I Love Youtube

January 11th, 2022 at 11:03:33 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Hmmm...

"Waconia" has a car show.

A similar sounding town far away, "Laconia" has a motorcycle extravaganza, sort of a "Sturgis lite."

see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0gUW0yy5FQ
January 16th, 2022 at 5:11:28 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
I can’t stop watching this family make candy. There is something so satisfying about it, and they have the most casual and natural conversations.

https://youtu.be/0DR3s3E1VwM

January 19th, 2022 at 1:28:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
In 1950 Lucille Ball hada hit radio show called My Favorite Husband.
CBS approached her to do a TV show called I Love Lucy and she said she
would only do it if her husband Desi Arnaz would play husband on the show.
CBS was hesitant because Desi Arnaz was Cuban and this represented an .
interracial family, Latino and Caucasian. But they wanted Lucy so badly
they agreed and they never got any blowback on Desi Arnaz being Cuban.
The audience totally accepted it.

Somebody has taken episodes of the radio show and animated some of them.
It's interesting how much I Love Lucy was like the radio show. This is why I love
YouTube, I only recently heard about this radio show and one click away I
can listen to most of the episodes and even watch it in animation. Incredible.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 19th, 2022 at 8:46:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 21st, 2022 at 12:09:30 AM permalink
Evenbob
One of the World Travelers that I follow on YouTube it is Harald Baldr. He's a Norwegian guy who has been doing this for three or four years and I really like him. He was in Peru last year insome Backwater town in a shop buying liquor. The owner whips out his phone and shows Harold did he too has a YouTube channel. He was in Africa last summer living with a group of natives in mud huts who herded cattle for a living and wash their clothes in the river. No electricity, no indoor plumbing, but they had cell phones and they watched YouTube. They had some off-the-wall way of charging their phones with a motorcycle battery. YouTube is changing the world right in front of us. For the first time in our long history on this planet everybody can see how everybody else lives in real time. Who knows what kind of impact this is going to have, but it has to be a positive one. It shows that we have far more in common then we do differences. Those of us here belong to the past, we all remember when none of this was possible. We are the late 19th century just before everything inventive exploded and things were never the same again. I saw on YouTube a woman who is 100 years old in 1935 born in 1835. She talked about how life totally changed from when she was a girl. Changed in every way possible. We are from her generation where everything is going to be different going forward.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 2nd, 2022 at 8:17:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Just because you watched Richard Petty doesn't make you Richard Petty

The President is a fink.
February 2nd, 2022 at 12:40:43 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
EB, you enjoy watching world traveler videos, as do I.

Have you watched the "Bald and Bankrupt" Englishman as he travels throughout the former USSR and environs?

Great stuff!

see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG4aYsvgchA&t=60s
February 2nd, 2022 at 8:29:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Just start shooting.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 3rd, 2022 at 11:17:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Just start shooting.

That looks like a 9 mm he's shooting. I have two 9 mm guns and they are very loud. I can't imagine what it must have sounded like in that confined space in that car. He would be deaf for 2 days. What a moron.
February 9th, 2022 at 7:57:31 PM permalink
rxwine