Discussion about the Suspension List

March 12th, 2017 at 6:51:00 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Wizard
I've actually toyed with the idea of a free speech day where you could say whatever you want without fear of suspension. It would have been so much more fun if SL were still around. It would not apply to previously banned members.

I think that would lead to a large number (compared to the total number of participants) of suspensions.

I don't think this is a good idea, unless you are just going to let it evolve into a free-for-all here.
March 12th, 2017 at 7:47:15 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Point taken. It won't happen.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 12th, 2017 at 9:26:01 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Just want to point out that everyone rags on believers for needed a God with rules and consequences for keeping them in line, yet it is clear that even non-believers realize that we need such Wizards in our lives or chaos ensues.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 13th, 2017 at 8:09:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I, for one, think the free-for-all day would have been fun.

Too many rightie snowflakes here though I guess. Must be worried about hearing the truth.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 13th, 2017 at 8:53:38 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288

Too many rightie snowflakes here though I guess. Must be worried about hearing the truth.

You must have been bothered by the snowflake name which was being used for the lefty millennials who have had such a coddled upbringing that they have a meltdown every time they don't get their way (ie Trump being elected). You now want to apply it to the right, struck a little close to home did it.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 13th, 2017 at 10:26:19 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
You now want to apply it to the right, struck a little close to home did it.

Actually I use to to point out the hypocrisy of those on the right who use it. They are the ones who are truly coddled and afraid to have the harsh truths of the world told to them.
March 13th, 2017 at 10:45:14 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Actually I use to to point out the hypocrisy of those on the right who use it. They are the ones who are truly coddled and afraid to have the harsh truths of the world told to them.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise down that Egyptian river.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 13th, 2017 at 11:01:33 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
Hope you are enjoying your cruise down that Egyptian river.

Curiously, there is an obese 70 year old orange man on my raft with me who keeps whining about how mean the press is to him....
March 13th, 2017 at 11:32:23 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Must be worried about hearing the truth.

Libs are so hilarious. They're all about
tolerance (supposedly) yet fret and
whine when not allowed to scream
and yell insults and epithets at those
who disagree with them. I don't want
it because I'm an adult who doesn't
communicate that way, it's totally
unproductive not needed in a civil
society. Especially one where you're
communicating with strangers.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 13th, 2017 at 12:04:56 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

Your comments seem to imply that there is some "truth" that you know and are not sharing with us just because of the ban on personal insults. Though one cannot openly use personal insults, you are allowed to attack the writing of a member quite openly and without risk of suspension. What need do you have to personally attack someone? Will writing something on a fairly quiet message board read by very few attacking someone on a personal level give you the jollies? Is that you do things in "real life"? Is that really how you would like us to interact with each other?

Interesting.