But he mostly meets with guys.

Same.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 25th, 2021 at 12:16:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
That's not an unconditional right.

That argument for pro-choice is only allowed under very specific circumstances. In fact opponents have done as much as possible to limit it more and more.

That is not the way the left puts it. I always hear "my body, my choice" is unconditional from Democrats.

For the vax it is even more true to my body, my choice as my choice is a negative choice, I do not want changes to my body.
The President is a fink.
May 25th, 2021 at 12:35:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
That is not the way the left puts it. I always hear "my body, my choice" is unconditional from Democrats.

For the vax it is even more true to my body, my choice as my choice is a negative choice, I do not want changes to my body.

Coronavirus isn't a disease that only poses a risk to only you. If it were I'd have no issue with it.

For instance, you can go put a bullet in your head if you want. But I don't think that includes the right to do it in front of a crowd where when the bullet exits it might kill an additional person also. That's what you're doing with the coronavirus. The vaccines won't save everyone who takes it, and some legitimately won't be able to take it and we'll still have to deal with variants.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 25th, 2021 at 1:04:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Coronavirus isn't a disease that only poses a risk to only you. If it were I'd have no issue with it.

For instance, you can go put a bullet in your head if you want. But I don't think that includes the right to do it in front of a crowd where when the bullet exits it might kill an additional person also. That's what you're doing with the coronavirus. The vaccines won't save everyone who takes it, and some legitimately won't be able to take it and we'll still have to deal with variants.

So if it is so ineffective then why on earth should I take the risks of taking it?
The President is a fink.
May 25th, 2021 at 1:22:30 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

So if it is so ineffective then why on earth should I take the risks of taking it?

The vaccines are incredibly effective. You’re just grasping at straws.

I fully support your desire to not protect yourself from COVID. Just stay away from the rest of us, and don’t seek medical attention if you do get sick. It’s only fair.
May 27th, 2021 at 4:15:14 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Requiring a vaccine would not be without precedent. I believe everyone was required to get a smallpox vaccine, and polio as well. And I am pretty sure there are required childhood vaccinations, some routinely given at birth.

I do not think if someone is stupid enough to refuse the vaccine that they should be forced to get one. I am also ok with a private business, like a cruise line, from requiring its workers and guests to be vaccinated, as long as the policy is clear and enforced. I am (as a vaccinated person) far more worried about the full parking lot at my local brewery/distillery bar than I am about COVID-19.
May 27th, 2021 at 5:00:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
Requiring a vaccine would not be without precedent. I believe everyone was required to get a smallpox vaccine, and polio as well. And I am pretty sure there are required childhood vaccinations, some routinely given at birth.

I do not think if someone is stupid enough to refuse the vaccine that they should be forced to get one. I am also ok with a private business, like a cruise line, from requiring its workers and guests to be vaccinated, as long as the policy is clear and enforced. I am (as a vaccinated person) far more worried about the full parking lot at my local brewery/distillery bar than I am about COVID-19.

Smallpox and Polio were far more lethal than the current china virus. A better correlation would be forcing an annual flu shot.

Buffalo Brew Pub has tight parking no matter what.
The President is a fink.
May 27th, 2021 at 10:49:29 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Smallpox and Polio were far more lethal than the current china virus. A better correlation would be forcing an annual flu shot.

Buffalo Brew Pub has tight parking no matter what.

It would fall somewhere between forcing a flu shot and a polio shot.

I don’t go to Buffalo Brew Pub at all anymore. So many better options have opened up!
May 28th, 2021 at 8:23:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m in Vegas right now.

It’s like COVID never happened.

At this point, the only Americans left dealing with it are these idiots:

May 29th, 2021 at 8:59:12 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Huge spike on 26th & 27th of May. Well over 1000 people died on the 27th. Worst days since April 7th when over 2500 people died.