No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 27th, 2021 at 5:21:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"It's all speculation at this stage. It may be it's highly transmissible, but so far the cases we are seeing are extremely mild," Coetzee said. "Maybe two weeks from now I will have a different opinion, but this is what we are seeing. So are we seriously worried? No. We are concerned and we watch what's happening."

This is from a doctor who has treated Omicron patients. The number one symptom is debilitating fatigue but the virus itself doesn't seem to be deadly. I know for both my wife and me fatigue was the worst part when we had covid. My wife still has it and so do I a year-and-a-half later. I can't be up for longer than 5 hours without taking a nap. And I never took naps before covid.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 27th, 2021 at 6:07:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: kenarman
Living in a small town going to the grocery store is a major social experience. Always see friends and people we know. Everyone always stops and chats sometimes for 15 minutes or more. Who wants to be a hermit locked up in their house?
We liked personal shopping, sometimes in Kodiak you couldn't get out of Safeway with a quart of milk in less than a half hour because you would run into so many people you knew and everyone wanted to catch up.
I liked it here, picking each item. Especially produce or meat. We physically can't make the trip anymore. So "Instacart" has been a life extender for us.

Going to the store is like going out on a date now. My wife drives and I look out the windows like a Labrador.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 27th, 2021 at 6:14:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
"It's all speculation at this stage. It may be it's highly transmissible, but so far the cases we are seeing are extremely mild," Coetzee said. "Maybe two weeks from now I will have a different opinion, but this is what we are seeing. So are we seriously worried? No. We are concerned and we watch what's happening."

This is from a doctor who has treated Omicron patients. The number one symptom is debilitating fatigue but the virus itself doesn't seem to be deadly. I know for both my wife and me fatigue was the worst part when we had covid. My wife still has it and so do I a year-and-a-half later. I can't be up for longer than 5 hours without taking a nap. And I never took naps before covid.
I think a symptom of something? is chronic fatigue. I never napped. My average night sleep was between 5 and 7 hours all my life. Six was plenty, why waste away sleeping was my thinking. If you sleep 8 hours per night and live to 60, you've slept 20 years, but if you sleep 6 hours per night, you've only slept 15 years. That's five years to do what with you want. This chronic fatigue has got me pinned to the mattress like an elephant sitting on my chest.

So, I'm researching natural help for cfs. So far, I think Ubiquinol [CoQ10] looks good along with another nutrient NADH? I don't see how at this stage it can hurt me any.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 27th, 2021 at 7:03:07 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Hmmmm,

Botswana Records Four New Covid-19 Variant Cases, all 4 individuals fully vaccinated

Quote:
On November 25, the Botswanan COVID-19 Task Force reported four new cases of the COVID variant B.1.1.529. All four cases were detected in travelers through routine PCR testing. They noted something interesting about all four cases:
“The preliminary report revealed that all four had been fully vaccinated for COVID-19.”

Let's go Brandon
November 27th, 2021 at 11:14:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob

Sounds like maybe I’ve had Covid since my college years: I friggin love to nap. People know not to bother me on weekend afternoons cause I’ll be napping.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 28th, 2021 at 5:32:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter
Hmmmm,

Trumpers hate the life saving vaccine so much, they are desperately searching small villages in Africa for proof it does not save lives. I'm stunned over the hate of a life saving tool for the planet
The hate for a vaccine is just bizarre
If ivermectin won't work, they don't want anything to work simply due to political hate
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 28th, 2021 at 5:57:32 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Trumpers hate the life saving vaccine so much, they are desperately searching small villages in Africa for proof it does not save lives. I'm stunned over the hate of a life saving tool for the planet
If ivermectin won't work, they don't want anything to work simply due to political hate

Then they aren't really "Trumpers" as you would suggest. True "Trumpers" would get the vaccine because most every leader, even ones who allow for individual choice--and including Trump, have encouraged vaccination.

You do know that there is vaccine hesitancy in many different populations, yet you repeat the same tired stuff tine and time again. Biden is not defeating vaccine hesitancy in populations that largely voted for him. How about calling that out, too? I think everyone should be vaccinated but I do not want them tied to a table and force vaccinated.
November 28th, 2021 at 5:59:00 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Sounds like maybe I’ve had Covid since my college years: I friggin love to nap. People know not to bother me on weekend afternoons cause I’ll be napping.

You have likely had more than a couple of Covid viruses over the years...maybe you have a long Covid napping reaction from one of them!
November 28th, 2021 at 6:11:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
Then they aren't really "Trumpers" as you would suggest. True "Trumpers" would get the vaccine because most every leader, even ones who allow for individual choice--and including Trump, have encouraged vaccination.

You do know that there is vaccine hesitancy in many different populations, yet you repeat the same tired stuff tine and time again. Biden is not defeating vaccine hesitancy in populations that largely voted for him. How about calling that out, too? I think everyone should be vaccinated but I do not want them tied to a table and force vaccinated.

Nothing Biden can do about vaccine hate
Just look at this board
fleaswatter is desperately searching remote villages in Africa for any evidence to fuel his vaccine hatred
You can't make this stuff up
Its really telling the lengths the vaccine haters go
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 28th, 2021 at 7:28:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined

Fleaswatter is vaxxed so his posts casting doubt the vaccines are particularly bizarre. Guess he just has to play the part for his fellow tribe members or something.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman