Deadpool 2020

July 25th, 2020 at 8:14:28 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Can't think of much to say about Regis, but I liked him on Millionaire. He seemed to yell too much on the morning show, but I never watched it on a regular basis.

Quote: rxwine
I can't remember if we had this discussion here or somewhere else. When you die of natural causes, your body systems are just failing. You've reached your expiration date.

That's pretty much what happened with both my father and father-in-law. Everything was just breaking down -- exactly like their expiration date was up. I hope if and when that happens to me I recognize it and don't fight against it.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 26th, 2020 at 3:24:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard

That's pretty much what happened with both my father and father-in-law. Everything was just breaking down -- exactly like their expiration date was up. I hope if and when that happens to me I recognize it and don't fight against it.

People keep getting upset at me when I say I think I have about 20 years left. Even an my age I can feel that parts of me are wearing out and like knowing my car only has so many miles left figure that is how long I will last. My wish is to go fast and painless.
The President is a fink.
July 26th, 2020 at 9:00:48 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman
My wish is to go fast and painless.

Mine too. May we all.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 26th, 2020 at 10:56:36 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Wizard
Mine too. May we all.

I have a thread discussing this. Not the painless part, but the 'fast' part. My best friend from college just passed 3 years from the day he was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. He had 2 1/2 good years of enjoying his family, friends, etc..., with little disability, then 1/2 year of knowing he was losing the fight against the metastases. I think this is preferable to 'waking up dead one day'.
July 26th, 2020 at 11:09:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I have a thread discussing this. Not the painless part, but the 'fast' part. My best friend from college just passed 3 years from the day he was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. He had 2 1/2 good years of enjoying his family, friends, etc..., with little disability, then 1/2 year of knowing he was losing the fight against the metastases. I think this is preferable to 'waking up dead one day'.

My mother especially thinks I would be one of those people who wouldn't tell anyone they were diagnosed with cancer for "not to worry anyone" which I can't defend because I would be. Dick Morris just announced he has tongue cancer. Alex Trebek we know is on borrowed time. Morton Downey, Jr had cancer for years but didn't get the "cancer look" until the very end. I have no desire to be like these folk.

If I get diagnosed that way half of me wants to take a few weeks to get things in order then find a way to go.
The President is a fink.
July 26th, 2020 at 11:42:39 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Actress Olivia de Havilland finally dies at 104.

Extra points for knowing the last movie she physically acted in.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 26th, 2020 at 1:53:05 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Stay alive through where we'd keep a beloved pet, then put me down.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 26th, 2020 at 2:35:49 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: petroglyph

Great post!!!! I have said many times.... the things I have done to keep people alive throughout my career... totally acceptable medicine.... requested by family... in the 'do everything' mentality.... if I did that to a pet I'd be charged with animal cruelty!
July 26th, 2020 at 3:19:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph

Goldfish style.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 30th, 2020 at 7:25:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Wow.

Herman Cain, 74, dead from coronavirus after attending Donny’s Tulsa rally in June.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman