1 vote (16.66%)
2 votes (33.33%)

6 members have voted

December 12th, 2017 at 8:19:35 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: OnceDear
Hmmmmm Can't see how you eliminated Plum, which I held and showed noone? Peacock was favourite though. Indeed, I can't see how you eliminated Green or Rope, either. I wonder if you'd assumed that I would use default or fixed card order, which I didn't? If so, you arrived at the right conclusion from the wrong assumptions.

Just curious. You don't have to reveal your tricks of the trade.

That's okay. I couldn't rule out Green or Plum either but as Peacock I being batted around a lot I figured it was probably her.

Miplet showed me the rope.

No comment on how I ordered my hand.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 12th, 2017 at 8:34:15 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Wizard
That's okay. I couldn't rule out Green or Plum either but as Peacock I being batted around a lot I figured it was probably her.

Miplet showed me the rope.

No comment on how I ordered my hand.
Cheers for that. I do keep making errors in my comprehensive 'detective sheet' notes. I'm on about the 4th major redesign and it's still a chore..
It's a pity there isn't some sort of note taking sheet where you could spread out data so that we could view and base decisions on. We could maybe invent it and call it a 'spread sheet' or 'data base'.
$:o)
December 12th, 2017 at 8:53:28 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Cheers for that. I do keep making errors in my comprehensive 'detective sheet' notes. I'm on about the 4th major redesign and it's still a chore..
It's a pity there isn't some sort of note taking sheet where you could spread out data so that we could view and base decisions on. We could maybe invent it and call it a 'spread sheet' or 'data base'.
$:o)
I just use a simple design for my spreadsheet. I think you put too much work in yours which is error prone.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
December 12th, 2017 at 9:03:21 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: miplet
I just use a simple design for my spreadsheet. I think you put too much work in yours which is error prone.
You are quite right. Each iteration, has got simpler as I've understood more of the foibles of the game. The biggest sef imposed headache was logging the point of view of other players so that I could assess whether they were likely to guess and what their playing style is. I do tend to overthink things.
New design will be much less effort to use.
December 12th, 2017 at 5:49:35 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Hmmmmm Can't see how you eliminated Plum, which I held and showed noone? Peacock was favourite though. Indeed, I can't see how you eliminated Green or Rope, either. I wonder if you'd assumed that I would use default or fixed card order, which I didn't? If so, you arrived at the right conclusion from the wrong assumptions.

Just curious. You don't have to reveal your tricks of the trade.

You didn't ask me, but from my perspective, Peacock was a sure thing. Had to do with where I was in the rotation and what I saw, inferences from what got held and guessed.

The rooms were an open question. Weapon was also a sure thing. All from my position. YMMV.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
Page 9 of 9« First<6789