JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: terapined
Looks like no college football season this fall
Its the right call
Its just too dangerous out there in this country
I just dont see how pro football is going to work
Too bad we couldn't be more like New Zealand took the virus seriously
May have to become a rugby fan to watch live sports :-)

Your Terps aren’t playing, but SEC, ACC and Big 12 intend to play. We’ll see.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
August 12th, 2020 at 2:55:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I have mixed emotions about it. To me, there is nothing I look forward to more than college football. I probably watch 10 games per week

Nothing I look forward to more
than never watching a single
game of organized sports. Talk
about a colossal waste of time
in your life. Almost as bad a
video games.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 12th, 2020 at 4:07:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I have mixed emotions about it. To me, there is nothing I look forward to more than college football. I probably watch 10 games per week. My selfish sides says that I don't care if a few people die if that is the cost to entertain me. I also think the athletes need to be treated as students first. If they aren't on campus going to classes with the other students I don't think they should play football. So for me it comes down to if the schools believe it is safe enough to have the kids on campus and going to school, they should be allowed to play football. My caveat would be any athlete that is not comfortable playing shouldn't be forced to and they should retain their scholarship.

I was watching a basket ball game without fans. I don't know how it affects the players, but I enjoyed it just fine as far as that part goes.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 12th, 2020 at 4:13:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I was watching a basket ball game without fans. I don't know how it affects the players, but I enjoyed it just fine as far as that part goes.

Brought this up on the other side. Some good ideas were put forth.
The President is a fink.
August 12th, 2020 at 4:38:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Almost as bad a
video games.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 12th, 2020 at 6:37:29 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

A lack of fans doesn't bother me either. Most games I watch I have zero motivational attachment to the teams. I rarely root for or make any sounds during the games as I am just watching the execution of the plays.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 12th, 2020 at 7:17:53 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
A lack of fans doesn't bother me either. Most games I watch I have zero motivational attachment to the teams. I rarely root for or make any sounds during the games as I am just watching the execution of the plays.

I have more respect for the baseball teams that don’t use the fake fan cutouts. But if they’re going to use them they could make them more realistic by having half of them looking down at their phones.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
August 12th, 2020 at 7:48:24 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: JimRockford
I have more respect for the baseball teams that don’t use the fake fan cutouts. But if they’re going to use them they could make them more realistic by having half of them looking down at their phones.

LOL
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 13th, 2020 at 12:08:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Interesting.

Wendell Potter, former Vice President of Cigna writes:

Quote:
In my prior life as an insurance executive, it was my job to deceive Americans about their health care. I misled people to protect profits. In fact, one of my major objectives, as a corporate propagandist, was to do my part to “enhance shareholder value.” That work contributed directly to a climate in which fewer people are insured, which has shaped our nation’s struggle against the coronavirus, a condition that we can fight only if everyone is willing and able to get medical treatment. Had spokesmen like me not been paid to obscure important truths about the differences between the U.S. and Canadian health-care systems, tens of thousands of Americans who have died during the pandemic might still be alive.

Quote:
Nevertheless, I spent much of that year as an industry spokesman, my last after 20 years in the business, spreading AHIP’s “information” to journalists and lawmakers to create the impression that our health-care system was far superior to Canada’s, which we wanted people to believe was on the verge of collapse. The campaign worked. Stories began to appear in the press that cast the Canadian system in a negative light. And when Democrats began writing what would become the Affordable Care Act in early 2009, they gave no serious consideration to a publicly financed system like Canada’s. We succeeded so wildly at defining that idea as radical that Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.), then chair of the Senate Finance Committee, had single-payer supporters ejected from a hearing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/08/06/health-insurance-canada-lie/?arc404=true
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 13th, 2020 at 12:15:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Gotta be conservatives running Cigna. Greed and lies is the central theme.