to another, I am unaware of any law that says you have to unregister from the state you moved from.

Perhaps my definition of voter fraud was too narrow. How about this one?

http://www.projectvote.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/Politics_of_Voter_Fraud_Final.pdf

Quote:
Voter fraud is the “intentional corruption of the electoral process by the voter.” This definition covers
knowingly and willingly giving false information to establish voter eligibility, and knowingly and
willingly voting illegally or participating in a conspiracy to encourage illegal voting by others. All
other forms of corruption of the electoral process and corruption committed by elected or
election officials, candidates, party organizations, advocacy groups or campaign workers fall
under the wider definition of election fraud.

So there are two things - how much "voter fraud" is there, and how many fraudulent votes were actually cast.

I am hoping this investigation will quantify both.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 25th, 2017 at 11:23:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
When you move from one state to another, I am unaware of any law that says you have to unregister from the state you moved from.

I would wager that it is a law but the kind of law that is rarely enforced. Same as keeping your old license plates until they expire.

Of course the issue is when people intentionally do this. College students are a big culprit, register at school after you voted at home. Problem could be solved by using a similar system to preventing multiple drivers licenses.

In 1992 the GOP was against Motor Voter because of potential fraud, but they never explained how said fraud would happen. It seems it is now happening on some scale but not known.

One solution would be to put an end to all these registration drives and just make sure there is registration material at every USPS location. Similar to Selective Service and Passport material. Could be some free-speech issues but also maybe not. Make it so that the application has to be handed across a counter by the registrant to avoid people scooping up many applications and fraudulently handing them out. No more same-day registrations.

This would go a long way to cleaning up the system but not put an undue burden on 99.9% of people. What we have now is crazy unsecure.
The President is a fink.
January 25th, 2017 at 11:44:59 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Nareed

In terms the fanboys can comprehend: make obtaining the ID as easy as buying a gun.

$105 just to apply, with no guarantee (in fact, a warning) that said right may not be bestowed unto you. Granted, this is NY. But the very best gun laws are exactly as nationwide voting is now. Well, almost. You still need a .gov issued photo ID. And those very best laws exist in like 2 states, each of which have no people.

I do like the comparison, though (though I prefer to make guns like voting, not the other way around). I never bring it up, but I do find it fascinating that those most adamant about the 24th have a complete disconnect using the same logic considering the 2nd. I am both a poor and a minority. Why has the bleeding heart brigade forsaken me?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 25th, 2017 at 11:47:49 AM permalink
Dalex64
The details are still a little vague, but this is what I have found so far on the scope of the investigation:

Quote:
The investigation, he said, will look at those registered to vote in more than one state, "those who are illegal and ... even, those registered to vote who are dead (and many for a long time)."

Depending on results, Trump tweeted, "we will strengthen up voting procedures!"

From the same article, Trump's attorneys said

Quote:
"On what basis does Stein seek to disenfranchise Michigan citizens? None really, save for speculation," the attorneys wrote. "All available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake."

That is from when they were trying to stop the recounts.

source: http://www.mlive.com/news/us-world/index.ssf/2017/01/trump_announces_major_voter_fr.html
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 25th, 2017 at 12:09:39 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
$105 just to apply, with no guarantee (in fact, a warning) that said right may not be bestowed unto you. Granted, this is NY. But the very best gun laws are exactly as nationwide voting is now.

NY is an anti-gun blue state. I know of no anti-vote states of any color, though it's arguable whether some are anti-minority-vote.

Well, almost. You still need a .gov issued photo ID. And those very best laws exist in like 2 states, each of which have no people.

Quote:
I never bring it up, but I do find it fascinating that those most adamant about the 24th have a complete disconnect using the same logic considering the 2nd.

Well, of the people using their 2nd amendment right to get a gun for protection, the vast majority will never use it for its intended purpose. Of the people who register to vote, a vast plurality of them will use it at least once.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 25th, 2017 at 1:05:14 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The peaceful transfer of power is amazing.

One moment Barack Obama was the leader of the Free World, and the next it was Angela Merkel.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 25th, 2017 at 1:28:22 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288

Tiffany Trump, the less hot Trump daughter, is registered in two states.

LOCK HER UP!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 25th, 2017 at 2:18:26 PM permalink
Dalex64
Private email servers are bad, right?

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-emails-rnc-reince-priebus-white-house-server-548191
January 25th, 2017 at 3:08:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64

No, but using one for government or employer work is. In fact your link states that it is OK to use a private server for private work.

Unlike Hillary, these folks seem intelligent enough to use more than one email.

Nice try.
The President is a fink.