Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

Page 2 of 55<12345>Last »
October 15th, 2017 at 11:24:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 118
Posts: 14654
Two sides to everything. For every woman who
was surprised and horrified at Weinstein, there
were 20 who were not and even encouraged
it. He didn't get that way by forcing women
all along path, many or most did so willingly.
Anything to get ahead. It's very easy to cry
wolf 15 years later, but ambitious women
throughout history have done what they
needed to do to get what they wanted.

Weinstein is obviously a pig, but I've seen
enough women do really unscrupulous
things to know he had plenty of willing
help, there were times he was fighting them
off, a man with his kind of power in show
biz.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 16th, 2017 at 12:05:52 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 54
Posts: 6060
Quote: Evenbob
many or most did so willingly. Anything to get ahead.
But his "casting couch", "funding couch", "distribution couch" resulted in sufficient enemies to bring him down. I just wonder who the "orchestra leader" is who set him up for the fall. Every starlet in Hollywood is tweeting about the evil of men in general and his evilness in particular. Lots are jumping on the bandwagon. Who hired the band wagon to begin with? What treasure horde is hidden in his film company?

Are we in fact heading for 'where there is smoke there is fire' so any woman can become a smoke machine and cash in? Is "Victim" the ultimate staring role now? Will a man who issues a wolf whistle be mobbed by insulted females?
October 16th, 2017 at 12:30:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 130
Posts: 6343
It isn't hard to conduct business in a professional manner. And it isn't hard to create enhanced protection if you need to. Make recordings, keep door open, have other people within earshot. Conduct it in a public place.

If you've been conducting meetings in private hotel rooms with no one around, I don't really feel sorry for either party.
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
October 16th, 2017 at 1:04:02 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 118
Posts: 14654
Quote: Fleastiff
But his "casting couch", "funding couch", "distribution couch" resulted in sufficient enemies to bring him down.


He had too many bad experiences come back to haunt him.
Same thing with Bill Clinton. You carry on for decades
like a cad and it eventually catches up to you. They
get greedy and think they'll get away with it forever.
Bill Cosby is another one.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 16th, 2017 at 1:13:18 AM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 2941
Even back in the early 80's when my kids were young, I was wary, being aware of accusations really disrupting some lives. When I would take my wife out on dates and have a sitter for the kids, I had a rule. I would never be the one to take the sitter home, or be alone with the sitter.

Sometimes your job just puts you in a situation that is uncomfortable for the male as well. Might be a good idea anymore to just record these situations surreptitiously.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
October 16th, 2017 at 1:33:55 AM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 2941
Quote: Fleastiff
Are we in fact heading for 'where there is smoke there is fire' so any woman can become a smoke machine and cash in? Is "Victim" the ultimate staring role now? Will a man who issues a wolf whistle be mobbed by insulted females?
It does not seem like all this is a coincidence?

This article on Yahoo surprised me ;https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-supports-her-family-sex-003000565.html Probable bs, but the story is believable.
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
October 30th, 2017 at 6:10:09 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 54
Posts: 6060
Now it seems Netflix has jumped on the Politically Correct bandwagon and dropped the show House of Cards because it stars Kevin Spacey who it is said recently came out of the closet to deflect the accusations that he had propositioned an actor when that actor was 14.

It must be a powerful backlash if Netflix is running scared.
October 30th, 2017 at 6:40:49 PM permalink
JimRockford
Member since: Sep 18, 2015
Threads: 2
Posts: 378
Quote: Fleastiff
Now it seems Netflix has jumped on the Politically Correct bandwagon and dropped the show House of Cards because it stars Kevin Spacey who it is said recently came out of the closet to deflect the accusations that he had propositioned an actor when that actor was 14.

It must be a powerful backlash if Netflix is running scared.

It may have been an easier call with a show on the decline. They were lucky to get 6 seasons out of it. Seasons 1 and 2 were great. Since then it's been disappointing.
Interesting that his character, Frank Underwood is bi and in the closet.
October 30th, 2017 at 6:42:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 108
Posts: 8105
Quote: Fleastiff
Now it seems Netflix has jumped on the Politically Correct bandwagon and dropped the show House of Cards because it stars Kevin Spacey who it is said recently came out of the closet to deflect the accusations that he had propositioned an actor when that actor was 14.

It must be a powerful backlash if Netflix is running scared.


He came out as gay and said he did this. The line from the gay community to this kind of thing is "that's not gay!" Jerry Sandusky molests males but we get told "he is sick, not gay!"

Spacey just blew that argument to shreds. They have to destroy him now.

And I was sooner or later going to get around to watching HoC. It will likely be back by summer.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
October 30th, 2017 at 6:44:42 PM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 15
Posts: 3012
Quote: Fleastiff
Now it seems Netflix has jumped on the Politically Correct bandwagon and dropped the show House of Cards because it stars Kevin Spacey who it is said recently came out of the closet to deflect the accusations that he had propositioned an actor when that actor was 14.

It must be a powerful backlash if Netflix is running scared.


I had read that they had already decided that season 6 would be its last prior to Spacey's drama last night.
In order to insult me, I must first value your opinion
Page 2 of 55<12345>Last »