2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

May 8th, 2019 at 9:24:32 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Just a snippet. Bolding mine.
Quote:
Reporter: "Mr. President, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?"

Trump: "I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this: You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs -- and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch.

"But there is another side. There was a group on this side. You can call them the left -- you just called them the left -- that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that’s the way it is.

Reporter: (Inaudible) "… both sides, sir. You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are the --"

Trump: "Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. If you look at both sides -- I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either. And if you reported it accurately, you would say."

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Reporter: "George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same."

Trump: "George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?"

from: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

Literally called the neo-Nazis very bad people, before saying there were also very fine people on both sides.

I don't love Trump, but this one statement has gotten out of control on the context-o-meter.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
May 10th, 2019 at 5:42:35 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donald referred to Pete Buttigieg as Alfred E. Newman.

A much better nickname than the lame “buttcrack” stuff EB and his buddy YeahBaby kept trying to make happen.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 10th, 2019 at 6:24:31 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: ams288
Donald referred to Pete Buttigieg as Alfred E. Newman.

A much better nickname than the lame “buttcrack” stuff EB and his buddy YeahBaby kept trying to make happen.

The great one is not at all homophobic. He would never attack someone for their homosexuality.
May 10th, 2019 at 6:57:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
A much better nickname than the lame “buttcrack” stuff EB a

That really triggers you, you mention
it more than I use it. I'm sure Buttcrack
subscribes to several Buttcrack Monthly
Mags, it's the perfect name for him.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 11th, 2019 at 3:55:27 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
That really triggers you,

Nothing you or YeahBaby say could ever trigger me. I don’t have one iota of respect for either of you.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 11th, 2019 at 7:15:22 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Nothing you or YeahBaby say could ever trigger me. I don’t have one iota of respect for either of you.

That comment pretty much mirrors what the problem with society is today. The right doesn't agree with the left but respects their right to believe want they want but don't want those ideas imposed on them.

The lefties have no respect for the right and are sure all their own ideas are absolutely correct and should be imposed on the rest of society. As you just said AMS you have no respect for those that don't agree with you. Sad.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 11th, 2019 at 7:28:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
That comment pretty much mirrors what the problem with society is today. The right doesn't agree with the left but respects their right to believe want they want but don't want those ideas imposed on them.

???????????
Take abortion
I totally get the religious right and how they hate abortion
They want to ban abortion among themselves, I have no problem with that.
But
I am an atheist. Why is the religious right trying to impose their views on me.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 11th, 2019 at 7:36:38 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
???????????
Take abortion.

Arrest by citation instead of handcuffs. She seems to have forgotten about free speech.
May 11th, 2019 at 7:52:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
She needs to be arrested and prosecuted. Extremist fanatics on both sides are violent and need to arrested regardless of the side you are on.
I'm sure I could find a gazillion videos on youtube regarding violence by the anti abortion crowd but whats the point
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 11th, 2019 at 8:04:02 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83