No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

January 3rd, 2022 at 7:21:06 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: petroglyph
Did you get any noticeable sickness with any or all of the vaccine shots, or your wife if I may ask?

I got a little sick with my second Pfizer, one of my docs says it was a good sign, that my body was recognizing it as an enemy?

My wife had no reaction at all to any shots. I was tired for 3 or 4 days after the 2nd shot and nothing but a slightly sore arm from the booster.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 3rd, 2022 at 3:31:04 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: kenarman
My wife had no reaction at all to any shots. I was tired for 3 or 4 days after the 2nd shot and nothing but a slightly sore arm from the booster.

i was fortunate, i didnt have any symptoms after any of my three shots.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 4th, 2022 at 5:38:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Anti Vaxer almost won a Herman Cain award
Now supports vaccines
Amazing how almost winning a Hernan Cain award changes minds.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/03/us/covid-19-survivor-supports-vaccines-trnd/index.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 4th, 2022 at 6:08:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Anti Vaxer almost won a Herman Cain award
Now supports vaccines
Amazing how almost winning a Hernan Cain award changes minds.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/03/us/covid-19-survivor-supports-vaccines-trnd/index.html

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 4th, 2022 at 7:57:02 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
President Biden is a dismal failure at "stopping the virus"...but I really didn't expect him to do that. That is likely something no President could do.

Some of the leftist/liberal/progressive/Democrats on this board continue to white wash his failures to even do the minimums and constantly retort stiff like "why didn't you call out the last guy" or "what you do expect him to do".

I did call out the last guy, and so did you guys. I thought that he harmed the process by trying to be the story. He also did some good things, for which those folks give him little or no credit.

This President made a point of how he was going to bring more adult leadership to the process. He has done a horrible job. He is not out front, leading the charge...he is still in the basement . I don't know for sure if he turned down the proposal Vox said was made months ago, but I am 100% sure that his singular focus on the vaccine and dividing the country further politically has cost us the opportunity to get ahead of the game on testing and on providing treatments.

They also slowed/stopped the delivery of monoclonal treatments because it was not as effective against the latest variant before they actually knew for sure that variant had become dominant. The numbers they had were wrong and they put people at risk by leaving folks that may have had the Delta variant without that treatment option.

The CDC/NIH/Whoever team is consistently behind the science and not providing all of the available science. They are turning out to be political hacks who shape the science to their intended message.

I
January 4th, 2022 at 8:19:29 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC

This President made a point of how he was going to bring more adult leadership to the process.

He is being an adult
There is nothing he can do about righties determined to win a Herman Cain award
Just look at this board
Everybody on the left agree Trump won 2016 and lost 2020. The left lives in the real world
Can't say that about the right on this board.
Members on this board belive Trump won in a landslide 2020
Thats extremely telling.
Not only that but they totally dismiss Soopoo and his vaccine facts even though Soopoo leans right
Nothing the President can do about the base living in a fantasy world.
Don't even have to search the internet, they post right here against vaccines and Trump won 2020. Must be millions of them living in a fantasy world.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 4th, 2022 at 8:30:11 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
He is being an adult
Just look at this board
Everybody on the left agree President Biden won
Members on this board belive Trump won in a landslide
Thats extremely telling
Not only that but they totally dismiss Soopoo and his vaccine facts.
Don't even have to search the internet, they post right here. Must be millions of them living in a fantasy world.

Yet another reply ignoring the fact that he CAN do some things and has failed to to do them--like making testing more widespread and easier. He admitted such and yet you ignore it and just post the same "there is nothing he can do....".

He oversees teams at CDC/NIH that provides an incoherent message. He could take charge.

I am not asking him to save a particular base. I am asking him to work harder, push for new treatments, keep us informed, get tests out, find out about how long one has protection after being infected or vaccinated and keep us updates. His main job is herding all the cats and putting together and evolving plan to help the country, and world, through the pandemic.

I'm not asking him to fix what he can't fix...I am asking him to do the things he can.

Just keep blaming his failure to do the things he can do on others.
January 4th, 2022 at 8:39:27 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
At this point, Biden should just keep doing everything the same.

It’s mainly the Trumpsters killing themselves in the name of freedom. Let them.

Might help in the midterms/2024 if there’s less of them around.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 4th, 2022 at 8:42:26 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
He is being an adult
Just look at this board
Everybody on the left agree Trump won 2016 and lost 2020. The left lives in the real world
Members on this board belive Trump won in a landslide 2020
Thats extremely telling.
Not only that but they totally dismiss Soopoo and his vaccine facts even though Soopoo leans right
Don't even have to search the internet, they post right here against vaccines and Trump won 2020. Must be millions of them living in a fantasy world.

Just for the record, and not to speak for anyone, but I don't consider SOOPOO, DRich, MrV or myself, "On the left," but I believe that the four of us also agree that Trump won in 2016 and lost in 2020, unless I am missing something.

As far as the Far Right is concerned, many of them are Evangelical Christians, so living in a fantasy world is not a concept particularly foreign to them, nor is believing things without any proof whatsoever.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 4th, 2022 at 8:53:46 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mission146
Just for the record, and not to speak for anyone, but I don't consider SOOPOO, DRich, MrV or myself, "On the left," but I believe that the four of us also agree that Trump won in 2016 and lost in 2020, unless I am missing something.

Everybody on the left on this board agrees Trump lost 2020
Not everybody on this board on the right can agree Trump lost 2020
This was the point I was making
Better :-)

The real point I am making.
No left wing extremists on this board. Facts are facts.
Multiple right wing extremists on this board that can't accept facts