Andrew Yang seems pretty awesome

Page 21 of 22« First<1819202122>
May 13th, 2021 at 9:16:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
-- a bunch of people who refuse to get along doesn't seem to be all that unique.

Rank War or conflicts Duration
1 Reconquista 781 years
2 Anglo-French Wars 748 years
3 Byzantine-Bulgarian wars 715 years
4 Roman–Persian Wars 681 years
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 13th, 2021 at 9:29:35 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
Should Jerusalem be the Capital of Israel
I say NO
How about you
I want peace in the region
It aint going to easy
One step towards peace is to not have any religion declare Jerusalem their capital
I'm not anti Jew
I am pro peace
The religious nuts are the problem
If you need to grab a gun to go pray somewhere , too me, thats evil and the devils work. Thats common in Jerusalem
To possibly murder a human being because they are preventing you from praying at a certain spot.
Christians, Jews and Muslims are to blame for this
Its just shocking that a religious person would consider killing another human being.
DISGUSTING

Emphasis mine.

You find it shocking that people obsessed with a book are willing to kill each other over an otherwise useless peice of land because they view their version of the book as more correct?

Religious conflicts are nothing new, in fact they are a tale as old as time....

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion. " - Steven Weinburg. (who also supports Isreal).
May 13th, 2021 at 9:49:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
I say NO
How about you
It aint going to easy
One step towards peace is to not have any religion declare Jerusalem their capital
I'm not anti Jew
I am pro peace
If you need to grab a gun to go pray somewhere , too me, thats evil and the devils work. Thats common in Jerusalem
To possibly murder a human being because they are preventing you from praying at a certain spot.
Its just shocking that a religious person would consider killing another human being.
DISGUSTING

Emphasis mine.

You find it shocking that people obsessed with a book are willing to kill each other over an otherwise useless peice of land because they view their version of the book as more correct?

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion. " - Steven Weinburg. (who also supports Isreal).

Lets get back to Jerusalem
Israel declaring Jerusalem their Capital is a problem
Its wrong. It makes Peace harder
Do you agree or disagree?
I am against anything that makes peace harder
I think its a very logical conclusion that is not anti jew
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 13th, 2021 at 10:30:20 AM permalink
Gandler
I say NO
How about you
It aint going to easy
I'm not anti Jew
I am pro peace
DISGUSTING

Emphasis mine.

Isreal existing makes peace hard for many. They have Jerusalem because when they were invaded by their neighbors in the 40s they took control of it.

I think West Bank settlements by Isrealis make peace harder. I do not thinking basing the government out of Jerusalem does.
May 13th, 2021 at 10:38:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Isreal existing makes peace hard for many. They have Jerusalem because when they were invaded by their neighbors in the 40s they took control of it.

I think West Bank settlements by Isrealis make peace harder. I do not thinking basing the government out of Jerusalem does.

What you do not get is the Palestinians do not want peace. They want Israel destroyed. You cannot make peace with that. Luckily more and more rational people no longer care what the Palestinians want since they will act like animals no matter what you offer them.

Look at what they do. Israel left greenhouses when they pulled out of Gaza. Did the Palestinians use them to grow food for themselves to make life better? Nope, they smashed and destroyed them! Just because of who made them.

No reason any decent person should care about them at this point. Who said "they never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity?
The President is a fink.
May 13th, 2021 at 10:40:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I say NO
How about you
It aint going to easy
I'm not anti Jew
I am pro peace
DISGUSTING

Emphasis mine.

Sure it does
Its obvious to just about every country on the planet.
Shocked you cant see that.
Thats why most wont recognize it as the capital
It makes peace harder
I am dead set against anything that makes peace harder
Peace :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 13th, 2021 at 10:49:24 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I have studied this matter exhaustively and have concluded that they are over there and we are over here.

So, I don't care either way.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 13th, 2021 at 10:57:26 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Mission146
I have studied this matter exhaustively and have concluded that they are over there and we are over here.

So, I don't care either way.

Yes, but it will bleed over into other regions if the conflict gets much more intense (which sadly seems likley).

But, it's unlikely any country will intervene (at least directly) because it would spiral out of control.

Also, its leading to a huge spike in anti-semitism in America. So it does effect people here when the media demonizes one side.
May 13th, 2021 at 11:26:04 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I am dead set against anything that makes peace harder
Peace :-)

Do you understand that defending oneself makes peace less likely?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 13th, 2021 at 11:35:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Yes, but it will bleed over into other regions if the conflict gets much more intense (which sadly seems likley).

But, it's unlikely any country will intervene (at least directly) because it would spiral out of control.

Also, its leading to a huge spike in anti-semitism in America. So it does effect people here when the media demonizes one side.

Perhaps, but then I return to why I'm not sure why we (as a country, on the whole) are spending a lot of time worrying about/reporting on this.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 21 of 22« First<1819202122>