No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

June 18th, 2020 at 4:42:01 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Donny must be *really* effing stupid to keep hiring all these swamp creatures if he’s really trying to drain it. Only to have them always turn on him and spill the beans once they’re gone.

What is really amazing is that with all the swamp creatures spilling the beans for 4 years that what has come up out is well "not worth a row o beans".
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 18th, 2020 at 4:55:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
What is really amazing is that with all the swamp creatures spilling the beans for 4 years that what has come up out is well "not worth a row o beans".

I disagree
Person after person that worked in the WH says he's not fit to be President
Its pretty stunning because this has not been common in any Presidency in my lifetime except Trump's.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 18th, 2020 at 5:07:31 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Donny must be *really* effing stupid to keep hiring all these swamp creatures if he’s really trying to drain it. Only to have them always turn on him and spill the beans once they’re gone.

It is truly amazing the number of high level officials that HE has hired that have not lasted the first term, either because he finds them not worthy, or they find him not worthy. I truly wonder what the next person he hires will be thinking....

Not good posting technique to use the word 'truly' more than once....
June 19th, 2020 at 4:32:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
A month and a half ago:

Donny has been an unmitigated disaster for our country.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 19th, 2020 at 5:09:49 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
A month and a half ago:

Donny has been an unmitigated disaster for our country.

Really? So if he said "We won't lose the 1-2 million people that some epidemiologists predict; I expect we will lose only 1/4 million." And then it turns out it is 150,000, then he is a giant success? If you, or anyone for that matter, cares about his predictions for fatalities then you need to focus on something else. The states' governors decide when businesses open up, when restaurants open up, when schools open up, who needs to wear a mask, etc... They are the ones who open or close, not Trump, but of course you know that, just choose to ignore it....

Trump did his job by getting the needed ventilators built, auxiliary medical facilities for NY, keeping the economy afloat (with Dem + Repub congress). Was he perfect..... God no..... but I think by the nature of our government the President is quite limited with what he can do, especially with 1/2 of Congress not giving a hoot about the beginning of the pandemic because they felt it necessary to have an impeachment that they 100% knew had ZERO chance of removing him.
June 19th, 2020 at 5:18:20 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Not that people remember things for longer than 42 seconds, but he kind of set the bar when he mouthed off about Obama’s 17,000 deaths.

Those of us with logic know a virus is a virus that’s basically just as fatal as it happens to be regardless of who’s in office, but logic hasn’t dictated jack in quite some time.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2020 at 5:49:20 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Really? So if he said "We won't lose the 1-2 million people that some epidemiologists predict; I expect we will lose only 1/4 million." And then it turns out it is 150,000, then he is a giant success? If you, or anyone for that matter, cares about his predictions for fatalities then you need to focus on something else. The states' governors decide when businesses open up, when restaurants open up, when schools open up, who needs to wear a mask, etc... They are the ones who open or close, not Trump, but of course you know that, just choose to ignore it....

Trump did his job by getting the needed ventilators built, auxiliary medical facilities for NY, keeping the economy afloat (with Dem + Repub congress). Was he perfect..... God no..... but I think by the nature of our government the President is quite limited with what he can do, especially with 1/2 of Congress not giving a hoot about the beginning of the pandemic because they felt it necessary to have an impeachment that they 100% knew had ZERO chance of removing him.

“Trump did this. Trump did that. Etc, etc.”

Cool. What’s he doing now? This isn’t over, not by a long shot. And yet he hasn’t talked to the task force in like two weeks or something?!

Donny’s handling of the crisis has been a complete and total FAILURE. There is no denying it.

Every trump voter should look at those graphs and feel shame, but trump voters generally aren’t acquainted with the concept of shame.

And yes, a lot of it falls to the governors. And Donny has done everything he can to undercut them! My governor, Gretchen Whitmer, has done an AMAZING job responding to the virus. And how much harassment has she taken from Donny and his crazed followers for it?
June 19th, 2020 at 6:20:31 PM permalink
kenarman
“Trump did this. Trump did that. Etc, etc.”

Cool. What’s he doing now? This isn’t over, not by a long shot. And yet he hasn’t talked to the task force in like two weeks or something?!

Donny’s handling of the crisis has been a complete and total FAILURE. There is no denying it.

Every trump voter should look at those graphs and feel shame, but trump voters generally aren’t acquainted with the concept of shame.

And yes, a lot of it falls to the governors. And Donny has done everything he can to undercut them! My governor, Gretchen Whitmer, has done an AMAZING job responding to the virus. And how much harassment has she taken from Donny and his crazed followers for it?

You realize of course that Spain and Italy both have more deaths per capita than the US. Oh I forgot who I was talking to for a minute of course you don't.
June 19th, 2020 at 6:35:58 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
You realize of course that Spain and Italy both have more deaths per capita than the US. Oh I forgot who I was talking to for a minute of course you don't.

The Canadian needs to eat a Snickers. Grumpy!
June 20th, 2020 at 6:56:25 AM permalink
kenarman
The Canadian needs to eat a Snickers. Grumpy!

I will try a Snickers and see what it does. Maybe you can try some fish I here they are good brain food.