Movies that should have had sequels

Page 4 of 4<1234
May 29th, 2017 at 1:18:15 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 328
Posts: 11356
Quote: rxwine
I guess it made me think of director sitting there taking orders, how it might start to go bad somehow.


Not unless the characters are creepy children, vampires, or living puppets.


Quote:
Also "Purple Rose of Cairo". Woody Allen.


I've heard of Woody Allen ;)


BTW, how do you feel about movies that are about making a movie? Offhand I can think of Mel Brooks' "Silent Movie," And "Shadow of the Vampire." The latter is about a silent-era making of "Nosferatu," where the actor playing the monster is really a vampire.

Extra point: who is the one and only actor to utter a spoken word in "Silent Movie"?
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
May 29th, 2017 at 1:32:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 119
Posts: 5253
Quote: Nareed
BTW, how do you feel about movies that are about making a movie?


The movie "Day for Night." is all about a movie making as the base for the real story. (day for night is a term used to describe night scenes being made in the day time)

AS for how I feel about them, they still have to be good! I think almost any subject matter is workable in the right hands.


Quote:
Offhand I can think of Mel Brooks' "Silent Movie," And "Shadow of the Vampire." The latter is about a silent-era making of "Nosferatu," where the actor playing the monster is really a vampire.

Extra point: who is the one and only actor to utter a spoken word in "Silent Movie"?


Oh, I knew that one without looking it up. I think. Marcel Marceu, the mime?
No one has ever proven I am not God.
May 29th, 2017 at 1:38:10 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 328
Posts: 11356
Quote: rxwine
Oh, I knew that one without looking it up. I think. Marcel Marceu, the mime?


Yup.

That was the joke in the scene.

What did he say?
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
May 29th, 2017 at 1:41:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 119
Posts: 5253
Quote: Nareed
Yup.

That was the joke in the scene.

What did he say?


That I would have to look up.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
May 29th, 2017 at 1:45:01 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 328
Posts: 11356
Quote: rxwine
That I would have to look up.


Gottcha! :)

He says "Non!"
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
Page 4 of 4<1234