American voters are vehemently
against it, as any sane person
would be. Notice Biden is hiding
in his basement, he can't comment.
No matter which side he takes he
screws himself. It's wonderful how
out of of touch the Leftie base is
with reality..

The Far Left is not the, “Base,” just the loudest.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 9th, 2020 at 5:43:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I think the funny thing about the backlash on Biden’s comment is that most Republicans would agree, or perhaps stipulate a greater percentage, they only act up in arms about it because Biden said it.

Not so much "because Biden said it" but because when Romney mentioned "the 47%" the lamestream media went wall to wall as if it was the end of the world. When Biden makes a comment, crickets.
The President is a fink.
June 9th, 2020 at 5:57:15 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Not so much "because Biden said it" but because when Romney mentioned "the 47%" the lamestream media went wall to wall as if it was the end of the world. When Biden makes a comment, crickets.

Can I ask you for a personal favor that is to never use, "Lamestream Media," again? I know Trump likes to say it, but it's not even remotely funny. Woo, I'm Donald Trump and I changed one word to another word that kind of sounds the same. Stable genius. MAGA. Rah rah.

Anyway, the Romney comment highlighted a much larger percentage and I agree with you that the mainstream media blew it way out of proportion. Of course, it was also obviously something that he would not have said if he knew there was a hot mic or camera around, so there you go.

What he said was also factually wrong. If you get into other taxes such as property taxes, state income tax, sales taxes...etc...I imagine many more than 53% of people pay more into the system than they take out, on direct. It's not like Federal Income Tax is the only tax that exists.

But, yeah, it was overblown. It was also a boring election cycle that had little in the way of partisan animosity that people seem to enjoy so much today. I think Obamacare was basically the biggest issue between the two, and on over half of the issues, I'd say Obama/Romney is six of one, half dozen of the other.

I also take Romney's underlying point, which was really that 47% of Americans were absolutely not going to vote for him regardless of any direct pandering. I think that's definitely a valid underlying point.

---Oh, and I take your point that left-wing major media sources are biased and will not focus on Biden's mistakes. They own the networks, they can do whatever they want.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 9th, 2020 at 8:40:02 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I think the funny thing about the backlash on Biden’s comment is that most Republicans would agree, or perhaps stipulate a greater percentage, they only act up in arms about it because Biden said it.

Well...isn't that weird. People who were for immigration control in the Obama era are suddenly against because Trump is for it.

Instead of pushing for it the way they said that they would, they now suddenly want open borders.

It isn't like this only happens to Biden....
June 9th, 2020 at 8:56:28 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: RonC
Well...isn't that weird. People who were for immigration control in the Obama era are suddenly against because Trump is for it.

Instead of pushing for it the way they said that they would, they now suddenly want open borders.

It isn't like this only happens to Biden....

I don't recall saying it does. The only thing truly bipartisan in this country is hypocrisy.
June 9th, 2020 at 9:05:25 AM permalink
RonC
I don't recall saying it does. The only thing truly bipartisan in this country is hypocrisy.

I agree. I didn't say you said anything.

This is the reason that time and again people ask someone about something "Trump said" and they say how horrid it is...only to find out someone else said it.

People have real problems thinking for themselves. This is why an idiotic idea like de-funding the police gains traction...people fail to think about how it isn't such a good idea. changing the police, improving the police, etc. are all good ideas.
June 9th, 2020 at 9:13:32 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: RonC
I agree. I didn't say you said anything.

This is the reason that time and again people ask someone about something "Trump said" and they say how horrid it is...only to find out someone else said it.

People have real problems thinking for themselves. This is why an idiotic idea like de-funding the police gains traction...people fail to think about how it isn't such a good idea. changing the police, improving the police, etc. are all good ideas.

I think the greatest irony is that we are sitting here, communicating with one another using a tool that has the capacity to make us boundlessly smarter...and yet, people seem to be getting dumber and more unable to think for themselves. It's almost like people were actually smarter when they didn't have instant access to what their, "Side," thinks. You'd ask them a question about an issue, and rather than parrot the party line, they'd actually take the time to mull it over and come back with a response that actually had some semblance of reason behind it.

It's almost as if we, collectively, have used our instant access to information and worldwide communication as an excuse to become dumber. It makes no sense to me.
June 9th, 2020 at 9:21:38 AM permalink
RonC
I think the greatest irony is that we are sitting here, communicating with one another using a tool that has the capacity to make us boundlessly smarter...and yet, people seem to be getting dumber and more unable to think for themselves. It's almost like people were actually smarter when they didn't have instant access to what their, "Side," thinks. You'd ask them a question about an issue, and rather than parrot the party line, they'd actually take the time to mull it over and come back with a response that actually had some semblance of reason behind it.

It's almost as if we, collectively, have used our instant access to information and worldwide communication as an excuse to become dumber. It makes no sense to me.

I had a long talk with a young man that is very close to us. He is of mixed descent. Like all of us, he is upset about the Floyd incident and police treatment of people of color. He is a college student. While we talked through the issues, I listened and corrected him on history (he had the Civil Rights and Fair Housing Acts confused as to when they were approved) but told him that I WANT him to be an activist...but that the hard work is just starting.

We also talked about voting. Not just voting for who you like, but more for who helps whatever causes you feel are important the most. Not just the D or R...

I think this kind of conversation is harder when you are not present in the moment. We are here behind a mask of sorts and there is a tendency to be "more" of whatever we are... There is no real accountability for most of the online stuff.

The information at our fingertips can help us learn more; the lack of having to look anyone in the eye makes us a bit less human to each other.
June 9th, 2020 at 3:34:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Remember Hillary's impenetrable
'Blue Wall' in 16? And how it crumbled?
Biden doesn't even have a blue fence,
let alone a wall. It will be destroyed
in a gentle wind.. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 9th, 2020 at 3:50:31 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Remember Hillary's impenetrable
'Blue Wall' in 16? And how it crumbled?
Biden doesn't even have a blue fence,
let alone a wall. It will be destroyed
in a gentle wind.. lol

It really is 2012 all over again...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman