2 votes (16.66%)
1 vote (8.33%)
No votes (0%)

12 members have voted

January 14th, 2020 at 5:10:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: KNathan
Except at least one person only found out he was suspended after he could no longer post and asked on another Gambling website dear to our hearts if he had been suspended. I know of at least one person who tried to post on a recently CLOSED thread at the time on same website and mentioned thinking he had been suspended, LMAO! He said something like,"Earlier today, I posted in the "Is Trump A Good President?" Thread(Not the actual thread, just an example, ;) I went to work and on my break, I noticed I was replied to, so I tried to respond to that person and I could no longer do ANYTHING in that thread. I immediately begun to look to see if my name was in red and what I had done to be suspended. It turns out, the thread had been closed due to a lot of insults."

I can see why someone who is not suspended would be baffled on why they can no longer post on a certain thread.

I've had threads close while I was attempting to post. It is not the end of the world. You check things and figure it out. Wasn't at all the hardest thing I had to figure out that day.
The President is a fink.
January 14th, 2020 at 7:21:15 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: kenarman
Most of the members on this site are mature enough to know when they have come close to or crossed the line. They just accept that it is Mike's house and Mike's rules.

I respect Mike's word completely, but I may be the reason that this thread was started. I had no idea why I couldn't post or reply to messages. I thought maybe there was a bug in the software and just assumed it would be corrected within a day or two. I had no idea something i posted 40 days prior would have got me suspended now.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 14th, 2020 at 8:08:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I had no idea something i posted 40 days prior would have got me suspended now.

I thought it was kind of funny I got suspended for a post months ago I hardly remembered
Hmm
I can insult somebody and the insult will stand for months till the Wiz gets to it
Policy may not deter insults due to lengthy months delay between insult and suspension
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 14th, 2020 at 3:26:31 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Quote: terapined
I thought it was kind of funny I got suspended for a post months ago I hardly remembered
Hmm
I can insult somebody and the insult will stand for months till the Wiz gets to it
Policy may not deter insults due to lengthy months delay between insult and suspension

In Wizard's defense, he used to be one of the only two Admins, but now he has more Admins to help him out so he will see insults more clearly faster. To this date he now has like 4 other Admins when he recently only had one other Admin on this website.
January 14th, 2020 at 7:05:47 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: terapined
Hmm

Somebody complained about it. While there is a vague statute of limitations, it's more than a month.

I'm pretty much decided to add a suspension list here as soon as somebody misbehaves.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 15th, 2020 at 5:51:29 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
This forum is pretty small, even with people only checking this forum occasionally, it is pretty easy to see who is suspended without a list.

That thread in WOV often devolves into not so great posts about other people. I don't think there is a need for one, but I am not inherently against it.

Maybe an internal suspension list only visible my mods/admins would be the best middle ground?
January 15th, 2020 at 8:14:07 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Wizard
Somebody complained about it. While there is a vague statute of limitations, it's more than a month..

Imagine someone so worked up about something someone posted months ago that they complained months later...assuming they did not complain when it was originally posted or that they just caught up on reading a thread...

I understand you have rules, but what a waste of time.

Almost as much of a waste as the time I wasted typing this, since it will change nothing.
January 15th, 2020 at 8:30:51 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
Imagine someone so worked up about something someone posted months ago that they complained months later.

I agree
Pretty surprised for a comment months old
I seem to be living in the heads of the righties here lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 15th, 2020 at 9:21:52 AM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Imagine someone so worked up about something someone posted months ago that they complained months later...assuming they did not complain when it was originally posted or that they just caught up on reading a thread...

I understand you have rules, but what a waste of time.

Almost as much of a waste as the time I wasted typing this, since it will change nothing.

It does happen. It happened to me. A Poster had insulted me like 2 months prior in a certain thread saying something like,Karen Nathan is an idiot,(On a thread I had nothing to do with to boot!) A Newbie ended up bumping up the two month post innocently, and then I saw the insulting post and asked why I was being insulted in a thread that had nothing to do with me. If I had pressed charges, I could have gotten the insulter suspended even if the insulter said it two months prior.
January 15th, 2020 at 2:34:17 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Imagine someone so worked up about something someone posted months ago that they complained months later...

Funny how you're defending someone who called other members "pedophiles". Oh well........... 🙄
Page 3 of 5<12345>