Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
Quick and to the point: GFY. a.

See? How hard was that, brevity. Ramble on,
you've got so much to say that nobody
gives a rip about. I already know that
about myself and act accordingly.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 22nd, 2020 at 10:40:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Antimalarial drug touted by President Trump is linked to increased risk of death in coronavirus patients, study says

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/antimalarial-drug-touted-by-president-trump-is-linked-to-increased-risk-of-death-in-coronavirus-patients-study-says/ar-BB14sKRo?ocid=spartanntp

The study

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 22nd, 2020 at 11:01:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The President just came out and made a short statement that places of worship are essential and if governors close them down he will override it.

He must have checked the polls.

I hate to debate what is essential as I already disagree with some of the rulings on other things. But of course, God does not answer prayer unless you're in church. Everyone knows that.

(nothing was said about the new study, but some of the team is still speaking even though Trump left the stage)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2020 at 11:09:03 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
The President just came out and made a short statement that places of worship are essential and if governors close them down he will override it.

My wife's 95 year old dad is
dying and will go this weekend.
Our sweet and loving witch
governor says he can't have
a funeral attended by more
than 10 people. He has scores
of grandkids and cousins and
living siblings. My wife is sick
about it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 22nd, 2020 at 11:12:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Been quite a few stories about people dying alone in the hospital because family members can't visit.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2020 at 11:13:58 AM permalink
Evenbob
Been quite a few stories about people dying alone in the hospital because family members can't visit.

During the worst of the lockdown
my wife's fam couldn't visit her
parents. Talk by Skype only once
a day.
May 22nd, 2020 at 11:17:34 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined

The kid at the beach in the viral video "If I get Corona then I get Corona" is singing a different tune and came to his senses
My nephew gets it. His personal experiences, its boomers that are the problem. He recently posted this "Achievement unlocked: get scoffed at by a boomer for social distancing while grocery shopping"

Well, it's certainly unfortunate that the kid in that video (which I didn't see until you mentioned it) got such blowback. He's just some idiot college kid firing off at the mouth. His entire apology should have consisted of telling everyone making a big deal of what he said to GFTS, and then he can take appropriate social distancing action. It is a shame the bars and restaurants are closed, but they are only closed because idiots such as himself wouldn't follow non-mandatory guidelines.

Quote:
I agree. I used to vote republican because I thought that party supported a balanced budget
Sad to see spending exploding under Trump pre virus with the total support of republicans
You have to balance the budget so you can afford to spend when emergencies hit such as the virus.
If we balanced the budget, we could afford all this spending. Currently we cannot afford.

The only thing the individuals in either of the two main parties support is whatever they think best serves their personal interest. Also strength in numbers and tribalism, hence ideological purity tests, virtue signaling, gaslighting and cancel culture...but whatever. Just take solace and find peace in the fact that we, and they, will all be dead one day and none if it will matter.

I agree on balancing the budget. Social welfare programs are fine, and all, once we are able to do a means test and verify their long-term sustainability. The far left's ridiculous calls for so called, 'Economic reform,' are similar to fighting for your life drowning in a pool and asking observers to pour more water in.

Quote:
Disagree
Somebody loses their job and they are going to get crazy over what a person they have never met has said
That's insane.
Somebody loses their job, they are gonna blame 1 person in the house with 435 members. That's about the most absurd thing to hear.
Lets blame AOC for EVERYTHING. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

I agree it's insane, but some people are insane. If she happened to be the victim of someone's insanity, I would not care very much.

She is the speaker of the Far Left. She is the virtue signaler. She may not be THE cause, but there are a great many people on the Far Left who take their outrage cues from her. She is the voice of people who would otherwise be too inane to be listened to. The right, however, should stop using her as an example all the time. Maybe if everyone ignored her, she would eventually lose her seat and go away, but I doubt it. We're probably stuck with her for awhile. At least she probably mixes a competent daiquiri, even though I'm not sure I'd trust her to do that much.

It's a weird feeling. Aside from certain white Christians and Southerners, she's the only person I've ever hated. We would be, like, 2% less divisive as a country without her.

Quote:
???????
Beaches just opened here in Clearwater
Its locals. Old and young, families.

Well, they're going to do what they're going to do. I'm just going off of the clips I've seen which mostly consisted of young people. Who cares? Free association, freedom of movement. It's their business if they end up dying.

Quote:
Agree with the above regarding religion

Cool, next time I'll tell you how I really feel about them without holding anything back.

Quote:
If hospitals over run and people are dying due to lack of hospital beds.
Then yes

The first thing is that we should be preparing to need more medical facilities, so there's no excuse for a second wave to catch us by surprise again if we already know it's a possibility.

Second thing, if the hospitals run out of room, then they run out of room. No more beds, can't treat you. Sorry. Good luck.

The economy of the United States of America, as you know it, does not recover for at least ten years if retail misses the Holiday Season. You think unemployment and corporate bankruptcies are bad now? We'll be saying, "Remember March when the economy was booming?"

Honestly, COVID-19 did us the favor of picking the best spot on the calendar to happen, if it really needed to happen at all. Pretty much any other time of year would have been worse.

Anyway, shutdown for a second wave, not worth it. Not anyone's life, not 5% of all lives, not anything. I really don't care if I die or not because I already recognize death as an inevitability. People keep talking about, "Preventing death," and it's nonsense...you can only maybe delay death, it can't be prevented.

I don't care who dies and I don't care how many people die if the alternative is a place not worth living. This miserable hellhole was already bad enough before this.

Just follow the safety guidelines and do the best you can, like anything else. Look both ways before you cross the street. Wear a seatbelt. Don't take prescription drugs unless they have been prescribed to you by a doctor. Don't eat Tide Pods.

Or, do the opposite of all of those things. It's your life to decide what you want to do, not mine that I should dictate anything to you, nor anybody else.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 22nd, 2020 at 11:19:26 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

I'll die alone if I'm lucky. I wouldn't want anyone there. Would you really want that to be someone's last memory of you?

I'm DNR anyway, so it doesn't matter. Respirators were in short supply and it could be me getting it instead of a little kid, for all I know. If I get COVID (which I may have already had) and get supremely ill such that I know that's what it is, I'm just going to drive somewhere and die in the car.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 22nd, 2020 at 11:20:20 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

He must have checked the polls.

I hate to debate what is essential as I already disagree with some of the rulings on other things. But of course, God does not answer prayer unless you're in church. Everyone knows that.

(nothing was said about the new study, but some of the team is still speaking even though Trump left the stage)

Let them go to church, at least some good will come out of this.
May 22nd, 2020 at 11:29:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
I'll die alone if I'm lucky. I wouldn't want anyone there. Would you really want that to be someone's last memory of you?

Well, now that you mention it, I'd probably get someone I didn't really want to see anyway which might make dying even worse. However, I've been laid up in the hospital for an accident for quite awhile. It becomes one long slog of despair and boredom with no one around. It was nice seeing a few people I knew once in awhile.