Long term miracle cures test

Page 7 of 7« First<4567
May 24th, 2017 at 10:25:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: FrGamble
What about life and conciousness? These things we also can't explain on a purely natural level.

Well it was only around 2014 they finally put together all the pieces of the Gecko ability to speed along walls and ceilings.

It's just more, " until you answer every mystery, we can claim supernatural possibilities."

Which of the many processes or events discovered over the last 1000 years turned out to be a supernatural answer? On and on and on we don't discover any supernatural causes, just new understandings of how things work.

The overwhelming evidence that more and more natural world events never had any supernatural causes should make people who keep holding that position ashamed of wasting their brain.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 25th, 2017 at 12:46:44 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

Which of the many processes or events discovered over the last 1000 years turned out to be a supernatural answer? .

None yet, but hope springs eternal. The supernatural
is the next to last correct answer on any list of
possible answers, when every other explanation has
been exhausted. So far we haven't got that far down the
list with any question. The last answer on the list
is god, of course.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 25th, 2017 at 3:19:08 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Dunno which God thread to toss this in, so I'll just use this one cause of the "Long Term" bit in the title. FrG... though not directed to me, I did take your Prayer Dare. Though to be honest, I reckon I started before you challenged EB with it.

I tried to do it "right", so I've been reflecting on your writings and our talks. It seemed to me that in order to give it an honest shot, I had to do it honestly. So no wishing for a million bucks, or idly casting a whim into the air. I tried to do it with the force of spirit, or heart, or however you'd like to describe it. I tried to mean it, ya dig? It's been sort of interesting.

I only "talked" to Jesus, as I find the concept of a spiritual force called God harder to wrap my head around and take seriously. Since my interpretation of things tells me God and Jesus are one in the same, any fears of doing it wrong went out the window. And I reminded Him that what I was doing was the only time I was really talking to Him and to ignore the myriad other ways I would refer to Him, as I was just an angry man and that was how I coped =p Anyway...

It went on for a good while. I'd have no qualms telling you I've been actively praying for over a year, and if I'm in error, it's close enough to say it's so. It's been quite a long time, at least in atheist years ;) There was some growing pains; it's not an entirely easy thing to jump into, especially with 36 years, 6 months, and 27 days of bias to overcome. But after awhile, it did become... perhaps not entirely "natural", but certainly easier. And I tried real hard, and I do believe with 100% accuracy achieved, a perfectly righteous praying target. I didn't pray for "things". Not even for this goddamned ER bill to go away, or for my back to stop hurting, stuff like that. I prayed for things I thought were Good but that I actually wanted. Strength was probably the most common. To get through a tough time, to resist a chemical crutch, to find the wisdom and energy to be a good dad. I didn't pray for Him to take my granddad's cancer or to just take him himself, but rather prayed that my ol First Father found a reason to smile that day.

Did it work? Well, I can't honestly say it did. Neither, though, can I honestly say it didn't.

I just kept carrying on. That part was easy. It became much like my daily reflection, except instead of reflecting to figure something out, I reflected to open myself and show another who could possibly help in some way. Instead of talking to myself, I just talked to someone else. Sometimes, admittedly, it was little more than lip service. But often, perhaps even a majority (though slight; it's hard to switch into being religious) I prayed with my heart to the man Jesus.

My life continued its spiral to depths previously unknown during this whole time, something I looked at more as a matter of course than anything to do with this foray into the spirit world. So, being the curious lil scientist I am, decided to get off on the next exit. And sometime in early December, I pledged my life and everything I was to the Morning Star.

This I found much easier. There was (is) no shortage of hate to draw from within this ol boy. And speaking to the spirit world with my heart in the language of hate is about as hard for me as getting wet when I stand in the rain. Take me as your Adlet, take me as your Fenrir, just give me an outlet to become what burns in my heart. All through the rest of December, Xmas, down to BVI and back, just take me, turn me, and set me loose.

Did it work? Well... I do still work for the USPS, so half a point for Lucifer =p

Anyway, it's been weird around here lately. I mean, not only did I chat with some Mormons on purpose, they're scheduled to arrive any minute because I invited them back. Like I said, it's weird around here. But... I can't say this has all been pointless.

Something about this all rings as true. And even still now I find it hard to find the words to accurately express what's in my heart right now, so I'll do the best I can and offer this...

Quote: Sturgill
I've seen Jesus play with flames in a lake of fire that I was standing in
Met the devil in Seattle and spent 9 months inside the lion's den
Met Buddha yet another time and he showed me a glowing light within
But I swear that God is there every time I glare in the eyes of my best friend
Says my son it's all been done and someday your gonna wake up old and gray
So go and try to have some fun showing warmth to everyone
You meet and greet and cheat along the way

There's a gateway in our mind that leads somewhere out there beyond this plane
Where reptile aliens made of light cut you open and pull out all your pain
Tell me how you make illegal something that we all make in our brain
Some say you might go crazy but then again it might make you go sane

Every time I take a look inside that old and fabled book
I'm blinded and reminded of the pain caused by some old man in the sky
Marijuana, LSD, Psilocybin, and DMT
They all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life

So don't waste your mind on nursery rhymes
Or fairy tales of blood and wine
It's turtles all the way down the line
So to each their own til' we go home
To other realms our souls must roam
To and through the myth that we all call space and time

"But I swear that God is there every time I glare in the eyes of my best friend". Why? Because "love's the only thing that ever saved my life".

This is it, dude. This is The Answer. Hack off all the bullshit, f#$% off with all your whimsy, and on and on again what y'all's foundation on which you build is simply Love. This is god. Not a "being", not some anthropomorphic force, not a half man deity with wishes and wants that bestows gifts or takes them away. It's just a Thing, something that WE can create, nourish, engender, talk to, use, enjoy, and gain gift from. It's all YOU.

As an aside, I dig your concept of Hell. I've met the one you call Satan, though He goes by "duloxetene" now. And folks, everything FrG has said about being removed from God's grace, the "lack of love"... it's every bit as bad as he said yet simultaneously infinitely worse. And as an FYI to FrG, your concept of Purgatory therefore is indiscernible from Hell. It's no "waiting room", hoss. It's spiritual torture the likes of which you cannot begin to conceive.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 25th, 2017 at 5:52:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote:
This is god. Not a "being", not some anthropomorphic force, not a half man deity with wishes and wants that bestows gifts or takes them away. It's just a Thing, something that WE can create, nourish, engender, talk to, use, enjoy, and gain gift from. It's all YOU.

Yes, that's what people discover when they
turn inward. There is no god, it's you getting
in touch with your inner self. It's what
meditation is all about. You've been meditating
for a year. Religious people call it praying
because they've been taught to. It's not
their fault, they can't help it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 26th, 2017 at 3:19:17 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
God is love. I 100% agree.

I can't say I completely followed your post however. What is that bit about Lucifer? I'm not sure what you meant, hopefully you were just kidding around, but unfortunately that doesn't also mean he is.

Again, God is love and I believe that God's love for us became incarnate in the person of Jesus and remains with us today through the gift of the Holy Spirit.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 9th, 2017 at 6:37:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Because I happened to think of it today - Hysterical strength remains unproven.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength

It's certainly something that might be documented on video eventually if it's possible, although it would only help the case, if there are other possibilities.
For instance, an object too heavy to lift might be rocked in order to a person to get out. Vehicle often have springs which can be bounced.

A makeshift lever and fulcrum might account for some lifts. Perhaps you can even use your own leg as a lever. Probably injure yourself doing that.

Don't think a planned experiment would be ethical.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2017 at 11:13:14 AM permalink
rxwine
The "miracle" of medical science

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healthtrending/scientists-reverse-brain-damage-in-drowned-us-toddler/ar-AAoqZiA?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

As I have said before, it is possible some unknown force that I see no evidence for, may have given humans to ability to produce amazing discoveries through experiential discovery through the scientific method, but that is the closest relationship one can point to, to the idea of miracles.

And if a god exists, then he made it possible to REALLY discover facts from fiction and not mythical unconfirmed nonsense that much of religion is based on.
Page 7 of 7« First<4567