No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

May 22nd, 2021 at 8:31:06 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine

India to be at the same per capita of deaths as the US would need to have over 2.5 million deaths (about 9 times). I don't know why you think they would be that far out of touch. The article you quoted is an unsubstantiated claim from a small rural village. Most people in India, like in the US, live in the cities.

There is no doubt Covid is running hard in India but the number of cases/day has been dropping the last week or more. It is just one more instance showing that the virus will do it's thing and humans can do little to stop it long term. In most countries between 5% and 10% of the population has had Covid. This is remarkably consistent considering the wide variety of responses around the world.

Are vaccines going to make the difference and be able to slow it down to save the few countries that have avoided it so far? I hope so but we will both find out over the next year or two.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 23rd, 2021 at 12:43:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
India to be at the same per capita of deaths as the US would need to have over 2.5 million deaths (about 9 times). I don't know why you think they would be that far out of touch. The article you quoted is an unsubstantiated claim from a small rural village. Most people in India, like in the US, live in the cities.

There is no doubt Covid is running hard in India but the number of cases/day has been dropping the last week or more. It is just one more instance showing that the virus will do it's thing and humans can do little to stop it long term. In most countries between 5% and 10% of the population has had Covid. This is remarkably consistent considering the wide variety of responses around the world.

Are vaccines going to make the difference and be able to slow it down to save the few countries that have avoided it so far? I hope so but we will both find out over the next year or two.

Assuming a case of covid is serious enough to need supplemental oxygen, I don’t know what the odds of surviving go down to when it isn’t available. I suspect it would be extremely high for those cases.

It’s also hard to know how strict and accurate India may be in its priority on record keeping. Especially outside hospitals not just in the rural areas, but in the cities.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 23rd, 2021 at 4:57:38 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Shaking hands should end. Asians prefer the slight bow. Another reason they have better Covid numbers.

Harris wipes her hand after shaking hands with South Korean President Moon Jae. Poor guy politely submits to western custom, then gets dissed.
May 23rd, 2021 at 7:16:08 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Tanko
Shaking hands should end. Asians prefer the slight bow. Another reason they have better Covid numbers.

Harris wipes her hand after shaking hands with South Korean President Moon Jae. Poor guy politely submits to western custom, then gets dissed.

I laugh at how everyone is told to cough and sneeze into their elbow, supposedly to keep our hands clean. Now we have everyone touching elbow the dirtiest part of our body rather than shaking hands, trust the experts. There are few if any cases from touching surfaces or body parts the transmission is overwhelmingly through the air the cleaning protocols were mostly useless.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 24th, 2021 at 7:12:56 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Went to a major league baseball game Saturday. My Rangers beat the Astros. Sellout crowd.

Feeling Good Again - Robert Earl Keen

Standin there on Main Street across from Mr. Blues
My faded leather jacket my weathered brogan shoes
A chill north wind was blowin but the Spring was comin on
As I wondered to myself just how long I had been gone

So I strolled across ol Main Street walked down a flight of stairs
Stepped into a hall and saw all my friends were there
A neon sign was flashing welcome come on in
It feels so good feeling good again
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
May 25th, 2021 at 7:10:49 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: missedhervee
Insurance companies should deny coverage for covid-necessitated treatment to people who had the chance to get the vaccine but refused to do so.

Plus make their family bear the freight of burying them, not the gov't.

Should insurance companies not cover smoking related illnesses?
Should insurance companies not cover obesity related disease?
Should insurance companies not cover treatment for STDs?

As long as you agree with my 3, I'll agree with your one... ok?
May 25th, 2021 at 7:14:39 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I'm going to a Blue Jays baseball game in a week or so. My son went online and bought the tickets..... in a "vaccinated" section. I will need to show my Excelsior Pass to prove I've been vaccinated. There are entire 'unvaccinated sections'. Sounds like Cuomo hasn't learned much from his killing of the thousands of nursing home patients.....
May 25th, 2021 at 8:12:33 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Should insurance companies not cover smoking related illnesses?
Should insurance companies not cover obesity related disease?
Should insurance companies not cover treatment for STDs?

As long as you agree with my 3, I'll agree with your one... ok?

Nope.

No comparison.

You're literally only required to take a vaccine.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 25th, 2021 at 9:58:38 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Vaccination against covid should be required.
May 25th, 2021 at 10:15:56 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
Vaccination against covid should be required.

Absolutely not.

(I'm guessing finding a middle ground on this one will be difficult.)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman