Rush Limbaugh Has Lung Cancer

February 15th, 2020 at 10:19:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
The few that disagreed with him were never given a fair chance. Rush always had to come out on top. I will say this.... There is a weekend morning liberal show that i occasionally listen to that is FAR more biased than Rush. Anyone who even hints at a single positive of Trump is ridiculed. It is so biased in favor of 'people of color' as they refer to themselves, that it is quite laughable. Local Buffalo radio show.

Of course he comes out on top. He has outright said the first rule of talk radio is "the callers must make the host look good." He has said this does not mean putting on an endless stream of callers goo goo over him. You put on people who disagree and you make your point better than they do theirs.

It is fairly easy with liberal callers as they usually run out of their talking points in 30 seconds or less. Then they start calling names. Start claiming the show is "hate talk." At that point Rush's logic tears them to shreds.

He decades ago identified "seminar callers" hoping to get on to get their point on air. They always get found out fast.

He puts people who disagree at the front of the line. They have a "fair chance" then and there. It is very rare they come out on top because all they do is repeat the same talking points. Similar to here.
The President is a fink.
February 15th, 2020 at 11:17:02 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO

I listened occassionally. .

Yet you seem to think you're
an expert. I listened and more
recently read transcripts for
the last 30 YEARS. So quit
coming off like you have any
kind of opinion that means
anything. Rush mostly takes
callers who are relevant to what
happening in the news. 95%
of the time their calls are
taken to keep the flow of the
show going, not so Rush can
'best' them. That's absurd.

Hannity is awful, I stopped
listening to him 15 years ago.
He's so full of himself and
soooo repetitive. I watch his
show on Youtube so I can FF
thru Hannity and hear his
guests.

The heyday for Rush was the
Clinton and Bush years, the
Femi-nazi years. He was edgy
and very funny, his parodies
were hilarious. He's lost a lot
of his edge as he approached
70. He's the gold standard and
will be missed, but what he
did for conservative talk radio will
live on as his legacy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 15th, 2020 at 12:10:30 PM permalink
KNathan
Threads: 37
Rush could beat this Cancer thing hard. A woman said something like,"Doctors told me I had six months to live with my Stage 4 Cancer. That was 20 years ago and I am still here. With Aggressive Chemo, Radiation, and Medicine, my Stage 4 Cancer went into Remission 20 years ago and never came back. There is always hope!"
February 15th, 2020 at 12:51:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
I first discovered Rush in spring 1990.
He was on in the barbershop and
they were all hushed and listening
intently. Lasted about a month
till one customer complained and
that was that.

In the 90's there were 'Rush Rooms'
where restaurants had dining areas
that played Rush for the customers.
People loved it and they were always
jammed. But Rush was edgier then,
making a name for himself.

He had a TV show for awhile that did
well in the ratings. But he hated doing
TV so he quit. This is from 1994 when
Hillary had Vince Foster killed. I had
forgotten what a big deal this was.
Rush is wearing one of his ties from
his hugely successful tie line. In the
past 2 months over 500 vintage
Rush ties sold on Ebay for $15 to $45
or more.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1995-Rush-Limbaugh-No-Boundaries-Collection-56-Necktie-Tie-New/264632139473?hash=item3d9d4dfed1:g:E54AAOSw9IJeRCYU
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 16th, 2020 at 12:34:29 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
He had a TV show for awhile that did
well in the ratings. But he hated doing
TV so he quit.
One of the reasons why he hated it was because they screwed him by putting his show on at like 1:30 in the morning even though his ratings were great. I don't blame him for quitting TV when BS like that happens.

Quote: AZDuffman
It is fairly easy with liberal callers as they usually run out of their talking points in 30 seconds or less. Then they start calling names
THIS

You see a similar thing here. Libbies have no substantive arguments so they resort to wishing that people die. That's why I block their asses. 😂😂
February 16th, 2020 at 5:14:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
One of the reasons why he hated it was because they screwed him by putting his show on at like 1:30 in the morning even though his ratings were great.

Never in the history of television has any station moved a show to 1:30 in the morning if the “ratings were great.”

Maybe you’re all just feeling overly nostalgic now that the rat bastard is on death’s doorstep.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 16th, 2020 at 5:17:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Shrek
One of the reasons why he hated it was because they screwed him by putting his show on at like 1:30 in the morning even though his ratings were great. I don't blame him for quitting TV when BS like that happens.

That did happen, but he has said many times his format and style do not work on TV. One thing that can drive you crazy with his radio show is he goes long the first part of the half hour leaving commercials stacked the last part. He often says he is going long. On radio you can do that. On TV all the breaks as "hard" breaks that cannot be messed with.

I am more surprised he never did a third book over all these years. His second book was weird, an all-time best seller but spent a very short time on the best seller list. He said it himself that everyone who wanted it bought it soon as it came out, they did not wait. Very unusual.
The President is a fink.
February 16th, 2020 at 10:47:55 AM permalink
Evenbob
That did happen, but he has said many times his format and style do not work on TV.

TV has to be scripted and he had
only 22 min to get his points in.
On radio he has 2 hours of on
air time to get to the point. His
TV show was on in my area at
11:30, not 1:30. He's a radio guy,
totally different medium. Hannity
and Laura went to TV, but they're
attractive. Rush is not.
February 16th, 2020 at 1:11:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
How time flies. He was only earning 1/30 then that he does now. But the reaction of the haters remains the same.

The President is a fink.
February 16th, 2020 at 1:41:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
How time flies. He was only earning 1/30 then that he does now. But the reaction of the haters remains the same.

Very entertaining. No golden mic, no
internet so he used newspapers.
He made $1 mil in 91, makes $85
mil now. Rush filled a void we didn't
even know we had, because we
didn't know the media was 100%
Lib. Once he pointed it out and
gave us another perspective, a
whole new industry was born.
Conservative talk radio.