Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
I'm sorry I was thinking of more recent things,

Really? Why don't I believe that. You
always conveniently forget or ignore
the huge number of innocent people
your own Church has slaughtered, why
is that. Denial, maybe?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 6th, 2017 at 1:54:28 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Why don't you pick a firm date of what you consider to be 'more recent', and I'll do a little more research when I get around to it.

You might also be a little more specific by what you mean by "mass murder," and whether or not a higher quantity of events with lower death tolls is any less important to you than fewer events with larger tolls, or attempted mass murder where the potential number of victims was very large but fortunately ended up small.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 6th, 2017 at 2:11:01 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
It is not a huge point, more of a thought really. In thinking about these tragic events in our country recently where there is indiscriminate killing of many strangers for no apparently reason one of the common threads is either a lack of any faith in God or a radicalized Islamic faith. Just wrestling with the senseless bloodlust of people and grasping at trying to find a solution.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 6th, 2017 at 2:26:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Here in Michigan, a Home Depot got robbed. As the (unarmed) thieves were running into the parking lot to flee, a woman with a concealed carry permit opened fire on them.

She was sentenced to 18 months of probation and lost her CCP.

This still makes me laugh:

Woman who shot at shoplifters vows to 'never help anybody again' after conviction

I wish I was on the jury. She would have walked.

Never underestimate how many CCP holders are around. Robbery near my house years ago. Two goons used BB guns drilled out to hold up a grocery store. Woman had a CCP saw it happening but a store employee kept her from doing anything. Her husband was iirc a current or ex cop and sensed something was wrong. Shot one between the eyes as he was escaping. That is gun control!
The President is a fink.
November 6th, 2017 at 2:27:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
It is not a huge point, more of a thought really. In thinking about these tragic events in our country recently where there is indiscriminate killing of many strangers for no apparently reason one of the common threads is either a lack of any faith in God or a radicalized Islamic faith.

The only reason your Church doesn't
practice it anymore is times changed.
There is no doubt in my mind the
Vatican would still be slaughtering
Jews and pagans if they could get
away with it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 6th, 2017 at 2:44:10 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Don't proselytize this tragedy.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 6th, 2017 at 3:20:23 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Nareed
Don't proselytize this tragedy.

You know I am tired of hearing people say "don't politicize this tragedy" and other stuff like that. It seems like a scapegoat to do nothing. If politics can find a solution to this problem than i politicize this as much as you can! Do something, anything that will help us understand and stop this type of tragedy from happening.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 6th, 2017 at 3:26:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Do something, anything that will help us understand and stop this type of tragedy from happening.

Oh, you want to change human nature. It
can't be guns you're talking about, killing
of innocents by mass murder predates
guns by thousands of years.
November 6th, 2017 at 3:28:25 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
If you make it easier to kill lots of people at once, then it will happen more. If you make it harder, it will happen less. Take your pick.
November 6th, 2017 at 3:34:30 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
You know I am tired of hearing people say "don't politicize this tragedy" and other stuff like that.

I agree. But read again. I did not say "politicize."

Quote:
It seems like a scapegoat to do nothing. If politics can find a solution to this problem than i politicize this as much as you can! Do something, anything that will help us understand and stop this type of tragedy from happening.

I do agree with this. if debate about the issue is not "in good taste" in the aftermath of the event, then it will never happen. I mean, there's barely time to grieve before the next mass shooting happens and the cycle begins again.

If upholding the 2nd amendment means accepting mass shootings from time to time, then what hell kind of people live in America?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 3 of 4<1234>