Israel deny entry for American congresswomen

Page 1 of 81234>Last »
August 15th, 2019 at 11:52:16 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Israel on Thursday today that it would deny Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) entry to the country during an upcoming overseas trip, according to multiple reports. The decision was announced moments after President Trump tweeted that it would show "great weakness" for Israel to allow the two congresswomen into the country. . . .
The congresswomen have supported Palestinian rights and backed the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement targeting Israel.

It’s extremely common for House members and staff to travel abroad on private funding. There were almost 500 of these trips in 2012 to nearly 1,000 in 2015. Virtually every office has been involved, with an average of one to two trips per office per year. While travel isn’t limited to one political party, seven of the top ten offices were those of Democrats.

August 15th, 2019 at 12:07:09 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Well, they both support boycotting Israel, so Israel is within its rights to deny entry to somebody who is claiming to want to boycott the country anyway..... The only reason that they would have to go there is self-serving, so boycotts should go both ways...
August 15th, 2019 at 12:22:52 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin
Israel on Thursday today that it would deny Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) entry to the country during an upcoming overseas trip, according to multiple reports. The decision was announced moments after President Trump tweeted that it would show "great weakness" for Israel to allow the two congresswomen into the country. . . .
The congresswomen have supported Palestinian rights and backed the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement targeting Israel.

Terrible decision. A decision based on Muslim hatred

Among Jews, there is a huge segment of the population that is against Israel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Zionism#Jewish_Anti-Zionism
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 15th, 2019 at 12:26:55 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined
Terrible decision. A decision based on Muslim hatred

Among Jews, there is a huge segment of the population that is against Israel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Zionism#Jewish_Anti-Zionism

Not true at all, there are many Muslim Congresspeople that are allowed into Israel. They are banned because they are pushing a boycott, it is that simple.....
(There are also many non-Muslims banned from Israel for similar reasons.....)

If you want to be an Anti-Zionist, don't go to Israel, simple as that. If you enjoy Israel (one of the only fun and free countries in the Middle East where you can express yourself freely) enjoy Israel, but if you want to boycott Israel, don't go.... If I wanted to boycott a country and then got banned from the country, I could careless because I would have no intention of going there...
August 15th, 2019 at 12:34:59 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 15th, 2019 at 12:45:21 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined

Yes, I have seen that episode. They are religious extremists who you probably agree with them on nothing about? But, when they speak against Israel they are legitimate?

They also do not go to Israel, which is wise if you do not like Israel.

Its simple, if you don't like Israel don't go, and don't get upset if they ban you....
August 15th, 2019 at 12:56:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
...Its simple, if you don't like Israel don't go, and don't get upset if they ban you....
But what if you do like the Israel and they ban you? https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/02/world/middleeast/israel-migrants-african.html
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 15th, 2019 at 1:04:09 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: petroglyph

No clue, I don't have a subscription so I am blocked from the article.

But, I would imagine based on the title, it is a typical immigration legal dispute like every country in the world has....

The fact that so many people want to be there, should tell you something about the country.

Also, they have socialized healthcare and an excellent higher education system which probably upsets you even more. When you have a good system, a lot of people want it.
August 15th, 2019 at 1:09:02 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Countries have borders and can ban anyone they want (unless, according to some people, you are the USA)
August 15th, 2019 at 1:10:26 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: aceofspades
Countries have borders and can ban anyone they want (unless, according to some people, you are the USA)

Exactly people put a crazy double standard on Isarel...
Page 1 of 81234>Last »