Discussion about the Suspension List

January 16th, 2022 at 10:35:41 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: terapined
Thanks
Nice to know we still have a sheriff in town.
I do tend to moderate minimally here. But it's hardly unprecedented for JCW to throw obtuse insults.
January 16th, 2022 at 11:07:52 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
For some posters it's an exercise in "brinkmanship," i.e. seeing just how close you can come to the edge without going over it.

That's a tough game to play and win if you don't keep your emotions in check; funny how angry, worked up and annoyed we can get over words posted on a computer screen.
January 31st, 2022 at 7:37:03 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
I’m back
Hmmmmmm, time to review what happened:

January 28th, 2022 at 7:22:29 AM post
Quote: fleaswatter
I am skeptical of your claim since you are an acknowledged liar.
Prove it or it didn't happen.

January 28th, 2022 at 4:56:33 PM post
Quote: ams288
I can easily prove I received them by posting screenshots of the USPS delivery notifications.
Instead I’m just gonna report you for suspension for calling me an “acknowledged liar.” An obvious personal insult.

Jan 29th, 2022 at 12:19:16 AM post
Quote: oncedear
Fleaswatter gets 3 days for calling AMS a liar.
Suspensions really are and should be rare on this forum.
But as MrV says, strictly verboten.

note: any editing above is mine

Misserhervee added his $.02 here and here.

Hmmm, so I was suspended for calling ams288 “an acknowledged liar “.

I didn’t realize that “telling the truth” was a valid reason for a suspension.

Well, well, well, what do you know! The truth can be found here and here (second link added in case editing of first link attempted).

In view of the above, I recommend that ams288 be suspended (making an obvious false statement to get a member suspended?). Additionally, in view of his recent (Nov 10, 2022) suspension, possible “martingale” could apply.

P.S. I suggest that the “powers to be” keep the “suspension list” up to date. There have been numerous suspensions since 10/26/21 that have not been listed.
Let's go Brandon
January 31st, 2022 at 9:13:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m back
Hmmmmmm, time to review what happened:

January 28th, 2022 at 7:22:29 AM post

January 28th, 2022 at 4:56:33 PM post
I can easily prove I received them by posting screenshots of the USPS delivery notifications.
Instead I’m just gonna report you for suspension for calling me an “acknowledged liar.” An obvious personal insult.

Jan 29th, 2022 at 12:19:16 AM post

note: any editing above is mine

Misserhervee added his $.02 here and here.

Hmmm, so I was suspended for calling ams288 “an acknowledged liar “.

I didn’t realize that “telling the truth” was a valid reason for a suspension.

Well, well, well, what do you know! The truth can be found here and here (second link added in case editing of first link attempted).

In view of the above, I recommend that ams288 be suspended (making an obvious false statement to get a member suspended?). Additionally, in view of his recent (Nov 10, 2022) suspension, possible “martingale” could apply.

P.S. I suggest that the “powers to be” keep the “suspension list” up to date. There have been numerous suspensions since 10/26/21 that have not been listed.

Hahaha.

Nice try.

You can’t call other members liars. Why is that so hard for some of you guys to understand?

Next rightie who calls me a liar will get suspended just like the last two. Give it a try. ;)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 31st, 2022 at 9:30:24 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Hmmmm, since you are not over 65 years old, I hope that your underlying medical condition is not serious and you are following the guidance in accordance with the CDC's booster eligibility rules.

I know that you would not lie to get the booster shot when not eligible.

I lied. Deal with it. 🤷‍♂️

Well OD it looks like you have quite a mess on your hands here.
AMS gets called out once again for the facts in his posts and goes running to the Greens for suspensions.
Please stay tuned for the Green Spin to come on this screw up.
Evidently he did post that he lies, and many believe he does it more often than he admits.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
January 31st, 2022 at 10:08:39 AM permalink
ams288

Still LOL-ing at the idea of me lying on a Walmart form in order to get a Covid booster shot giving fleaswatter the right to break the board rules and call me a liar on any given topic. Nice try. 😂
January 31st, 2022 at 12:01:57 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
He's just desperate for a win having spent the past three days exiled from the island.

No doubt attacks will come flying in from different directions; put up your umbrella, the BS will be flying soon.
January 31st, 2022 at 2:40:32 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
So I actually clicked on the Suspension list for the first time in a while (it has not been updated since OCT2021), but what was interesting was the breakdown of who has been suspended and the number of days.

An interesting project for those who are into statistics would be to break down days of assigned suspension (not counting days overserved, etc....) I think you would have to nullify Voluntary suspensions, and assign some arbitrary value to people who are nuked (or just null them since most nukes seem to be either socks, or voluntaries, nulling is actually probably the easiest option). You can break those on the suspension list into four pretty easy categories (for the vast majority of people on it): "Liberal" , "Conservative", "Libertarian", "Other/Unknown/Ind" Socks and bot/spammer nukes would not count.

And, see which group skews to have the most suspensions (by "days in suspended status"), of course you would have to scale it to the active members (IE if 80% of active or semi-active members are liberal, it would not be surprising if liberals make up 80% of the list).

I would almost bet that conservatives are going to be the highest (per capita), followed by libertarians, followed by liberals, followed by other/independents. Now, this does not prove anything in and of itself (other than be a possible indicator of which group has more aggressive members). And, of course it is taking people at their word (that they are actually the political affiliation in real life that they claim on here and are not just trolling/role-playing on this forum which I almost suspect for certain people, but again we have to take them at their word).

In any case, I thought I would throw the idea out there, it could be an interesting project for somebody with the time who is interested in the suspension list history (of course it would have to be updated first to be accurate).
January 31st, 2022 at 3:11:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

I would almost bet that conservatives are going to be the highest (per capita), followed by libertarians, followed by liberals, followed by other/independents.

The standards for conservatives are higher so this could be the case.
The President is a fink.
January 31st, 2022 at 3:25:07 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
The standards for conservatives are higher so this could be the case.