Stimulus

August 11th, 2020 at 6:32:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Back to the stimulus thread. Trump has just failed. Extending the bonus "I can get paid for not working even though there are millions of unfilled jobs" federal money, albeit at a slightly lower amount, is just a voter grab. So now the kid who was making $600 a week pre-pandemic will be getting $300 from New York State and $400 from the feds, so $700 for sitting at home as opposed to $600 for going to work? Talk about continuing the disincentive to getting back to work. Eliminating the payroll tax just puts the social security system that much closer to insolvency. More propping up failing businesses by just printing more money will have long term negative consequences. We need a Republican President. Trump isn't one. That being said, his failure is much better than the 5 times worse proposal by the Pelosi led liberal losers. At least McConnell is attempting to hold the line on mortgaging our future.

But you cannot have one with a media that will paint treating people like grown-ups as "mean" and a populus that is allowed to act as it does.

I will keep saying it. It is over for the USA. Enjoy the collapse while the Civil War comes. Look at expat retirement to keep safe. Just hope it all lasts thru your time. We had a good ride, but the liberalism planted in the 1960s is now weeds choking out the productive crops.

Anyone interested in an expat retirement thread?
The President is a fink.
August 11th, 2020 at 6:34:18 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman

Anyone interested in an expat retirement thread?

No. I may be an expat.... but it will be in either the Villages or Naples. There is a reason the rest of the world wants to come to the US, not the other way around.

Not sure of the formatting.... but somehow AZ and my posts were switched....
August 11th, 2020 at 6:48:58 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
SOOPOO, I’m not sure where you’re getting that $700 figure from. It’s $400 (300 from the federal govt, 100 from the state).

And here’s some required reading:

Studies debunk Mnuchin claim that $600 benefit is a disincentive to work

Quote:
"There is no question" the benefit is a disincentive, Steve Mnuchin claimed. At least six studies suggest otherwise
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 11th, 2020 at 7:28:58 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Loving the RV life
Last few nights in a rural area RV campground.
Was definitely in Trump country. Gas station selling Trump and confederate flags
Did a lengthy tow, 2 1/2 hours. Getting pretty comfortable towing a lot more weight.
Getting crummy gas mileage but that's to be expected. 11 MPG uggh
Gonna cost me a fortune to tow this to the west coast
Seems the the best MPG is when going 50 to 55 when flat. Transmission in highest 6 gear
If I go 65 to 70 which is typical, it drops to 5th gear to get more power and hence less MPG.
Towing, I dont speed to be safe, maximum is speed limit for me.
Just arrived in Tallahassee. Gonna see some sites here.

I am very interested in your travels. Could you tell us where you started and in which cities you have camped. I understand that you may want to leave each site before you disclose your location for privacy reasons.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 11th, 2020 at 9:11:30 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I am very interested in your travels. Could you tell us where you started and in which cities you have camped. I understand that you may want to leave each site before you disclose your location for privacy reasons.

Sure
I spent about 7 weeks at Tampa East RV park in Dover FL as I prepared the house to sell
For the final week in Tampa, stayed at Bay Bayou RV resort and closed on selling the house
Traveled about 90 min north of Tampa to Gulf Coast RV resort in Inglis FL and stayed there 3 nights checking out Indian mounds and downtown Cedar Key
Currently in Tallahassee. Spending a week here seeing the sites and then on to a Beach resort or Pensacola.
Beach resort wants about 250 a nite, I think I'll pass and check out Pensacola as I slowly make my way west
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 11th, 2020 at 9:50:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I think I'll pass and check out Pensacola as I slowly make my way west

All RV people head west, that's
where all the like minded RV'ers
are. People who like living in a
space the size of a large walk
in closet. My wife and I used
to tour the RV's at the mall if
they had the RV show when we
were there. We laughed and
laughed at $150K outfits that
were smaller than a motel room
inside. What people do to themselves
on purpose.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 11th, 2020 at 9:59:01 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
All RV people head west, that's
where all the like minded RV'ers
are. People who like living in a
space the size of a large walk
in closet. My wife and I used
to tour the RV's at the mall if
they had the RV show when we
were there. We laughed and
laughed at $150K outfits that
were smaller than a motel room
inside. What people do to themselves
on purpose.

You’d think EB would get the hint by now that trolling terapined about the RV life isn’t working. But here we are....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 11th, 2020 at 10:12:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I looked up driving with a low tank. There are more reasons not to do it according to the author. For instance, I didn’t know gasoline Is expected to work as a coolant also. The fuel pump runs hotter on a low tank.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 11th, 2020 at 12:37:55 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Loving the RV life
Getting crummy gas mileage but that's to be expected. 11 MPG uggh
Gonna cost me a fortune to tow this to the west coast
Uh oh, sure doesn't sound like he's "Loving the RV life"............

Quote: AZDuffman
Back to the stimulus thread. Trump has just failed. Extending the bonus "I can get paid for not working even though there are millions of unfilled jobs" federal money, albeit at a slightly lower amount, is just a voter grab. So now the kid who was making $600 a week pre-pandemic will be getting $300 from New York State and $400 from the feds, so $700 for sitting at home as opposed to $600 for going to work? Talk about continuing the disincentive to getting back to work. Eliminating the payroll tax just puts the social security system that much closer to insolvency. More propping up failing businesses by just printing more money will have long term negative consequences. We need a Republican President. Trump isn't one. That being said, his failure is much better than the 5 times worse proposal by the Pelosi led liberal losers. At least McConnell is attempting to hold the line on mortgaging our future.

But you cannot have one with a media that will paint treating people like grown-ups as "mean" and a populus that is allowed to act as it does.

I will keep saying it. It is over for the USA. Enjoy the collapse while the Civil War comes. Look at expat retirement to keep safe. Just hope it all lasts thru your time. We had a good ride, but the liberalism planted in the 1960s is now weeds choking out the productive crops.
Gotta agree with AZ again.

The Mainstream Media, Hollywood, Big Labor, liberal universities, and Big Tech (Google, Facebook, Apple, etc) have made it almost impossible for a Republican to succeed. They are literally the reason why this country will go straight down the toilet.

On the bright side, that just means that the country will collapse even faster, and we'll be able to rebuild it that much sooner. (Hopefully the libbies will all move away and destroy some other country)
August 11th, 2020 at 12:43:00 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Trump supporters starting to sound like Trump himself throughout the 2016 campaign...."America sucks".

Y'all can move anytime you want.