6 mg butt kicking

Page 1 of 81234>Last »
February 18th, 2020 at 12:14:15 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I quit smoking cigarettes almost 40 years ago, but have not totally given up tobacco. This may be unusual, but I was able to wean off cigarettes by chewing snuff; Copenhagen was my brand. 

Eventually I gave that up too, perhaps the main reason was the messiness of spitting. Occasionally I indulge in a cigar now, maybe twice a month but more often sometimes. And I have been using Snus once in a while, which is snuff in a pouch that supposedly you don't have to spit to use. However, I found I want to spit at least at first, and I haven't used it much at all. 

Today I tried this new product called Zyn, something that comes in a pouch and has no tobacco at all. The only warning that comes with it is that it contains nicotine, pointing out that it is addictive. However, let me give you a warning! I stuck a pouch in my cheek and got one hell of a jolt! I mean to tell you I got clobbered! I got rid of it after about 5 minutes and was still quite dizzy and slightly nauseous. I do not get such an effect with a cigar or regular snuff without plenty of warning I might be overdoing it. That would be by smoking a big cigar down to a snub, or leaving snuff in my cheek for 20 minutes or more, and in any case nothing like this! Now, I do think that part of the problem is that I don't use tobacco that much, so that does mean I get more of an effect than someone who uses tobacco regularly. And I picked the 6 mg nicotine version - not knowing that I should have picked the 3 mg it seems.

You have been warned! And you can skip the rest of this unless interested in details. 

There is no warning about cancer or other health affects, just the thing about addiction. I picked spearmint flavor, there are several others similar-sounding to me. I immediately got a tingle, more than a tingle really, I think you can say it was hot like a hot pepper - but not exactly. I was moving it around with my tongue and decided you don't want to do that, it really burns the tongue but is tolerable if you just keep it in your cheek. Until the nicotine hits that is. I guess if you are a regular user of tobacco you won't get into the situation I did, but I mean to tell you I don't know if I might just throw this away and try the 3 mg version - or I will hardly be able to use it at all. I don't want to develop a tolerance for the nicotine by using it until I am used to it. I want something I can use once in a while. One of the things I appreciate is that tobacco kills off appetite for me, and I am back into trying to lose some weight.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 18th, 2020 at 12:27:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I’ll be trying that right after the Tide Pod challenge.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 18th, 2020 at 1:52:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I don't have the foggiest idea why people get hooked on tobacco in the 1st place
I knew all the dangers growing up so I never smoked tobacco. It was a well known danger.
Why start? Who wants cancer?
Do people really think it makes them look cool? Seems absurd to me
Whats cool is living a life without lung cancer
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 18th, 2020 at 2:26:42 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
I don't have the foggiest idea why people get hooked on tobacco in the 1st place
I knew all the dangers growing up so I never smoked tobacco. It was a well known danger.

Some of us would rather be happy today and dead tomorrow than to have never been happy.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 18th, 2020 at 2:36:48 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

Many of us like nicotine. I would argue it's the most productive drug. Better than caffeine.

I love nicotine, but most people don't know I use it, so it's certainly not to look cool. I use snus (small spotless pouches), you can have full on conversations right to somebody's face, and they would never know you are using tobacco.

I've smoked cigarettes before, but I think dip was the first tobacco product I tried (I bought a can after turning 18, out of curiosity).
February 18th, 2020 at 3:15:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: DRich
Some of us would rather be happy today and dead tomorrow than to have never been happy.

I only try things the first time now when I think the risk is really low for a long term addiction or health problem. Like Peruvian squash. I've never had Peruvian squash, but I suspect it's probably in that safe zone.

Already went down the path of trying things I should have just stayed away from.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't take any risks though because there might be a bigger upside than downside to consider.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 18th, 2020 at 3:54:01 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich

I agree, that's why I smoke MJ
But
Nicotine does nothing for me compared to MJ
Does nicotine make people happy?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 18th, 2020 at 4:34:45 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: odiousgambit
... tobacco kills off appetite for me, and I am back into trying to lose some weight.
Congratulations. It sounds like you came really close to killing off appetite permanently.

Did you know that Zyn is an artificial lipid used to deliver substances thru a cell membrane with a potent jolt. Rheumy docs would be most familiar with it and its extreme potency.

The spearmint is added to help protect liver and testis cells.
February 18th, 2020 at 5:28:15 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I agree, that's why I smoke MJ
But
Nicotine does nothing for me compared to MJ

I would assume so but that is just my general philosophy for life.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 18th, 2020 at 5:37:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Only to the extent that it alleviates a perceived deprivation of an acquired nicotine habit.
Page 1 of 81234>Last »