Seinfeld fans

Page 2 of 4<1234>
April 10th, 2013 at 6:00:41 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Pacomartin
This character says a famous line from "Midnight Cowboy" in another language in this film made by a troubled director. What was the film and the line and the language? I liked this film and it's setting in Mexico

Just from the picture, I'm going to guess Apocolypto, or whatever that Mel Gibson movie was called. For the line, the only one I know is, "Hey! I'm walking here."

Has anyone ever said your trivia questions are too hard?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 10th, 2013 at 6:33:42 PM permalink
ewjones
Threads: 6
"Hey, I'm walking here!" is also a line from Forrest Gump, when Forest is pushing Lt. Dan across the street in New York City.

I had never heard of Midnight Cowboy.. But with all the Jon Voight talk and even George mentioning Joe Buck, I'm surprised I didn't pick up that it was a Midnight Cowboy reference..
April 10th, 2013 at 7:36:51 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
Just from the picture, I'm going to guess Apocolypto, or whatever that Mel Gibson movie was called. For the line, the only one I know is, "Hey! I'm walking here."

Has anyone ever said your trivia questions are too hard?

Possibly the trivia questions are too hard, but you were smart enough to get the correct answer. I figured the picture would give away the movie since I have never seen another movie where they were dressed that way. That is the most famous line in Midnight Cowboy.

List of all homages in Apocalypto
Midnight Cowboy: As the aggressive Mayan leader marches his fresh captives back to the city, some careless workers fell a tree in his path, nearly crushing him. “I’m walking here!” he yells at them, just like Dustin Hoffman in Midnight Cowboy.

The Fugitive: When Jaguar Paw is hunted to the edge of a waterfall, it looks like he’s done for. Luckily he saw The Fugitive and remembered how Harrison Ford escaped a similar situation.

Braveheart: But Mel rehashes the Braveheart scene where the English invaders slit Mel’s missus throat in front of him, only this time it’s Jaguar Paw’s dad.

Predator: Jaguar Paw must have seen the Arnie flick too. Which is lucky because he remembers to cover himself in mud while being hunted in the jungle.

Planet Of The Apes: Both movies end when the central character discovers something shocking on a beach, something that means they’re going to have to rethink everything.

Return Of The Jedi: The early, peaceful scenes in Jaguar Paw’s Mayan village could easily be replaced with the Ewok village scenes from Jedi, so sweet and innocent are they.
April 12th, 2013 at 4:44:25 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: Face
Also father of Angelina Jolie.

Holy bejeezus. I literally had NO IDEA that was the case.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
April 12th, 2013 at 8:50:47 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: AcesAndEights

Jolie was her middle name. Her parents separated when she was a baby. She had a brief appearance in a film at the age of 6 with her father.

Angelina was not adopted, but she simply dropped her surname entirely when she started her professional career. She was angry at her father for his cheating when he was married to her mother, and did not want to use his name.
April 12th, 2013 at 11:42:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Pacomartin

Predator: Jaguar Paw must have seen the Arnie flick too. Which is lucky because he remembers to cover himself in mud while being hunted in the jungle.

I think Arnold may have gotten the mud thing from a Stallone (first blood series). But I couldn't find a specific cite for it. (It's because I remember somebody saying that around the time of the Predator movie)

EDIT-- took another look

check this out
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 14th, 2015 at 7:21:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Wondering how long it will take Seinfeld to appear as aged as "I love Lucy" episodes. Or some other comedy series.

Maybe it already does if you're 15.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 14th, 2015 at 8:53:20 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: rxwine
Wondering how long it will take Seinfeld to appear as aged as "I love Lucy" episodes. Or some other comedy series.

Sometimes it takes a good sense of financial investment. IN 1962 three classic Sitcoms debuted. Only Lucy had the foresight to realize it would be a good investment to film her show in color two or three years earlier than the other sitcoms.

October 1, 1962 to April 29, 1963, The Lucy Show first 30 episodes filmed in Black and White
September 30, 1963 -March 11, 1968 The Lucy Show 126 episodes filmed in color

October 11, 1962, to April 12, 1966, McHale's Navy 138 episodes filmed in black and white

September 26, 1962 -June 16, 1965, The Beverly Hillbillies first 104 episodes filmed in Black and White
September 15, 1965- March 23, 1971,The Beverly Hillbillies first 170 episodes filmed in Color

Even though McHale's Navy was a better show than "The Lucy Show", I think it probably commands a higher fee since most episodes are in color.

The 1952–1953 season of "I Love Lucy" averaged 67.3 million viewers. The last season of the Big Bang Theory averaged 19.3 million viewers.

Maybe it already does if you're 15.

It's been 17 years and 3 month since the finale aired. So it is very likely that if you are under 30 that you've seen a Seinfeld episode on it's original air date. Isn't that a scary thought?
August 14th, 2015 at 9:44:24 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Wondering how long it will take Seinfeld to appear as aged as "I love Lucy" episodes.

Yesterday, I watched The Wizard of Oz from start to finish. What jumped out at me the most is that even the scenes set in Kansas at the beginning of the movie looked like a far off land, entirely because it was filmed in 1938. It was like peeking in on a totally different universe.

As for Seinfeld, no one in the series has a cell phone. Remember those days?
August 14th, 2015 at 9:46:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AcesAndEights

Seriously? Nareed never heard of Jon Voight
and you don't know who his daughter is?
How do you think she got into showbiz
at such early age. It's only been on the
covers of mags and talked about on TV,
that they are father and daughter, about
a million times.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 2 of 4<1234>