1 vote (5%)
1 vote (5%)
3 votes (15%)
2 votes (10%)

20 members have voted

May 27th, 2020 at 11:18:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Hey Terapined, you might want to see if you can renew your FL driver's license early if it's expiring soon before you go on the road. I think you get like 6 or 8 years after each renewal. Save you some hassle later if you can. (I don't know if you can, just thought you should check)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 27th, 2020 at 11:59:38 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Because I can't stand 'Ed', duh.
Isn't that fairly obvious?

Yep, it's very hard to like someone who goes around calling people "pedophiles". 🙄
May 27th, 2020 at 12:47:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Hey Terapined, you might want to see if you can renew your FL driver's license early if it's expiring soon before you go on the road. I think you get like 6 or 8 years after each renewal. Save you some hassle later if you can. (I don't know if you can, just thought you should check)

Drivers lisc expires 2024
Liking that
Went to the tax collectors office to turn in old RV plate and to see if I can renew sticker on truck plate and get a 2 year sticker. It expires Dec 4 2020 on registration.
Could not renew. Can only renew within 3 months of expiration.
Should have bought the 2 year sticker when I had the chance last time I renewed
Oh well
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 27th, 2020 at 1:03:55 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Its all a general plan. spend winter in AZ, then head east through middle of country via route 66 then toward FL.
I'm sure you can look online for similar minded travelers.

Quote:
I have hand carved Asian furniture I need to come back for. Coffee table, 2 chests and 2 end tables. None huge so it wont cost a lot to store.
Got to come back for those and deliver to my nephew in Baltimore. He really wants them.
Consider possibly buying one of those enclosed trailers that people only use a few times and get rid of them, they are secure and weather tight. That way, should a decision be made while out on the road, anyone with a two inch ball hitch can back up and tow it all away, no more loading. He can do it, you, a friend, hire someone? Then the trailer will sell easily wherever it goes. Might save a hassle of loading and unloading, packing everything at least a couple more times. Dents and scratches happen everytime things move. IDK, saved me handling stuff so much. And you can park undercover somewhere fairly cheap with a hitch lock for security?

Quote:
Who knows, I may travel only a few months and find paradise and stay there, may keep travelling. I don't really know what's in my future. I may live at a stop for a nite, few nites, week, month, a few months. who knows. Play it by ear.
I'm the perfect person for this. I live in a big place yet rarely utilize it.
IDK how big this one floor place is, but we only use about 1/3 of it. But it's 105 outside here at 1;00 and the ac is running almost full time.

Quote:
If I'm home and not sleeping or working, I spend 100% on my time in the kitchen. I have a kitchen table with my laptop, rolling comfortable chair. Put my feet up on another kitchen chair and I have a good sized TV in there. I rarely watch the big screen in the living room. I like cold drinks and food a chair roll away. Totally happy just staying in my kitchen whenever home watching TV, surfing internet, reading, video games.
I like the shape and size of those rv dinettes, for physical reasons I like your idea of being able to roll to another cold refreshment. I wish I could that easily use a microwave when I eat. I have to get up several times to reheat food because it takes me a long time to consume a meal.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 27th, 2020 at 1:20:00 PM permalink
rxwine
I went with over-the-air tv for a long time. With redbox you can rent a movie and drop it off in the next town since it doesn’t need to be returned to the same place.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 27th, 2020 at 5:14:58 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Let him be filled with hate
I don't care
On the flip side
Even though I disagree with EB
I would never hope something bad happens to him or any conservative on this site.
A lot of conservatives put up some great posts such as Petro. Kernar, Soo, Ron, drich ect
This would be a boring place if everybody agreed. I love the logical point counter point.
I wish all members on this site, even Shrek (so filled with hate for the left, sad), good health and I hope you all find happiness in your lives
I'm searching for my happiness, its a life long quest for all of us

Ed and I go after each other hard here. I always respect what he says because I know he believes everything he posts here in his heart. I 100% agree that the logical point/ counterpoint is WHY I post here.

I truly wish Ed success on his RV journey. It is a dream he has had, and he can now actually go for it! It's not for Bob. It's not for me. But it is for a lot of people! I am betting Ed is one of them.
May 27th, 2020 at 5:31:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
Ed and I go after each other hard here. I always respect what he says because I know he believes everything he posts here in his heart. I 100% agree that the logical point/ counterpoint is WHY I post here.

I truly wish Ed success on his RV journey. It is a dream he has had, and he can now actually go for it! It's not for Bob. It's not for me. But it is for a lot of people! I am betting Ed is one of them.

I could post lists of top 10 things RV'ers should know, but I'm sure he knows how to find such things.
May 27th, 2020 at 5:34:08 PM permalink
rxwine
SOOPOO you could just be getting off a cruise ship trapped on the ocean the last 100 days. Imagine the story you'd have to tell.
May 27th, 2020 at 5:56:36 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I like how they have incorporated the toy hauler into smaller motor homes. Seems like a neat way to ride your Harley in lots of scenic
places.https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2006-Thor-Motor-Coach-FOUR-WINDS-FUN-MOVER-31C-5011171162

Just like on boats also though, beam is everything. If you are going to use an rv for camping, the most nimble is the way to travel, or using one for travel.

If you are going to stay in one for long periods, you need the slide outs. The break up to the optics, not looking at just 4 walls.

And also like boats, no one boat is the best for all purposes. I think given the opportunity and everything associated with it, 5 different boats would be about choice

And no matter what, it is no fun at all driving a 40 footer through town, even worse if you are towing something. That would make you hate rv'ing for sure.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 27th, 2020 at 6:33:54 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
Let him be filled with hate
I don't care
On the flip side
Even though I disagree with EB
I would never hope something bad happens to him or any conservative on this site.
A lot of conservatives put up some great posts such as Petro. Kernar, Soo, Ron, drich ect
This would be a boring place if everybody agreed. I love the logical point counter point.
I wish all members on this site, even Shrek (so filled with hate for the left, sad), good health and I hope you all find happiness in your lives
I'm searching for my happiness, its a life long quest for all of us

Awww, so the guy who calls people "pedophiles" is now trying to act like he just wants to hold hands with everybody and sing Kumbaya???

Gimme a break! The smart people ain't buying it. 🙄
Page 20 of 21« First<1718192021>