Deadpool 2020

July 7th, 2020 at 11:11:09 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
I heard a radio interview with Charlie Daniels a couple of years ago when he was promoting his memoirs. He was asked why it took him 12 years to write his autobiography. He said he couldn't find a stopping place. I guess now his story is finally finished.

All of the tributes I have seen in the media don't mention any song other than "Devil Went Down to Georgia". That is a fun song, but his catalogue is so much deeper than that. In 1982 he recorded "Still in Saigon". Charlie wasn't a vet and didn't write the song, but a Vietnam vet that I knew said hat it really spoke to him. "Every summer when it rains, I smell the jungle, I hear the planes". I read today that he had reservations about recording it since he did not want to presume to speak for vets. He spoke to a lot of vets that he knew personally before he agreed to do it.

A couple of my favorites.

The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
July 7th, 2020 at 11:11:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Yes, because in the tiny little world your posts paint, anyone who disagrees with your positions just has to be crazy.

There is nothing wrong with supporting the police...and you can actually support them and not want the bad police officers to remain on the force.

There are lot of people against abortion.

Susan Rice, a potential candidate for VP, did outright lie on TV about why Benghazi happened.

No one should for get 9/11.

We are allowed to disagree with each other and not be batcrap crazy...but I guess it is easier to just say nasty things about someone who passed.

The Benghazi tweet was the only one that was truly crazy.

The rest were just the tweets of a sad old man who had had his mind ruined by Fox News.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 7th, 2020 at 11:51:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford
I heard a radio interview with Charlie Daniels a couple of years ago when he was promoting his memoirs. He was asked why it took him 12 years to write his autobiography. He said he couldn't find a stopping place. I guess now his story is finally finished.

I played the heck out of his Greatest Hits CD in college. Some people liked it some did not. One girl liked it and came in the back room and said, "Come on back out, I love that music. I turned the CD over but it is not playing right?"

Yup, she did. You can't make this stuff up.

RIP Charlie.
The President is a fink.
July 7th, 2020 at 2:12:00 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288

The rest were just the tweets of a sad old man who had had his mind ruined by Fox News.

That is some funny crap right there....you are being funny, aren't you?
July 7th, 2020 at 3:36:32 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288

I have to agree decades of Fox probably didn't help his mind, MSM media does that. At least it was Fox, it only takes a couple of years of the leftie media to ruin the minds of young people.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 7th, 2020 at 9:37:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Mary Kay Letourneau, a teacher arrested for an affair with her 13-year-old student, has died of cancer

She married him, after serving 7 years in prison.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 8th, 2020 at 3:07:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
She married him, after serving 7 years in prison.

Crazy moonbat.
The President is a fink.
July 12th, 2020 at 11:29:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Actress and John Travolta's wife.

Quote:
Kelly Preston Dies of Breast Cancer at 57

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 13th, 2020 at 2:37:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Elvis's grandson kills himself at
27. What a legacy the King has..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 13th, 2020 at 2:43:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Elvis's grandson kills himself at
27. What a legacy the King has..

That probably has more to do with how his screwball mother brought him up. What a waste she made of her life.
The President is a fink.