What I Ate Today

November 7th, 2021 at 4:38:41 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Not bad; me, I'd substitute rutabaga, aka "Swedish turnip" for regular turnip.

Bon appetit.
November 8th, 2021 at 3:58:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Took the Chinese stir fry I made two nights ago and wrapped it in seaweed to make sushi. Made two horseradish and mustard and soy sauce dips.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 9th, 2021 at 4:31:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Hickory smoked greens egg white omelette sandwich with shaved ham red onion and tomato. Warm sandwiches are satisfying.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 10th, 2021 at 12:54:01 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Salmon pate sandwich with tomato red onion and spinach. The pate is made with cream cheese, avocado, lemon juice, horseradish, and dill.

I might be able to eat some of this. I had my throat stretched to 18 cm, whatever that means, I guess it wasn't enough because they called me back for more. But I got to eat the first real food in months and I'd been wondering for days and days what it would be, because there's a window before it starts shrinking again.

So my first actual solid food was roast beef hash fried into a scrambled egg with mash potato pancakes. It was wonderful to eat.

Got to hit the best menu's in town quick and eat something special.

Maybe I will call Dr. Rich's meat store and see if they will send me a fine cut down this way?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 10th, 2021 at 5:52:09 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Went to steakhouse in Lockport, NY…. Danny Sheehan’s. 30 minute drive so it feels far away. It is RIDICULOUSLY inexpensive. They have a special for two…. $81…. Each person gets a great salad, garlic toast, choice of potato, 8 ounce lobster tail, 6 ounce filet mignon. 6 stuffed clam appetizer to share. My wife doesn’t eat seafood, so I get both lobster tails. They were great. Wifey loved her filet. And her au gratin potatoes. I used the extra drawn butter to slather on my garlic toast. The clams were super tasty. Mixed drinks were I think $4. Including tax and tip dinner for 5 was less than $250.

Two nights earlier went to expensive steakhouse in Buffalo, The Chop House. Dinner for two was around $250, and did NOT have lobster tails. Drinks were $16 I think, filet $49, everything else a la carte.

I’ll be having leftover filet and au gratin potatoes for lunch today.
November 10th, 2021 at 6:47:17 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Went to steakhouse in Lockport, NY…. Danny Sheehan’s. 30 minute drive so it feels far away. It is RIDICULOUSLY inexpensive. They have a special for two…. $81…. Each person gets a great salad, garlic toast, choice of potato, 8 ounce lobster tail, 6 ounce filet mignon. 6 stuffed clam appetizer to share. My wife doesn’t eat seafood, so I get both lobster tails. They were great. Wifey loved her filet. And her au gratin potatoes. I used the extra drawn butter to slather on my garlic toast. The clams were super tasty. Mixed drinks were I think $4. Including tax and tip dinner for 5 was less than $250.

Two nights earlier went to expensive steakhouse in Buffalo, The Chop House. Dinner for two was around $250, and did NOT have lobster tails. Drinks were $16 I think, filet $49, everything else a la carte.

I’ll be having leftover filet and au gratin potatoes for lunch today.

wow, what a steal. vegas used to have some good steak deals but they have all went the way of the 5.99 buffet.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 10th, 2021 at 7:09:55 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: petroglyph
Salmon pate sandwich with tomato red onion and spinach. The pate is made with cream cheese, avocado, lemon juice, horseradish, and dill.

I might be able to eat some of this. I had my throat stretched to 18 cm, whatever that means, I guess it wasn't enough because they called me back for more. But I got to eat the first real food in months and I'd been wondering for days and days what it would be, because there's a window before it starts shrinking again.

So my first actual solid food was roast beef hash fried into a scrambled egg with mash potato pancakes. It was wonderful to eat.

Got to hit the best menu's in town quick and eat something special.

Maybe I will call Dr. Rich's meat store and see if they will send me a fine cut down this way?

I'm glad to hear it, Petroglyph! May you enjoy many real meals to come!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 10th, 2021 at 8:30:42 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: SOOPOO

Two nights earlier went to expensive steakhouse in Buffalo, The Chop House. Dinner for two was around $250, .

Wow, what a total waste of money. When I think about what I can make for myself that's way better than what you had for $250. I am like John D Rockefeller, except I'm not the richest man in the world. He hated going to restaurants cuz he knew his cook at home could make something far better for far less money. And he could afford to buy every restaurant he ever ate at. He would also examine every item on the bill to make sure they weren't ripping him off. This was a guy who built entire hospitals and entire universities out of petty cash;
November 10th, 2021 at 5:34:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Smoked herring and smoked greens egg white omelet with red onion and Grey Poupon deli mustard sandwich on toast. When I think about it I should have used a little sugar free ketchup for the sweet and savory affect. It was still good this way.

November 10th, 2021 at 6:04:20 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Wow, what a total waste of money. When I think about what I can make for myself that's way better than what you had for $250. I am like John D Rockefeller, except I'm not the richest man in the world. He hated going to restaurants cuz he knew his cook at home could make something far better for far less money. And he could afford to buy every restaurant he ever ate at. He would also examine every item on the bill to make sure they weren't ripping him off. This was a guy who built entire hospitals and entire universities out of petty cash;

It was good. But I can’t argue with you about the cost. One of the couples we go out with…. the guy likes ‘ambiance’…. The Chop House is beautiful, with excellent service, but I still agree with you. My problem is you’ve never invited me over for your home cooking….