8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

February 27th, 2020 at 1:08:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Really, I thought conservatives move out of those areas as fast as their little legs can carry them. They don’t normally hang around to deal with the worst problems or do anything.

You would be incorrect. Very often they cannot afford to leave. Liberals are the ones living in the gated areas. In the “good” parts of the cities. They do not have to deal with it. They sometimes think it gives “character” to have graffiti all over. Just not where they live.
The President is a fink.
February 27th, 2020 at 3:53:29 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
So is it the third largest in KS or largest in MO? Make up your minds!

Kansas City, Missouri, a city in Jackson County, Missouri (2010 population 491,918) is the largest city in the State of Missouri.
Kansas City, Kansas, a city in Johnson County, Kansas (2010 population 145,786) is the third-largest city in the State of Kansas.

The two cities are right next to each other on opposite sides of the Kansas river.

Kansas and Arkansas stem from the same basic root, kká:ze: the Siouan native root for the Kansa tribe, often thought to mean "people of the south wind."
February 27th, 2020 at 4:58:31 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I had a college classmate from Little Rock. He hated the way some people mispronounced some states. His favorite example?

Kansas. He said the proper pronunciation should be kin-saw
February 27th, 2020 at 5:44:57 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: SOOPOO
I had a college classmate from Little Rock. He hated the way some people mispronounced some states. His favorite example? Kansas. He said the proper pronunciation should be kin-saw

I don't think that is true. You are supposed to pronounce the first 's' like a 'z', but you are not supposed to pronounce the second 's' like 'w'.

Phonetically it is kˈanzəs where the first vowel 'a' is similar to the French 'la' (low central unrounded vowel) and second vowel 'a' is similar to the a in sofa (lax mid central vowel unstressed in English).

February 27th, 2020 at 6:07:42 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Koala imitating which Democratic politician?

It seems as if Koala's only eat Eucalyptus leaves which doesn't give them much energy to do things like run or fight.
February 27th, 2020 at 6:44:14 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Pacomartin
I don't think that is true. You are supposed to pronounce the first 's' like a 'z', but you are not supposed to pronounce the second 's' like 'w'.

Phonetically it is kˈanzəs where the first vowel 'a' is similar to the French 'la' (low central unrounded vowel) and second vowel 'a' is similar to the a in sofa (lax mid central vowel unstressed in English).

It was a joke of course. He was from Arkansas. How do you pronounce the 'kansas' part of Arkansas? He wanted Kansas pronounced that way too.
February 27th, 2020 at 6:58:54 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Whatever happened to Beeto? Is he unemployed?
Corey and Kamala at least still have jobs as Senators.
I think Booker's ex-GF has come out as gay. Not a strong endorsement for him.
Is Tulsi still a candidate? Why?
Please tell me that Williamson chick has dropped out?
What is Steyer's motive for wasting more money now?
Who is angrier, Sanders or Warren?
Lets say Bloomberg spends a billion in the primary season, and picks up a million votes. Thats $1,000 per vote! ( I have no real idea how many votes he'll get, but I enjoyed writing that!)
Biden has looked better recently What a low bar he has to get over......
I still like Klobuchar.
Mayor Pete was lucky the first two states had very few Blacks. He could easily be a Vice President selection.

Apparently Weld has a single Republican delegate.

Musings over....
February 27th, 2020 at 7:09:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
Whatever happened to Beeto? Is he unemployed?

His father-in-law is a billionaire so
Beato is probably doing just fine.

Quote:
Mayor Pete was lucky the first two states had very few Blacks. He could easily be a Vice President selection.

If you want to make sure you lose,
make ButtC your VP. He's a useless
bobblehead.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 28th, 2020 at 3:58:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin
Kansas City, Missouri, a city in Jackson County, Missouri (2010 population 491,918) is the largest city in the State of Missouri.
Kansas City, Kansas, a city in Johnson County, Kansas (2010 population 145,786) is the third-largest city in the State of Kansas.

The two cities are right next to each other on opposite sides of the Kansas river.

Kansas and Arkansas stem from the same basic root, kká:ze: the Siouan native root for the Kansa tribe, often thought to mean "people of the south wind."

STRIKE. The fastball went right by ya.......
The President is a fink.
February 28th, 2020 at 4:49:17 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
'The Democrats along with the media laughed and were a bit giddy when Trump cabinets officials along with Republicans Senators and Congressman were confronted by angry liberals in public and/or private places (like their homes).

Well those angry liberals have now turned their attention to the Democrat establishment. I don’t think the media will be laughing a lot now."

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/michael-berry/content/2020-02-28-bernie-supporters-show-up-with-bullhorns-to-homes-of-state-dnc-officials/?fbclid=IwAR1u-2bKBQRsJdosSmMu5rDqx6Zeet-pSbhsWG2_Tv7Hz_Z5Y4LIOrIZgHM

It is time to stop inappropriate harassment of people at their homes or when they are out on the town. Having rights also means having responsibilities; we often forget that. There are plenty of places to protest that aren't in neighborhoods or businesses. This hating everyone who does not see it your way is stupid. Doing it because someone else did is even worse.