The Gay Thread

August 28th, 2020 at 4:59:07 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
You either live a very sheltered life or aren't paying attention. I have met at least 100 people in my life with a very noticeable gay accent and I live in a small Canadian redneck cow town. I know where 3 or 4 work in town and we could visit them if you were here and listen to them talk. Many accented men I met have moved or died and countless others I met while on holidays with my wife. I am not gay or go looking for the gay areas but I have inadvertently been in a gay bar a couple of times.

Are they actually gay or are you assuming they are gay because of how they speak?

Like I said in my post the one person I can remeber turned out to not be gay...
August 28th, 2020 at 5:28:01 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Gandler

It's been nearly three decades, and nobody would do routines like this anymore, but do you remember: "Lyle, the Effeminate Heterosexual" 3/21/92
Lyle, the Effeminate Heterosexual
August 28th, 2020 at 5:38:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You can become one of the greatest Presidents in history with a Texas Drawl.

But not a talking head on
network news. That's a
fact. There are lots that
had to lose the accent
before they even applied
for a job.

My dad is from W VA and
when we visited there
they spoke a foreign
language that I didn't
understand. And after a
day my dad was talking
just like them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 28th, 2020 at 5:52:33 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Anecdotally, I know multiple gay men who you would never guess are gay. Zero “gay” accents or mannerisms.

Yet I have 2 other friends who I would have bet a lot of money were gay as soon as I met them. Both have extremely attractive wives and kids.
August 28th, 2020 at 5:57:43 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Pacomartin
It's been nearly three decades, and nobody would do routines like this anymore, but do you remember: "Lyle, the Effeminate Heterosexual" 3/21/92
Lyle, the Effeminate Heterosexual

I could be wrong, but I don't think he was even born back then.
August 28th, 2020 at 6:52:27 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Are they actually gay or are you assuming they are gay because of how they speak?

Because of how they speak, how they dress and their husbands have told me they are gay. I couldn't give a shit if someone is gay or not or how they speak and I have a few gay friends. I don't think rainbow sidewalks or gay parades are necessary.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 29th, 2020 at 1:35:30 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
As for people changing their voice when talking to people they are sexually interested in (this happens for literally everyone)……
Good point
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 29th, 2020 at 1:48:53 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: petroglyph
As for people changing their voice when talking to people they are sexually interested in (this happens for literally everyone)……

Oh, so this dude changed his voice to sound gay because he's sexually interested in the honey badger??

I swear, some of these libbie explanations are so ridiculous. FOH 😂😂

August 29th, 2020 at 11:05:52 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Shrek
Oh, so this dude changed his voice to sound gay because he's sexually interested in the honey badger??

I swear, some of these libbie explanations are so ridiculous. FOH 😂😂

Are you seriously citing a video that nobody knows who made it, and it was obviously released as a nat-geo paradoy to show an example of a gay accent?

Nobody knows who narrates that, noboy knows if he really talks that way, and if he does, if he is really gay....
August 29th, 2020 at 11:08:48 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: gamerfreak
Anecdotally, I know multiple gay men who you would never guess are gay. Zero “gay” accents or mannerisms.

Yet I have 2 other friends who I would have bet a lot of money were gay as soon as I met them. Both have extremely attractive wives and kids.

Exactly my point, "the gay accent" , in my ancedotal expierence does not correlate with being gay either (the one example I can think of was definitely straight). And, most gay men I know you, would never know they are gay.