The City on Fire

June 3rd, 2020 at 4:16:35 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Color me shocked!!!

I'm not. I am sure forces of extremes and criminals of all types instigate these things. ANTIFA has been doing it for years and I am sure the weirdo right has done it, too.
June 3rd, 2020 at 4:43:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
They were going to be, or already being moved, anyway. The church and another building were being brought into the perimeter.

The message was fine; people would gripe about anything he did that required "peaceful protesters" to be moved for protection of the President. He showed that he was not going to allow the not-so-peaceful idiots another opportunity to attack the church that Presidents visit.

I guess the "peaceful protesters" are allowed to toss stuff at folks. Not my definition of "peaceful"....

Just A Stunt. How many Christians never ask God for forgiveness?

Quote:
Late last year, Trump told Republican pollster and focus-group guru Frank Luntz that when the real-estate mogul has done something wrong, he tries to correct his error without getting God involved.

"I am not sure I have," Trump said when asked if he'd ever asked God for forgiveness. "I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2020 at 5:00:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Did Derek Chauvin's lawyer ever make a statement?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2020 at 6:42:02 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Did Derek Chauvin's lawyer ever make a statement?

If I was his lawyer I'd try and keep as low a profile as possible. Imagine his life expectancy if by some legal maneuvering he is able to get Chauvin off? I'd go with a few thousand dead in 'peaceful protest', as well as a few trillion in looted stores......
June 3rd, 2020 at 7:20:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
If I was his lawyer I'd try and keep as low a profile as possible. Imagine his life expectancy if by some legal maneuvering he is able to get Chauvin off? I'd go with a few thousand dead in 'peaceful protest', as well as a few trillion in looted stores......

I'm sure there are many defense attorneys who would love a really high profile case to make their name on --- BUT not this one. I imagine lots of public defenders in the area suddenly report in they've been exposed to COVID.
June 3rd, 2020 at 9:41:25 PM permalink
rxwine
One of the officers, (forget the name) is the most junior. Only a year out of the police academy. Did volunteer work with Somali children prior, and another similar volunteer. I'd suggest his lawyer argue a Milgram angle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

Some sympathy and reasonable doubt is what his lawyer needs to avoid a conviction or harsh sentence.

Only strike against that, is he is an older rookie.

Chauvin was the senior officer on the scene.
June 4th, 2020 at 9:13:21 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: RonC
The problem I have with the mainstream media reaction is that they are trying to pin the rioting and general lawlessness we are experiencing to the President. That is ridiculous.

President Trump did not start a single riot.
+1,000,000

Exactly! These libbies are unbelievable!

We have scores of Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' LIBBIE rioters wreaking havoc in LIBBIE cities that are run by LIBBIE politicians, yet somehow it's Trump's fault?!?!

PUH-LEEZ!!! 🙄
June 4th, 2020 at 7:30:17 PM permalink
rxwine
If you dress up in black with a hood and mask, some of the Fox News hosts will think that is all the investigation needed to call someone Antifa.

I've no doubt they are there, but that's idiots looking to believe in something, not proof.

But I guess it serves their political purpose.
June 4th, 2020 at 7:40:48 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
If you dress up in black with a hood and mask, some of the Fox News hosts will think that is all the investigation needed to call someone Antifa.

I've no doubt they are there, but that's idiots looking to believe in something, not proof.

But I guess it serves their political purpose.
Warning NSFW, Antifa infiltrated by project Veritras https://youtu.be/VLR76_e_koE

These people [Antifa] intentionally gouge peoples eyes out and run. Can you imagine just being out one day, checking out the sites in the city of roses, and some terrorist gouges out you or your wifes eye, because you might be wearing a hat they don't like?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 4th, 2020 at 7:47:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
Warning NSFW, Antifa infiltrated by project Veritras https://youtu.be/VLR76_e_koE

These people [Antifa] intentionally gouge peoples eyes out and run. Can you imagine just being out one day, checking out the sites in the city of roses, and some terrorist gouges out you or your wifes eye, because you might be wearing a hat they don't like?

You of all people should know there is also a well known tactic for creating a boogie man in any political movement. Hitler did it with the Jews. etc., etc.,

The rightwing has never been above doing it either. 2 months ago it was illegal aliens.

Veritas has been made a fool of before. Hey, but maybe they got something right this time. Surely they've gotten better at expose' after several fails.