The City on Fire

June 4th, 2020 at 7:49:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The bigger question is, is Antifa as big and terrible as they're making it out to be.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2020 at 8:15:37 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
June 4th, 2020 at 8:24:34 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
As they often said in GOT, winter is coming.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 5th, 2020 at 2:31:29 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
The bigger question is, is Antifa as big and terrible as they're making it out to be.

"Practice things like an eye gouge"

"Consider like destroying your enemy..."

June 5th, 2020 at 2:49:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

They have been recruiting Trump haters for years now. Impossible to say how big they are because like the mafia they are supposed to be a sort of secret society. They live their lives until there is a right of center speaker on a college or something else they do not like then they show up to loot and break things.

As terrible, they for sure are. Their tactics match the tactics of fascists in Europe in the 1930s.
The President is a fink.
June 5th, 2020 at 4:52:41 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Bad news out of Buffalo. Cops were clearing the City Hall area after curfew, and two cops pushed an unarmed 75 year old (thank God White) man, and he stumbled awkwardly and hit his head upon falling. Concussion and pool of blood. The cops were clearly not trying to hurt the guy, but the push was not necessary as the guy was unarmed and not threatening the officers physically. The two 'pushers' have already been suspended, and they will clearly be sacrificial lambs to the appeasers who are the elected officials. (Mayor, County Executive, Governor). The County Executive has already said they should face charges. I don't know the two officers at all, or anything about them other than this incident, but their lives are ruined.
The worst part about it to me was that the officers just continued walking after the guy was on the ground unconscious. One at least bent over to look at the guy but his superior officer just had him continue walking. I pray for both the officers and the protester that the guy makes a full recovery, or else it will be really bad for all of them.

I am interested to hear ams/Rx/terapined's take on it. Do you guys think the two "pushers" deserve criminal charges?
June 5th, 2020 at 4:57:43 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Bad news out of Buffalo. Cops were clearing the City Hall area after curfew, and two cops pushed an unarmed 75 year old (thank God White) man, and he stumbled awkwardly and hit his head upon falling. Concussion and pool of blood. The cops were clearly not trying to hurt the guy, but the push was not necessary as the guy was unarmed and not threatening the officers physically. The two 'pushers' have already been suspended, and they will clearly be sacrificial lambs to the appeasers who are the elected officials. (Mayor, County Executive, Governor). The County Executive has already said they should face charges. I don't know the two officers at all, or anything about them other than this incident, but their lives are ruined.
The worst part about it to me was that the officers just continued walking after the guy was on the ground unconscious. One at least bent over to look at the guy but his superior officer just had him continue walking. I pray for both the officers and the protester that the guy makes a full recovery, or else it will be really bad for all of them.

I am interested to hear ams/Rx/terapined's take on it. Do you guys think the two "pushers" deserve criminal charges?

Oh hell yes there should be criminal charges! Have you seen the video? He was trying to return one of their helmets to them!

And the cops originally claimed he “tripped.” Thank god for cameras.

https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1268717966532792325?s=21
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 5th, 2020 at 5:24:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Oh hell yes there should be criminal charges! Have you seen the video? He was trying to return one of their helmets to them!

And the cops originally claimed he “tripped.” Thank god for cameras.

https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1268717966532792325?s=21

I appreciate your take on it. I didn't notice him having a helmet in his hands first time I saw it. But to me it does not appear that he is trying to give it back. It appears he is trying to get some point across to the officers. I still believe the officers were trying to just push him out of the way so they could continue on their forward march to clear the square of the people defying curfew. But no matter, those two cops are toast. And he did 'trip', but certainly would not have without being pushed!
June 5th, 2020 at 7:12:06 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
There is a BLM protest less than 5 minutes away from where I live today
Stores have all been boarded up

Meanwhile, in Europe

https://twitter.com/AdamMilstein/status/1268269300642508801?s=20
June 5th, 2020 at 7:53:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: aceofspades
There is a BLM protest less than 5 minutes away from where I live today
Stores have all been boarded up

Meanwhile, in Europe

https://twitter.com/AdamMilstein/status/1268269300642508801?s=20

Unless there is some kind of organized coordination, why would anyone in Europe be demonstrating much less rioting?
The President is a fink.