The Gay Thread

Page 2 of 157<12345>Last »
August 14th, 2019 at 2:23:03 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Come on seriously, EB I thought you could just hate on me and the Catholic Church and leave everyone else alone. I guess that might mean more posters here though.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 14th, 2019 at 3:12:40 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
That reminds of something about a stick in another's eye with a log in your own.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 15th, 2019 at 3:48:21 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Here's what I don't get. When people disagree with the Christian lifestyle, it's no big deal. No one cares and everyone goes about their day. However if people disagree with the gay lifestyle, you'll see libs shut their eyes, bare their teeth, shake their fists up & down uncontrollably, and then scream at the top of their lungs "BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT!"

I wish they'd get over it. It's OK to disagree with the gay lifestyle just like it's OK to disagree with the Christian lifestyle.
August 15th, 2019 at 4:34:31 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
A teenage girl when I was in high school said it best. " I'm Straight and it's really none of my business if other girls date each other. If a Lesbian comes up to me and hits on me, then it becomes my business."
August 15th, 2019 at 4:48:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
When people disagree with the Christian lifestyle, it's no big deal.

lol what is the "Christian lifestyle" and who disagrees with it?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 15th, 2019 at 5:15:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Here's what I don't get. When people disagree with the Christian lifestyle, it's no big deal.

Where have you been? Lefties hate people living a Christian lifestyle. Some make fun of it and some join hate groups like "Freedom From Religion." Some are in-between. Look at entertainment. In how many TV shows and movies is a Christian lifestyle celebrated compared to how many times gays are shown in a positive light.

I wish the left would treat Christians half as well as they insist gays should be treated.
The President is a fink.
August 15th, 2019 at 6:25:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Here's what I don't get. When people disagree with the Christian lifestyle, it's no big deal. .

Christian lifestyle?????????
I'm an atheist but I lead a very moral life. Am I living the Christian Lifestyle? lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 15th, 2019 at 8:23:24 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Lefties hate people living a Christian lifestyle.

That's exactly my point. The left hates it when people live a Christian lifestyle (i.e., goes to church every week, abstains from premarital sex, etc.). Not only does the left disagree with and mock this behavior, they go on and on about how Christianity is destructive and harmful. However, if one says that same thing about the gay lifestyle (i.e., higher risk of contracting AIDS, more mental health problems such as depression & suicide), they get shouted down and called a "BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT!"

*Article by gay journalist:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/stonewall-strong/201806/depression-is-killing-gay-men
Quote:
It’s well known to the point of stereotype that gay men experience higher rates of HIV, substance abuse, and suicide. But it’s less known, and hardly talked about, that we also have much higher rates of depression...
August 15th, 2019 at 8:30:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
That's exactly my point. The left hates it when people live a Christian lifestyle (i.e., goes to church every week, abstains from premarital sex, etc.). Not only does the left disagree with and mock this behavior, they go on and on about how Christianity is destructive and harmful. However, if one says that same thing about the gay lifestyle (i.e., higher risk of contracting AIDS, more mental health problems such as depression & suicide), they get shouted down and called a "BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT!"

?????????????
I lean left
I'm ok with Christians
Most of my extended family are Christians and I get along with them all
People I work with are Christians
I have never ever yelled bigot to a Christian

I think Shrek and AZ think alike. They come across an extremist lefty and their false logic leaves them to believe the entire Left is extremist. sad and illogical. Regardless, I don't hate Christians. No matter what AZ says, I don't hate chic-a-fil lol.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 15th, 2019 at 9:13:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
That's exactly my point. The left hates it when people live a Christian lifestyle (i.e., goes to church every week, abstains from premarital sex, etc.).

This is nonsense. The “left” is fine with people living this lifestyle.

What isn’t okay is when people who choose to live the “Christian lifestyle” try to force others to live the exact same way. Feel free to live your life based on a fairy tale, just don’t expect everyone else to want to!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 2 of 157<12345>Last »