Discussion about the Suspension List

Page 26 of 29« First<23242526272829>
January 31st, 2022 at 3:36:40 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
The standards for conservatives are higher so this could be the case.

I disagree, conservatives can push the boundaries (and do) quite far, and only get suspended when they are way out of line. (And, then usually proceed to complain about something that was for overdo).

In any case you are a great example, you have never been suspended, but have extremely unpopular beliefs (as do I). What we have in common is we follow the rules.

Unless you are disputing a particular suspension of a member in which case I would have to see the context. I think most members can agree on most suspensions unless they are clearly being blinded by loyalty. I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I would be interested if you can cite a suspension that had zero justification other than an agenda by a mod.
February 1st, 2022 at 3:07:24 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: JCW09

Well OD it looks like you have quite a mess on your hands here.
AMS gets called out once again for the facts in his posts and goes running to the Greens for suspensions.
Please stay tuned for the Green Spin to come on this screw up.
Evidently he did post that he lies, and many believe he does it more often than he admits.

OK. FYI anyone who cares.
Fleaswatter was released early because it was expedient to do so. Nothing to do with favouritism, I was just unlikely to be around at his due release date, even if I could be thoughtful enough to remember. Note also, that I exist in another timezone, and though i have some late nights, I don't worry about penalty time stamps. Rather release early than late.

Quote: fleaswatter

P.S. I suggest that the “powers to be” keep the “suspension list” up to date. There have been numerous suspensions since 10/26/21 that have not been listed.

Should anyone care to be suspension list monitor, the vacancy is open. Duties include 24/7 attendance, an obligation to be perfect and to explain and grovel at any perceived flaw. Salary.... You can negotiate how much the applicant wishes to bid for the job.

Mess? Green spin? Screw up.
Second guessing and reviewing every post and every ruling. Nah! Not happening.

It's just a forum. Some member got to not post for a few days. Someone else didn't. Get over it.
February 1st, 2022 at 4:53:44 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Any suspension I have ever received was voluntary; I made the post in question and then PM'ed and reported myself.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 1st, 2022 at 6:07:31 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I have earned my suspensions. One that I didn’t was a mistake on the moderator’s part and it was taken care of promptly.

I don’t know if there is a bias or not and I really don’t care. I do not own the joint.
February 1st, 2022 at 6:19:38 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
One time at WoV I was suspended for calling another member a “liar.”

Instead of spending the next several months whining about it - I learned from my mistake and never called another member a liar again.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 1st, 2022 at 7:29:44 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I think the suspension moderator should be allowed to take money to release people early. That way there is some compensation.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 1st, 2022 at 10:10:14 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: DRich
I think the suspension moderator should be allowed to take money to release people early. That way there is some compensation.
LOL. Gets my vote. Better still, does anyone want to bid to get a member suspended?
February 1st, 2022 at 10:34:06 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: OnceDear
Better still, does anyone want to bid to get a member suspended?

Hell yeah, treat 'em like hamburgers.

"I'd gladly pay you next Tuesday for a suspension today."

---Wimpy
February 2nd, 2022 at 8:47:28 AM permalink
quadriga
Threads: 0
"Better still, does anyone want to bid to get a member suspended?"--OnceDear

Can we bid to get KNathan unbanned?

She's a lot like Bart Simpson. She's mischievous but relatively harmless. She skates by on a board. By nature she can't grow up. People are surprised when they found out she's a woman. And they never thought she'd become so huge.
February 2nd, 2022 at 9:19:46 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: quadriga
"Better still, does anyone want to bid to get a member suspended?"--OnceDear

Can we bid to get KNathan unbanned?

She's a lot like Bart Simpson. She's mischievous but relatively harmless. She skates by on a board. By nature she can't grow up. People are surprised when they found out she's a woman. And they never thought she'd become so huge.

Why? She’s got other accounts here that haven’t been nuked yet that she can still post with.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 26 of 29« First<23242526272829>