No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 23rd, 2021 at 3:11:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Vaccines have been working EXACTLY as touted! Substantial decrease in likelihood of catching COVID-19, AND, if infected substantially better survival rates.

NO ONE EVER SAID THE VACCINES WERE GOING TO BE 100% EFFECTIVE.

My wife keeps asking me why there are that many people stupid enough to refuse the vaccine. I can’t give her a cogent answer.

Quote: Evenbob
Really? You can't tell her they were never tested for long-term side effects and nobody knows what's coming? There will be long-term effects but nobody knows what they are because it hasn't been long-term yet. This is what four or five medical people have told me who have refused to get vaccinated. If you got vaccinated you're basically a guinea pig.

+1.

Let me ask you, why were some Navy guys stupidly staying on their ship when others were out swimming after they did a nuclear blast nearby? It was a beautiful day, why not jump in and enjoy themselves? I mean, the government would not have let them swim there if there was a danger of all the nuclear fallout in the water, right?

You could easily give her that answer as EB and myself have explained it here for 8 months or more now. And guess what, given how they are recommending all these booster shots it appears we have had good reason as the shot is not as effective as they said. So we are seeing that the rushed out vax has not been tested as much as would be ideal at least in that regard so we do not know what else will come out later.

I repeat it again. Look at how many healthcare workers are being threatened with their jobs if they do not take it. These people are the most informed about health issues. Then ask yourself why so many of them have such reservations about it.

Then ask if you should use the word "stupid" to describe them.
The President is a fink.
November 23rd, 2021 at 5:10:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
Vaccines have been working EXACTLY as touted! Substantial decrease in likelihood of catching COVID-19, AND, if infected substantially better survival rates.

NO ONE EVER SAID THE VACCINES WERE GOING TO BE 100% EFFECTIVE.

My wife keeps asking me why there are that many people stupid enough to refuse the vaccine. I can’t give her a cogent answer.

God said not to take it…somewhere. Just don’t ask where. They don’t know either.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 23rd, 2021 at 5:13:09 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
Really? You can't tell her they were never tested for long-term side effects and nobody knows what's coming? There will be long-term effects but nobody knows what they are because it hasn't been long-term yet. This is what four or five medical people have told me who have refused to get vaccinated. If you got vaccinated you're basically a guinea pig.

This one’s fine with me. You have to put your chips on one side or the other, and as far as I can tell, a long term side effect of Covid frequently enough seems to be death. That said, this is a position that I would not say is wrong because I don’t know yet. I think these concerns will likely be mostly unfounded, but I obviously can’t know.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 23rd, 2021 at 5:35:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
God said not to take it…somewhere. Just don’t ask where. They don’t know either.

He did? Well, glad to see he agrees with me.
The President is a fink.
November 23rd, 2021 at 5:37:24 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
I repeat it again. Look at how many healthcare workers are being threatened with their jobs if they do not take it. These people are the most informed about health issues. Then ask yourself why so many of them have such reservations about it.

Then ask if you should use the word "stupid" to describe them.

This is not necessarily true. I am not saying medical people know "nothing" but their knowledge of "everything" is not as vast as you think. They know their areas of practice (usually!) extremely well. Many are geniuses and know so much...but to really know a subject you have to read a whole lot of stuff about the issue with an OPEN MIND about potential issues.

Just yesterday an FNP (Family, specialized in Cardiology) at the cardiologist's office thought my wife would automatically know about some rare complication of heart ablation patients just because she is an PNP (Pedi). Of course she didn't know about it. Doctors are taught more, but they don't remember every single thing about every body system. Heck, my wife knows some of the areas better just based on having a lot of patients with a specific issue and the doctor having very few.

So...there may be well-studied medical people who object to the vaccine. There are also likely just as many, if not more, that have heard something somewhere and decided that they object to the vaccine.

Some of them also object because they survived the onslaught and think that they are safe or safe with meds if they get it. Some may have had Covid and object because the government does little to figure out natural immunity.

I am not saying people can't object and refuse the vaccine....just that their decisions may not be as informed as you give them credit for being. They can still object, of course.
November 23rd, 2021 at 5:43:16 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
He did? Well, glad to see he agrees with me.

No, I'm making fun of the people claiming a religious exemption.
November 23rd, 2021 at 5:54:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Mission146
No, I'm making fun of the people claiming a religious exemption.

There should be no need for one. "Because I do not want it" should be all that is required.
The President is a fink.
November 23rd, 2021 at 6:00:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC
This is not necessarily true. I am not saying medical people know "nothing" but their knowledge of "everything" is not as vast as you think. They know their areas of practice (usually!) extremely well. Many are geniuses and know so much...but to really know a subject you have to read a whole lot of stuff about the issue with an OPEN MIND about potential issues.

I am not saying that every medical person is totally informed about anything medical. I am saying they are in the medical field and thus should have seen enough that if so many are so adamant about not getting it that a reasonable person should ask "why."

Sort of like if auto mechanics you know say they will not buy Chrysler products. They may not all know everything about every Chrysler, but you have to start asking why they have such reservations.
The President is a fink.
November 23rd, 2021 at 6:18:25 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
There should be no need for one. "Because I do not want it" should be all that is required.

Obviously. I meant in the context of discussing the matter on a message board, or elsewhere.
November 23rd, 2021 at 6:49:34 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

That’s fine. As long as you accept that the government can establish laws preventing you from working in certain fields, attending certain events, etc.. I support your right not to be vaccinated. As far as your statement that you know healthcare workers who don’t want the shot, so do I. Yes, they are stupid. They cannot understand that the risk of non vaccination FAR exceeds the benefit of vaccination. To me it is not complex. And it is quite obvious. And not close. So those healthcare workers are thus stupid.