The City on Fire

June 6th, 2020 at 5:37:58 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Of course that is true. Short of incidents which result in obvious public harm, I wonder if there is really a way to figure out who those people are? I wonder what the two best cops in the world would have done? Stop and handcuff the guy? Bear hug and carry him? I don't think on a 'clear the area' mission they could just ignore him because he was old and white?

Well I’m positive the two best cops in the world wouldn’t have shoved him.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 6th, 2020 at 5:39:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
i don't know how you define 'enemy combatant'? He was someone actively breaking the law.

Looked like about one guy who could easily be put in cuffs as said above. He wasn't "a crowd" at that point.

Some people lock themselves to things with chains and no matter how many times they violate an order, you don't need to injure them when there is an alternative.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 6th, 2020 at 5:51:24 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
i don't know how you define 'enemy combatant'? He was someone actively breaking the law. The police had a law they were ordered to enforce. The lawbreaker was given multiple opportunities to walk the other way and cease breaking the law. He chose to do EXACTLY the opposite, not only break the law but advance on the officers. I understand in retrospect he was just an asshole feeble old man, but no one frisked him before the confrontation. And it is not like they beat him. He was pushed, and fell awkwardly. My hunch is during other protests there were hundreds of protesters pushed harder, just they were not as clumsy and feeble.
The two officers have been charged with I think 2nd degree assault. I am not sure what happens in the legal system with this case. They will be tried in a Democrat City, with Democrat judges, after having the Democrat Governor decry the officers. It is hard to imagine them keeping their jobs, even if found not guilty in court.

https://buffalonews.com/2020/06/05/protester-pushed-to-ground-by-buffalo-police-is-longtime-peace-activist-from-amherst/
"He has a YouTube channel with 35 subscribers in which he discusses such issues."

This made me lol, I somehow have more "subscribers" and I don't even make videos.... He must be quite the social media star. I actually want to look him up now...

OK I gave in and looked him up while writing this:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinGugino/videos?disable_polymer=1

The guy is a loon and basically protests for a living. Or "Peace Activist" ….

He is wanting to close Guantanamo Bay and supports U.S. Nuclear Disarmament....

Oh and I just found some pro-Palestine videos. Quite a hero of social justice he is....

Basically he is the kind of leftist that makes me dislike the left. Anti-police, anti-Israel, anti-Military, anti-American.... Basically typical national masochist (we are evil and must disband everything etc etc....)

In case anyone thinks he was some innocent old guy who stumbled onto the street accidentally, he was not, he does this for a living, and has been for apparently decades.... He is a professional "social issue of the day protestor"..... He has turned himself into a martyr and I am sure he is loving all of the nonstop attention he is getting and all of the police resignations he is causing....
June 6th, 2020 at 5:56:35 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: rxwine
Suppose the guy had a baby strapped on his back in a papoose that the officers couldn't see?

Good god, what a DUMB statement.

Um, the guy didn't have a baby strapped to him. DUH! 😒
June 6th, 2020 at 5:58:48 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Your opinion shows you have no police training. Ever hear "you don't leave your wingman?"

If you do not want this to happen, don't block the cops. He crossed out of being a "peaceful protestor" to an "agitator."
He was someone actively breaking the law. The police had a law they were ordered to enforce. The lawbreaker was given multiple opportunities to walk the other way and cease breaking the law. He chose to do EXACTLY the opposite, not only break the law but advance on the officers.

And a DOUBLE SLAM haha!!

Here's what AZ and SOOPOO just did to the libbie! 🤣🤣🤣

June 6th, 2020 at 6:03:10 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Maybe he created his own martyrdom but ensuring he was pushed and made sure he fell and hit his head. He does seem to go down too easy in the video.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 6th, 2020 at 6:04:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Doesn't bother me. Reminds me of the guys who like to video the police and are constantly challenging them when ordered to put away their cameras.

Or even the guys who bring guns into all kinds of areas challenging the attempts to limit their rights. These are all provocateurs and actually the kind of activists who are pushing the limits to actually make a point sometimes at the risk of getting their heads busted open. Kaepernick is one too.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 6th, 2020 at 7:19:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
He was someone actively breaking the law.

So you arrest him and put him in the paddy wagon
If the police need to clear an area, they should do it without putting people in the hospital
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 6th, 2020 at 7:31:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler

He is wanting to close Guantanamo Bay and supports U.S. Nuclear Disarmament....

I support him on both issues

Oh and I just found some pro-Palestine videos. Quite a hero of social justice he is....

What's wrong with being pro-Palestine. I think they should have land just like the Jews.

Basically he is the kind of leftist that makes me dislike the left. Anti-police, anti-Israel, anti-Military, anti-American.... Basically typical national masochist (we are evil and must disband everything etc etc....)

I'm against officers that murder. That's not anti-police
Plenty of Jews strongly disagree with the govt of Israel.
A large segment of Orthodox Jews are against Israel
I think the military wastes billions. Damm straight I'm against wasteful spending.
Protesting to make America a better place to live is not anti-American. A President siding with Putin against our intelligence services regarding Russian interference in our elections is anti-American.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 6th, 2020 at 8:02:47 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
I support him on both issues

What's wrong with being pro-Palestine. I think they should have land just like the Jews.

I'm against officers that murder. That's not anti-police
Plenty of Jews strongly disagree with the govt of Israel.
A large segment of Orthodox Jews are against Israel
I think the military wastes billions. Damm straight I'm against wasteful spending.
Protesting to make America a better place to live is not anti-American. A President siding with Putin against our intelligence services regarding Russian interference in our elections is anti-American.

If you support defunding police you are anti-police.
If you want to abolish ICE as he does you are anti-border.

Getting rid of nuclear weapons is one of the most insane ideas that anyone has ever had. We would give up our overwhelming edge in military strength.
Do you think China or Russia will give up theirs? You seem (rightfully) concerned with Russia. They will happily keep their weapons (and probably amass more with nobody to keep them in check)….

Guantanamo Bay is a key naval base gifted by Cuba in the 1890s (that we still pay them every year for, even if they now make a spectacle of burning the check in a cigar or whatever.....) There needs to be a base like it in the Caribbean. There also needs to be a facility to house terrorists (which is the only aspect of the base most people seem to obsess over....). You know why it is still opened? Obama learned the remaining 50ish inmates, no countries will take because they are so horrendous so there is no where to release them to for civilian jails..... One of the few good executive orders by President Trump was singing the order to authorize the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay indefinitely….. Even if the detention facility closes, which it probably will at some point in history, the naval base will still be there as it has for over 100 years.... The Naval base is never going away..... The detention center probably will in the next 50 years because of political pressure, but that is a relatively small part of the base....

As for Israel, they are made to be the evil force in the Middle East, when the total opposite is true. I guarantee you the only Middle Easter country anyone here would want to live in is Israel. Unfortunately Palestine is run by Islamic extremists who don't care about equality, they care about causing division. Orthodox Jews are not a great place to get ethics from.... I prefer secular Zionists....

I am not a right winger or a Trump fan, so I am not here to defend Trump or his shady dealings with Russia (that did get him impeached)….