1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

February 3rd, 2023 at 9:15:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DoubleGold
I'd say rarely, but possible.

If he really had remorse, I'd expect an apology to all those that could have been harmed as a result of the offense.

I give someone credit if they are trying, not if they're perfect. People who don't try, or pretend, or even pretend to be perfect, I give no credit at all.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 3rd, 2023 at 9:22:40 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I look at the motive.

So it could be he's acting for the vote, his conscience, etc.

That's better than nothing, I agree.

Fake it until we make it right?
February 3rd, 2023 at 11:46:47 AM permalink
DoubleGold
A Newsweek opinion editorial written by a college student working on his doctorate in medical school.

Generally, these folks didn't know what to tell us.

I didn't know and still don't know.

But being censored is what I sensed.

That was the giveaway.

I knew something wasn't right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID and It Cost Lives
Most of us did not speak up in support of alternative views, and many of us tried to suppress them. When strong scientific voices like world-renowned Stanford professors John Ioannidis, Jay Bhattacharya, and Scott Atlas, or University of California San Francisco professors Vinay Prasad and Monica Gandhi, sounded the alarm on behalf of vulnerable communities, they faced severe censure by relentless mobs of critics and detractors in the scientific community—often not on the basis of fact but solely on the basis of differences in scientific opinion.
https://www.newsweek.com/its-time-scientific-community-admit-we-were-wrong-about-coivd-it-cost-lives-opinion-1776630
February 3rd, 2023 at 12:30:38 PM permalink
rxwine
I'm sure if the critics of covid policy had been in charge, it would have been apparent they were geniuses because no one would have complained about anything, and they wouldn't make any mistakes.

That's sarcasm, btw.

Aside from that, can you really run a coherent policy as a platform like you would in research lab? The public would be confused if we were given every alternative equal weight. Let's give equal weight to flat Earth ideas as well as global Earth. Great for democracy maybe, but awful for some sort of coherent movement in one direction that you need to try to get a disease under control.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 3rd, 2023 at 12:46:22 PM permalink
DoubleGold
If a group of government scientists were trying to sell me on circular Earth, the octagonal Earthers cannot be censored.

It's very simple to me.

I want to be able to choose.

Show me your data.
February 3rd, 2023 at 12:51:40 PM permalink
rxwine
If a group of government scientists were trying to sell me on circular Earth, the octagonal Earthers cannot be censored.

It's very simple to me.

I want to be able to choose.

Show me your data.

If you feel like slogging through this entire thread, I seriously doubt you will find any previous covid info supposedly censored. If it's censored how is it here? How did it get in the news anywhere? Everything I ever heard suggested came up.
February 3rd, 2023 at 1:00:46 PM permalink
DoubleGold
I don't imply Covid censorship here.

Sorry, I didn't make that clear.

I had to go outside the MSM, big tech, and the government to find opposing opinions.

They control most of the data.

So it was difficult.

I would find little pieces of info that resonated as truth occasionally.

Like a medical doctor losing his license.

I definitely wanted to read his stuff.
February 3rd, 2023 at 7:10:52 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
For clarity, the "N" word used was not Negro.

Sounds to me like the image on his desk could be a decoy.

If it were a decoy, it could make sense.

Using the image as a cover.

If he really is not racist, how does a person justify using the "N" word?

Are you saying every person who ever used the ‘N ‘ word is racist? I play basketball with a bunch of Black guys and I’ve heard them call each other the ‘N’ word more times than I can count. Some take offense and make it known. As far as white people using the ‘N’ word, my magic lie detector would find that many of your progressive leaders have used it at some time in their lives.

I of course have no way to know or prove it, but if you offered my $1 million if I had to bet whether, say, Gavin Newsom, ever used the ‘N’ word, I’d bet yes. Heck, I’d even bet Trump has, too!
February 4th, 2023 at 3:22:51 AM permalink
DoubleGold
SOOPOO, Here is the sentence I wrote:

"Because there's an older video of him using the "N" word, plus a pic celebrating with a known KKK member that was a politician (Byrd)."

I addressed two events, not only the one event you are addressing, but I will reply like it was one event.

There could be many similar events for him but those two is all it took for me to be convinced of my suspicion, so I quit looking.

The answer is no IMO.

It would depend on the context.

I consider a politician to be in a slightly different category in addition to the broad human category.

I have not researched Newsom nor Trump for similar offenses.

I never suspected those two for racism.

But if I did and I found proof, and the person didn't apologize to those offended, then I would not include them as being fit for running for public office.

I'd consider the case a little differently if the person apologized to those offended.
February 4th, 2023 at 3:59:13 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Tanko
I don't believe there is a caucasian majority in the US.

Certainly not in NYC, where caucasians are second or possibly third, behind latinos and a fast growing Asian population.

This is Biden in 2015, claiming that in 2017, whites would be an absolute minority in America. "And that's a good thing"

According to the census bureau of 2021 estimates:

White alone, percent 39.8%
Black or African American alone, percent(a) 23.4%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent(a) 0.5%
Asian alone, percent(a) 14.2%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent(a) 0.1%
Two or More Races, percent 7.1%
Hispanic or Latino, percent(b) 28.9%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent 31.9%
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.