No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

November 27th, 2021 at 10:56:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: OnceDear

I'm with EvenBob on this. Mask up, FFP3 / N95 at the ready and stay away from church. Stay away from other household members too, if they won't bug in.
Put a moat around the bunker and fill it with neat bleach, and even family have to swim through it to get in or out $:o)

Luckily I live alone. And I can have all my groceries either delivered or I can do curbside pickup at Walmart and a couple other stores. The only place I really have to go is I have a doctors appointment on December 14th but they're pretty strict in keeping the place safe. I don't mind staying home, I don't like going anywhere in the winter. Pain in the ass. Snowing today we're supposed to get to 2 to 4 in. No thanks
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 27th, 2021 at 11:53:12 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Luckily I live alone. And I can have all my groceries either delivered or I can do curbside pickup at Walmart and a couple other stores. The only place I really have to go is I have a doctors appointment on December 14th but they're pretty strict in keeping the place safe. I don't mind staying home, I don't like going anywhere in the winter. Pain in the ass. Snowing today we're supposed to get to 2 to 4 in. No thanks
76 on the patio, just me and my wife watching the Mich. Ohio game.

I'm glad someone else gets groceries delivered.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 27th, 2021 at 1:03:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
November 27th, 2021 at 1:04:33 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: petroglyph
I'm glad someone else gets groceries delivered.

I doubt shopping will ever be the same again.
I would never have considered home delivery until covid, but now I've tried it, I can't see myself going back. I don't know what you guys pay, but for $46 + tips I get a years worth of deliveries to my door. Currently once per week. That one weekly delivery is supplemented by an infrequent 'Meat shopping visit' because I like to choose my own meat. What I lose in the ability to 'shop around' I gain by saving on petrol and time. With that and Amazon prime, I can go months without shopping trips.
Chatting to the many delivery drivers, it seems the stores are forever recruiting and it seems a half decent job for whoever wants one.
November 27th, 2021 at 2:10:38 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Shopping is the same for me. I go to the store, look around and select the items I want. I can count on one hand the number of items I have bought for myself online in the last five years. The only time I buy anything online is if I absolutely know that no store around me has it or can get it in, even if a store is out of something, I just wait until the thing is back in stock or don't buy it.

Of course, besides groceries, I buy very few things. You'd have liked being one of my kids, Christmas presents these days consist of straight cash---I figure they know what they want better than I do.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 27th, 2021 at 2:31:41 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
Shopping is the same for me. I go to the store, look around and select the items I want. I can count on one hand the number of items I have bought for myself online in the last five years. The only time I buy anything online is if I absolutely know that no store around me has it or can get it in, even if a store is out of something, I just wait until the thing is back in stock or don't buy it.

Of course, besides groceries, I buy very few things. You'd have liked being one of my kids, Christmas presents these days consist of straight cash---I figure they know what they want better than I do.

I enjoy going to the grocery store. I am the guy that walks up and down every single aisle. Other than groceries I buy almost everything online.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 27th, 2021 at 2:49:48 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Living in a small town going to the grocery store is a major social experience. Always see friends and people we know. Everyone always stops and chats sometimes for 15 minutes or more. Who wants to be a hermit locked up in their house?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 27th, 2021 at 3:04:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
I enjoy going to the grocery store. I am the guy that walks up and down every single aisle. Other than groceries I buy almost everything online.

Likewise I prefer doing grocery shopping in person. I think of what I need and find things as I shop. I think it matters if the shopper likes to cook or not.
The President is a fink.
November 27th, 2021 at 3:17:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: OnceDear
I doubt shopping will ever be the same again.
I would never have considered home delivery until covid, but now I've tried it, I can't see myself going back. I don't know what you guys pay, but for $46 + tips I get a years worth of deliveries to my door. Currently once per week.

I get as many deliveries as I want from Walmart for $11.99 a month. Well worth it. Walmart is looking to get out of the retail store business entirely and go just warehouse to home delivery like Amazon. It's much more efficient and way cheaper for them then paying an average of 400 employees per store. Everybody around here delivers now. Lowe's, Home Depot, another grocery store chain. One big perk would be no shoplifting. This is the way it used to be in 1900. You would send your kid to the local market with a list and they would deliver your groceries to your house. Or they had a standing order from you. You ran a tab and paid once a month. Now we're going back to that again. I went to Walmart last week and was appalled at how much time it took to drive to the store, do my shopping, check out, and drive home. The whole thing took over an hour. When I get a delivery I just bring the groceries in from the deck put them away and I'm done in 5 minutes.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 27th, 2021 at 4:40:36 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3