Democratic debates

October 11th, 2019 at 9:41:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Exactly. On the other site some lib claimed every sperm cell was "life" then

So you don't believe there can be live and dead sperm cells?

Quote:
Once sperm is DRY it is dead and cannot travel to fertilize an egg. Sperm can live for 3-5 days if it is in a warm, moist environment such as the vagina or uterus of a woman. Sperm cannot come back to life once it has dried, even if it is re-moistened.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 11th, 2019 at 9:46:58 AM permalink
rxwine
https://www.sciencefocus.com/nature/are-sperm-alive/

Quote:
Since it can have a life of its own outside the body, each sperm is really an independent single-celled organism – like a living amoeba, but differing in locomotion and lifestyle.

From an evolutionary viewpoint, it’s the other cells in a male animal that are pretty much dead: only the sperm can reproduce.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 11th, 2019 at 9:51:25 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
NEW: 2020 general election debates:

9/29 — Notre Dame

10/7 — VP debate at Univ of Utah in SLC

10/15 — University of Michigan.

10/22 — Belmont Univ in Nashville

Hahaha. The 2nd one will be right down the street from me! Ann Arbor is NOT Trump territory.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 11th, 2019 at 10:06:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
So you don't believe there can be live and dead sperm cells?

A statement like that is again what I call "making a jerk out of yourself." A "live" cell is not "life" in the way a fertilized egg is as it will never develop past being a single cell. I know you know this. Anyone who has taken 7th grade biology knows this. I'd say "nice try" but it is really a pathetic try.
The President is a fink.
October 11th, 2019 at 12:57:50 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
A statement like that is again what I call "making a jerk out of yourself." A "live" cell is not "life" in the way a fertilized egg is as it will never develop past being a single cell. I know you know this. Anyone who has taken 7th grade biology knows this. I'd say "nice try" but it is really a pathetic try.

I would disagree. I think even yeast has a life although it may be different than human life.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 11th, 2019 at 1:04:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
I would disagree. I think even yeast has a life although it may be different than human life.

Yeast cells are capable of dividing themselves to reproduce without interaction. Sperm cells are not. That is the difference.
The President is a fink.
October 11th, 2019 at 1:13:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Yeast cells are capable of dividing themselves to reproduce without interaction. Sperm cells are not. That is the difference.

As noted in one of my original response, sperm is the only cell in a man that is able to cause reproduction with the egg. So, it qualifies.

Naturally that is.
October 11th, 2019 at 1:51:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
As noted in one of my original response, sperm is the only cell in a man that is able to cause reproduction with the egg. So, it qualifies.

Naturally that is.

No, it doesn't. Because without the egg, prefertilization, it is nothing. Claiming it is "life" just makes a fool of the person saying that.
The President is a fink.
October 11th, 2019 at 2:25:24 PM permalink
rxwine
But to deny life starts at conception is to deny science.

You're the one setting the goal posts. You can't use a dead sperm cell to start life at conception. You have to bring a live one.
October 11th, 2019 at 2:39:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Cloning technology exists right now. Scientists can make many humans from cells. What about all the potential human lives that get discarded every day ? Anyone upset about those unlived lives? If you are going to get bent out of shape over a fetus, which is nothing but excess tissue, why not unhatched clones?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW