Al Gore Net Worth

Page 2 of 3<123>
May 16th, 2017 at 12:12:55 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
Prince Dumbo may not ever have held a post, but he's also well-trained in politics (If he wants to do something good, for a change, he ought to abdicate in favor of his son before he takes the throne after his mother passes away).

With his father retiring at the age of 96, and his mother at age 91, and Prince Charles at age 68, Brits are preparing for the reign of Charles III.

The prince is free to rule to take a different regal name other than his first name. His full name is "Charles Philip Arthur George" and his grandfather ruled as George VI even though his given name was "Albert Frederick Arthur George".

But after so many years as Prince Charles it would be tough to call him King George VII.
May 16th, 2017 at 12:49:57 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
But after so many years as Prince Charles it would be tough to call him King George VII.

I guess Dumbo I is too undignified for a man who wishes he could be a tampon.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 16th, 2017 at 1:30:42 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I think people are falsely attributing wealth as the reason liberals "hate" the rich so much.

It's not the destination, it's the journey - what they did to get there, and what they do to stay there.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 16th, 2017 at 3:59:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
I think people are falsely attributing wealth as the reason liberals "hate" the rich so much.

It's not the destination, it's the journey - what they did to get there, and what they do to stay there.

"What they did to get there?" Usually it is hard work and running a good business. Which drives the liberals crazy. It is as if there is something wrong with making a profit.

I will agree that liberals more hate the journey as you put it. But liberals seem to more love the idle rich, movie stars, and the Obamas/Clintons/Gores of the world who make money on celebrity. But the Waltons/Krocs/Gates who do it running a business are hated.
The President is a fink.
May 16th, 2017 at 4:17:09 PM permalink
Nareed

With liberals in particular, IMO, it's what they say when they're rich that bothers them.

But the same issue applies to conservatives, interestingly enough.

If Tycoon A says "The rich should pay more taxes," they become a liberal hero and a conservative villain, even if they cheat the IRS so much they get rebates. Now, if Nabob B says "0.01% is a crushing tax rate for the rich," they become a conservative hero and a liberal villain, even if they take no deductions at all.

Me, I do care a bit how they got their money and what they do with it. In short, do they invest, innovate or fleece? But it's not that simple. Jobs innovated and fleeced at the same time (thank Jove for Android!)
May 16th, 2017 at 4:36:17 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
No, working hard and turning a profit isn't the source of their anger either.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 16th, 2017 at 5:26:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
No, working hard and turning a profit isn't the source of their anger either.

It seems to be as the word "profit" almost makes them break out in hives. Just the mention of the dollar value is all it takes, ROI rates meaningless. Just someone "getting" more than they get.
The President is a fink.
May 17th, 2017 at 7:33:14 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Pacomartin
Al Gore started a TV network ("current TV") in 2004, but selling it to the Qatar government so they could rebrand as "Al Jazeera America" gave them access to about 43 million U.S. homes. Gore was to make an estimated $100 million on the sale of the network.
Were there other bidders? Did they bid anywhere near as much?

But of course Al Gore's major asset is that he owns the internet. Or did he just invent it?
May 17th, 2017 at 7:58:30 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
How much did Al Gore make when he sold the internet?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 17th, 2017 at 8:03:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: DRich
How much did Al Gore make when he sold the internet?

Probably less than the five shares of some satellite company Clarke made from inventing the communications satellite :)

BTW, I invented online shopping. It was in the early 90s. I thought, then, you could place an order from a catalog to a website rather than by the postal system, eliminating anywhere from a few days to a few weeks from the ordering process. I even told a friend about it. He said it would never work :)
Page 2 of 3<123>