Last night I cooked homemade mac and cheese served with greens from the garden

the wife cooks 99% of the evening meals, but she likes my m&c

meant to take a picture
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 14th, 2021 at 3:44:30 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: DRich
not at all, she knows that she is not a good cook and i have told her many times.
LOL. She's actually an excellent cook, but she pees on ruins your food because you insulted her. $:o)
December 14th, 2021 at 4:27:09 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: odiousgambit
I enjoyed reading the posts about Indian food.

why don't we keep this thread going to piss Bob off. He blocked it but guess what? He'll know.

You mischievous devil..... OK then....

Currently cultivating a colander full of mung bean sprouts. Got until the weekend to decide what to use them in.

Thinking of cooking myself a mini Chinese feast at the weekend.
Maybe a chinese style soup, spring rolls, sweet and sour pork. Egg fried rice?
December 14th, 2021 at 5:34:05 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Indian food is easily my favorite cuisine, and it’s disappointing there are so few restaurants.

There are quite a few Indian people around me, and lots of Indian grocery stores, which suggests that Indian families rarely eat out.

I think a lot of Americans, especially the older generation, do not like Indian food. I can’t get my parents, or my in-laws to touch it.
December 14th, 2021 at 7:06:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The few times I've had Indian food, it didn't leave a strong impression on me one way or another. But I suppose, part of the issue is I don't know anyone who has ever had preference for it, so I'd end up going by myself. It's probably the cuisine I'm least familiar with. At least of the prominent ethnic foods.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 14th, 2021 at 7:11:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
In case you wondered about this.

Quote:
A new viral TikTok is shedding light on what happens when a customer doesn’t select the option to tip on a DoorDash order.

TikTok user "Jhordan the Model" who works for DoorDash posted a video explaining that since DoorDash workers are independent contractors, they are not legally bound to pick up every order that is requested.

“We can pick and choose which orders we want to take so if you don’t tip us we don’t have to take your order,” she says. “When you don’t tip your order just sits there.”

Jhordan then moves over in the screen and reveals a photo of dozens of McDonald’s bags sitting in a room that are untouched and lined up, implying that no "dashers" would pick up the orders since the customers did not tip.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 14th, 2021 at 8:36:28 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Doordash is just a platform that connects restaurants, customers, and drivers.

When you place an order on door dash, you are basically putting in an offer for drivers to pick up you food for a specific amount.

Door dash base pay is $2.50 plus the customer tip. So for a $5 tip the driver will earn $7.50.

One caveat is that the full tip is not shown to the driver until they make the delivery. So if you tip $10, the offer the dasher picks up might say $8+ and then they are shown the full earnings of $12.50 after they deliver.

Door dash keeps a whopping 30% of the gross transaction.
December 14th, 2021 at 9:59:19 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: gamerfreak
Indian food is easily my favorite cuisine, and it’s disappointing there are so few restaurants.

There are quite a few Indian people around me, and lots of Indian grocery stores, which suggests that Indian families rarely eat out.

I think a lot of Americans, especially the older generation, do not like Indian food. I can’t get my parents, or my in-laws to touch it.

Buffalo does not have an overly large Indian population, but does have a bunch of Indian restaurants. The largest one was very close to my house, was called Tandoori. I would go for their buffet lunch a few times a year and always liked it. I never understood how they could serve unlimited for as low a price as it was. For dinner it was another story. I stopped ever going there for dinner when they required you to buy a rice dish if you wanted rice with your meal. All of their competitors would serve a vat of white rice with the main courses for free. Maybe that's why they went out of business.....
December 14th, 2021 at 10:06:40 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Didn't have eggplant parm last night. Got a "carne pizza" instead. Instructed waitress to ask to 'put as much fresh garlic on it as legally permissable'. It was great! Best waitress ever! It was LOADED with garlic chunks! And.... as I was gulping my last sip of diet coke with lemon, trying to flag down the waitress to request a refill, she put a new one on the table for me! Brought over the requisite boxes for all the leftovers without having to ask.... When I leave a tip greater than 20% you know the service was great (or I did bad math...)Wife and her daughter love the chicken parm there, too. Called Red Sauce.
December 15th, 2021 at 7:40:53 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
I stopped ever going there for dinner when they required you to buy a rice dish if you wanted rice with your meal. All of their competitors would serve a vat of white rice with the main courses for free. Maybe that's why they went out of business.....

The Indian restaurant by my house in Vegas was the same way. I loved the food but adding $8 for rice made an already pricey meal even more so. It was costing close to $80 for my wife and me and that did not include any alcohol. The Chinese restaurant next to them was very good and we would eat for $25.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.