January 11th, 2018 at 1:13:16 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Peacock (mip)
Steps in the corridor to think.
Takes his 1 in 5 guess
Accuses Professor Plum with Wrench in Billiard Room
Winner!
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 11th, 2018 at 1:19:07 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: miplet
Peacock (mip)
Takes his 1 in 5 guess
Winner!
We can't beat luck like that. Oh hum, well done.
My guess would have been wrong anyway, Had I ever got to make one.
January 11th, 2018 at 2:06:44 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: miplet
Peacock (mip)
Takes his 1 in 5 guess
Winner!

That's where I was, 1 in 5. I figured as the murderer, I was going to get dragged all over the place, so was no point in stepping out to the hall.

And then everyone else except Mike stepped out into the hall.

Sigh. So much for that strategy.

Congrats, miplet. If left to it I was going to guess the Hall and be wrong anyway. Lol.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 11th, 2018 at 2:32:08 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Those successful one in five guesses are, well, quite awesome to behold. Congratulations Miplet.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 11th, 2018 at 4:53:15 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Mrs. White being all aflutter was something. I guess I can't call foul, since Michael did indeed take a stab at an accusation like he threatened. Goading someone else to start first, desirable, is within allowable gamesmanship , no question.

I think I would prefer that it be a surprise when someone accuses. I hate sitting there knowing it is imminent, I prefer thinking 'just maybe' I can get one more turn when the choice is taking a one in five chance.
January 11th, 2018 at 5:11:32 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: odiousgambit
Mrs. White being all aflutter was something. I guess I can't call foul, since Michael did indeed take a stab at an accusation like he threatened. Goading someone else to start first, desirable, is within allowable gamesmanship , no question.

I think I would prefer that it be a surprise when someone accuses. I hate sitting there knowing it is imminent, I prefer thinking 'just maybe' I can get one more turn when the choice is taking a one in five chance.

I don't know if Wizard was employing gamesmanship, hoping to have me or ODG trip the accusation tripwire that would have seen a cascade of accusations and ultimately, possibly improving his own odds. It might have been genuine observation, or it might have been goading. We are all big boys and girls, so such mischief can add to the fun. I could well foresee that there were opportunities coming up for far more mischievous comedy gold, such as the mischievous summons, which BBB seemed to expect to pull her character around.
Bring it on I say.
Games can fall into a rut where we are faced with 'shit or bust' risks to take, or plodding around the corridor trying to trip eachother up. Just part of the variety of the game. They cannot all see us equally pitched with subtle machinations to deal with. But when it happens, it's worth the wait.
Life's only a game. Chill folks.
While I try to take money off some of you :)
January 11th, 2018 at 6:51:22 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I don't think I should have to apologize for my remarks. The games are starting to get a little stale so made a bit of table talk to spice things up. As long as a statement is made to the whole group, it seems all fair to me.

In retrospect, I suppose BBB had a 20% chance either way, depending on what room cards she had. When it was my turn, OD and odg were already in position to ask from a virgin room before my next turn, essentially giving them two accusations, I knew I had to take a 1 in 5 shot. Actually, one of them would have had only 1 in 5, as I had the Hall. I figured odg may have had the Dining Room because he chose to not go that direction on the board.

So, yeah, I don't begrudge BBB's or OD's decision to not accuse. I will say that I'd rather lose by making an incorrect accusation than never making one at all. Just me.

If the group feels there should be a rule against table talk, I'll respect it, but if it's under discussion, I vote against it.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 11th, 2018 at 7:19:15 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I concede it is all fair. It would even be fair to hint you will accuse and then not accuse. No need to apologize, but maybe I did want to get it off my chest. With 5 players, not accusing means allowing 4 people to go through the process before you - doom. On the other hand, if a player is prodded into accusing early, it just helps the 4 others. Tough position.
Page 5 of 6« First<23456>