8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

March 5th, 2020 at 1:23:30 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
My only complaint about the kneelers is, they were doing it on company time. They've also got the entire off season to kneel and protest. Where are they now, out spending their giant NFL paychecks, or protesting against discrimination?

A company's time or your company's time. If its your company, do what you want. If its another company and they allow it, oh well. Companies also have freedom. I surf the internet and post here on company time. Have a problem with that?
Colin is spending his giant Nike check and not risking brain injury
I feel sorry for NFL players inflicting brain damage on each other
A brain is a terrible thing to waste
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 5th, 2020 at 1:26:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Tripdufan
I stumbled upon this talk a few days ago. Highly recommended. I doubt most will be bothered to sit through an hour and a half talk, but put it on while you're cooking dinner or something.

He is a commentator often on alternative investment and news programs, like Boom Bust blog and RT news.

This is his blogsite; https://wolfstreet.com/2019/10/20/the-wolf-street-report-heres-what-im-worried-about-with-the-everything-bubble/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 5th, 2020 at 1:35:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
A company's time or your company's time. If its your company, do what you want. If its another company and they allow it, oh well. Companies also have freedom.
Colin is spending his giant Nike check and not risking brain injury
I feel sorry for NFL players inflicting brain damage on each other
A brain is a terrible thing to waste
Does Colin kneel at Nike, or only during NGL games?

As a pro labor union member here, I resent him making organized labor look bad.

And being a union supporter, it is only honest that I also occasionally post articles where unions do crapola, which of course they do at times.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/one-most-powerful-labor-leaders-us-has-been-charged-conspiring-steal-union-money

You may not want to click on the link, as is your right.
March 5th, 2020 at 2:32:32 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
He is a commentator often on alternative investment and news programs, like Boom Bust blog and RT news.

This is his blogsite; https://wolfstreet.com/2019/10/20/the-wolf-street-report-heres-what-im-worried-about-with-the-everything-bubble/

Ummm, no. Definitely not the same guy.
March 5th, 2020 at 2:52:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
Ummm, no. Definitely not the same guy.
My mistake about the blog. He is the guy on RT. https://www.rdwolff.com/ As far as I can tell?
March 6th, 2020 at 4:38:25 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I stumbled upon this talk a few days ago. Highly recommended. I doubt most will be bothered to sit through an hour and a half talk, but put it on while you're cooking dinner or something.

This country needs Bernie Sanders. Now. Yesterday. Last year. Ten years ago. 20 years ago. 30 years ago. Hurry. Before it's too late. AGAIN.

Well, watching that was waste of time. What the country doesn't need is Bernie. We may need to change some things, but we don't need a radical leftist like him. He has had seven pieces of legislation that he was the primary sponsor of get enacted since he came to the Senate in 2007:

S. 885 (113th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 35 Park Street in Danville, Vermont, as the “Thaddeus Stevens Post Office”.
S. 2782 (113th): A bill to amend title 36, United States Code, to improve the Federal charter for the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, and for other ...
S. 893 (113th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2013
H.R. 5245 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1 Marble Street in Fair Haven, Vermont, as the “Matthew Lyon Post Office Building”.
H.J.Res. 129 (104th): Granting the consent of Congress to the Vermont-New Hampshire Interstate Public Water Supply Compact.
H.R. 1353 (102nd): Entitled the “Taconic Mountains Protection Act of 1991”.
H.J.Res. 132 (102nd): To designate March 4, 1991, as “Vermont Bicentennial Day”.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/bernard_sanders/400357

By comparison, Amy Klobuchar has had 34 in the same time frame and many look like they have much more substance than anything Bernie has done,
March 6th, 2020 at 4:45:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
MATH GONE WRONG

I saw this meme and I thought it was some made up thing. Looks like they really said it.
The President is a fink.
March 6th, 2020 at 5:19:41 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Before it's too late. AGAIN.

Re: Richard Wolff

This was after 2016 the election. Sounds like the Marxian economist for the easily owned, got Trump’s message.

Corporations: “We don’t need the American working class, who we overpay, and we’re out of here.” “We’re leaving.”

“Capitalism over the last forty years has abandoned the countries where it was born and reached its maturity.”

“Where did it go? “China”

“Our capitalism is declining.”

This is a real economist:

March 6th, 2020 at 5:24:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

This country needs Bernie Sanders. Now. Yesterday. Last year. Ten years ago. 20 years ago. 30 years ago. Hurry. Before it's too late. AGAIN.

If you liked Venezuela you’ll love Bernie Sanders!
The President is a fink.
March 6th, 2020 at 5:41:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Does Colin kneel at Nike, or only during NGL games?

If they played the anthem, I'm sure he would
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"